• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

P.V.Sindhu reaches Badminton singles Finals in Rio Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last nite's match between Lee Chong Wei of Msia and Lin Dan of China was the best match ever I have seen.

LCW of Msia won!

Lin Dan too is too good.

Its hard to watch calmly when its your own country playing.

I could hear my neighbours screaming in joy when Msia won.

I myself was so tense thru out the game..heart rate was getting too much to handle.

Today is the finals...I hope Msia gets Gold.

LEE CHONG WEI! You have to get Gold!

Amazing & extraordinary accomplishment by P.V.Sindhu! The other female Olympics winners from India- Karnam Malleswari, Saina Nehwal, Mary Kom & Sakshi Malik have won only Bronze! Silver is a feather in the cap of Mother India!

[h=1]Your accomplishment is historic: Modi to Sindhu[/h]

August 19, 2016 21:43

04modi-sindhu.jpg

President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, among other top leaders of the country, congratulated P V Sindhu, whos won first silver medal for India in badminton with a golden performance.

Congrats for the Silver @Pvsindhu1. Very well fought. Your accomplishment at #Rio2016 is historic & will be remembered for years, tweeted the PM.

Great game played with grit; Hearty congrats #PVSindhu on creating history by winning for India Olympic Silver medal. Proud moment for India, whole nation rejoices with your family and you, said President Mukherjee.

Congratulations to @Pvsindhu1 on her incredible achievement. Although she has won a #silver but her performance was golden. #RioOlympics2016, tweeted Union home minister Rajnath Singh.

Rahul tweeted, Great match P V Sindhu! The first #silver for India at Rio! Very proud! Many congratulations.

Congratulations #PVSindhu .What a splendid match you played! Exemplary! said Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...di-to-sindhu/b5340594640d0fb1c18c5c6ee4692fc1

Awards, gifts and encomiums pouring in for our star performer who is the new darling of the masses!

PV Sindhu lauded with gifts: From BMW to Rs 2.05 crore and land

Telangana government announced a cash awards of Rs one crore. Sources said that Government is also likely to gift land to PV Sindhu.

August 20, 2016 8:37 am

pvsindhul3.jpg

PV Sindhu poses with her Rio 2016 Olympics silver medal. (Source: Reuters)

Awards and accolades await P V Sindhu as Telangana and Andhra Pradesh prepare to welcome home the badminton ace. From Hyderabad to Vijayawada to Visakhapatnam, corporates, businessmen and jewellery showrooms are waiting to show their appreciation for the medal-winner in cash and gifts.
The first gift that Sindhu will receive is a BMW from V Chamundeshwarnath, president of Hyderabad District Badminton Association. He had gifted a BMW to Saina Nehwal when she won a bronze in 2012 and vowed to gift one to Sindhu if she wins a medal. “Before the Rio Olympics started, I had said that if anyone from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh wins a medal I will gift a BMW. I am glad, I will be presenting one to Sindhu soon,’’ said Chamundeshwarnath, a close friend of Sachin Tendulkar, who raises the money to buy the luxury cars by seeking donations from businessmen and corporates. Tendulkar who handed over the BMW from Chamundeshwarnath to Saina Nehwal in August 2012 is also likely to hand over the Beemer to Sindhu next month.
Telangana government announced a cash awards of Rs one crore. Sources said that Government is also likely to gift land to Sindhu. Badminton Association of India too announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh for Sindhu and Rs 10 lakh for Gopichand. The All India Football Federation also awarded Rs 5 lakh each for both Sindhu and Sakshi Malik.
The Madhya Pradesh government also announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh for Sindhu, an official said. Congratulating Sindhu for bagging the silver medal, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh, a senior official of the Public Relation department said.
A Vijayawada-based top jewellery showroom chain will sign up Sindhu as their brand ambassador. Several real estate developers are likely to gift flats to promote their prestigious ventures in IT corridor. Mahindra and Mahindra will gift one of their famous SUVs of Sindhu’s choice to the shuttler.
Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao said Friday evening that the government will make all arrangements to accord a glittering reception to Sindhu when she returns from Rio. “Our Telugu daughter has brought glory to the country. We are all proud of her. We will organize a grand welcome for her,’’ Rama Rao said.
Meanwhile, students of faculty of St Ann’s College for Women at Mehdipatnam where Sindhu is pursuing an MBA degree organized a meeting to pray for success of their favourite student. Dozens of students from various schools converged at the Gopichand Badminton Academy at Gachibowli, where Sindhu trains, to watch the match on the big screen. Special prayers and ‘pooja’ were held at various temples across the state including `Peddamma temple’ in Jubillee Hills in Hyderabad for Sindhu’s success.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...raining-gifts-for-rio-star-pv-sindhu-2985893/

Now celebrities joining the chorus!

