• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

nostalgia~~ mount road~~ madras?

drsundaram

dont know how many are oldies here to remember this safire, emerald & blue diamond theatre complex in mount road

in blue diamond the show was a continuous performance . means one can take a ticket and stay put through out

all were screening only english movies

i remember all vividly very well and when the buildings gradulaly became extinct it was painful

Yes, I remember those three theatres very well and have seen movies like Hatari and such movies which were screened there. Blue Diamond was the screen which showed continuous shows. They were the landmark of that area. Now the space is lying vacant and waiting for some construction.

hi

when i was working in mylapore...i used to walk to mount road to see movies in saffire/blue diamond and

emarald in 70s....life is changed a lot....now a days....kalyanamandapam earnings are much ch more than cinema

theaters...due to techknowlogy/patronising ....

Latest ads

Back