• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

NRI ' s Parents

Are there here any parents with all their children abroad
I am one sch and I thought we can form a group to discuss mutual problems

I am an NRI parent, but I am not your target.
I am a citizen of the USA. I deal with a lot of NRI parents who still have their roots in India and hankering of life in India way back (30, 40, or 50 years).
That India does not exist in the present time. India and younger Indians have moved on.
I do not think I can fit in present-day Indian society.
I have my home here in the USA.
I get all the amenities of India right here in the USA. I have invested my time and resources to find the life I have.

If such a group is formed more troubles will start. In the US privacy is important but Indians living here will blast the personal information and make the life of their children miserable. I know five such cases. These are two different worlds with different sets of values. Old expectations of parents in the India past is not going to work. In the US they are over worked, no free bees, no job security etc., and their problems are unique and they don't need more problems from India. I had met many of my friends who live there, they ask me not to disclose their communication with me. People in India assume US is another India.

So, list all your problems and let us see how the response is given from the USA, UK and Australia.

When I moved from my village to Chennai, my mother used to tell me to write every week. Just two lines - I am fine, I hope you are also fine. No one wants to know that the neighbors daughter-in-law brought only 20o grams of gold or her father did not send her a very expensive Kanchivaram sari. US problems and stress can not be understood as your job has no guarantee unlike in India.

Please don’t add to their trouble unless every one in your expected group had lived at leas one year there. One US living gentleman says that they have to pay $12/- hour for baby sitting without telling how much per hour his son or daughter or he was paid there. In India you have to give a best cup of coffee to the cleaning lady (in Chennai), do they demand like that there. This forum can not be used to lament about political situation etc., unless one is ready to work here and join a volunteer group. I had done that for a long time, it is to complex to do anything in India excepting we mouth a proud heritage as though we have lived in Rama Rajya. This country is not one, but United States of India with many parts with unique problems for each one of them and none can rule this country easily.

Abroad - does not mean only those in US. I am sure PBkhema did not mean those in US alone either.
I am one with my only child living in Europe. She comes every year on a holiday to spend a month with us. We go to her place once in two years to spend a month there. We are clear about what we want and what we give wherever we are. No serious issues.

Latest ads

Back