[h=1]'Sindhu, I'm your fan', tweets Rajinikanth. 14,000 retweets and counting[/h]August 20, 2016 09:39

18pvsindhu2.jpg

The entire country celebrated PV Sindhu winning the silver medal in the women's singles match at the Rio Olympics. Superstar Rajinikanth, who rarely tweets, declared himself a fan of the young player.

His tweet had been retweeted over 14,000 times and still counting. His tweet read, "Hats off to you #PVSindhu .... I have become a great fan of yours ... Congratulations!"

Other celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar to name a few also tweeted their congratulations to the silver girl!

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...and-counting/05eeaebba40f19f5f186d1d781af615a

May be we can discuss this separately! Will sports persons who are children of similar genre be better placed to get medals in international competitions? Such an upbringing in house of sports persons has helped P.V. Sindhu to mold her career in sports!

[h=2]The golden girl[/h] Pusarla Venkata Sindhu is the daughter of PV Ramana and P Vijaya, both national-level volleyball players. Her father was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2000. Sindhu’s older sister, Divya, was a national-level netball player before moving on to pursue medicine.
Sindhu began to make waves on the international circuit some seven years ago. In 2009, at age 13, she won Bronze at the sub-junior Asian Badminton Championships. In 2012, she won Gold in the same championships when she entered the semis of the China Open Masters after handing out a stunning defeat to the London 2012 Olympic Gold medallist, Li Xuerui.
In 2013, she won her first Grand Prix Gold title, the Malaysian Open, following it up with a second GP title at the Macau Open. She then won the Bronze at the BWF World Championships, becoming the first Indian woman to win a singles medal at the tournament. Sindhu received the second-highest sporting recognition, the Arjuna Award when she was just 18 years old.
[h=2]The Olympian[/h] At Rio, she defeated World No 2 Wang Yihan of China to secure herself a berth at Rio. On Tuesday, she beat the Chinese girl again in the quarterfinals at Rio, to advance to the semis and deny badminton superpower China a two-medal finish at the Olympics for the first time since 1996.
After her win against No 6 seed, Japan's Nozomi Okuhara, the reigning All England Champion, to whom she had lost to in each of their three previous meetings, Sindhu assured India a Silver medal. But she did not rest on her laurels and put up a beautiful fight at the finals that all of us can be proud of.
[h=2]And some quick facts[/h]

• Sindhu is the first Indian women to win a Silver medal at the Olympics.
  • She is the fifth woman player from India to win a medal at the Olympics. Karnam Malleshwari (2000, Sydney), MC Mary Kom (2012, London), Saina Nehwal (2012, London), and Sakshi Malik (Rio, 2016) are the other four Indian women to reach the podium at the Olympics.
  • She is the fourth Indian to win a silver at the Olympics. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (2004, Athens), Vijay Kumar (2012, London) and wrestler Sushil Kumar (2012, London) have achieved this feat before her.

https://yourstory.com/2016/08/pv-sindhu-silver-medal-rio-olympics-women-singles-badminton-india/

Sindhu snubs minister's offer, says 'Gopi is best coach'.
qiwmH9bjgieif.jpg

Ace Indian shuttler P V Sindhu, who captured the imagination of the entire nation by winning a silver medal at the Rio Olympics, has ignored Telangana Deputy Chief Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali's offer for a 'better coach', saying that her current guru Pullela Gopichand is the 'best coach' for her."I feel Gopi sir is the best coach. I have been training under him since I was 10. I don't have to say anything about it (minister's comment)," Sindhu told ANI.Her comments came after Ali triggered an outrage on social media with his statement that the 21-year-old lanky shuttler may be provided a 'better coach' so that so could fetch gold in the next Olympics at Tokyo.Sindhu received a rousing welcome on her arrival in her home town and was felicitated by the Telangana government for her stellar performance at the Rio Games.Considered as one of the country's finest shuttlers, Gopichand has produced an array of top-class shuttlers, including 2012 London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal and K Srikanth, a quarterfinalist in Rio de Janeiro.Despite producing a spirited performance in the opening game, Sindhu lost the pulsating women's singles badminton final against Spain's Carolina Marin 21-19, 12-21, 15-21 to settle for the silver medal.With the feat, Sindhu has also become the fifth Indian woman to clinch a medal in Olympics history after Karnam Malleswari, Mary Kom, Saina Nehwal and Sakshi Malik.

Read more at: http://www.sify.com/sports/sindhu-s...s-best-coach-news-olympics-qiznIyaegdbcg.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back