• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi: Have a dream for your country and the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

"With the help of the police and high court judgement, we successfully rescued 36 children from that area.
"When they came out, they were jumping like frogs rescued from a box.
"That day, I felt that I am not freeing those children, I am freeing myself."
At the 53rd annual convocation ceremony of the IIT-Bombay, Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi shared stories of his struggle and victories while urging young graduates to have a bigger goal for their country and the world at large.
13kailash-satyarthi.jpg
Kailash Satyarthi gave up his career as an electrical engineer to pursue his heart -- to free every child from slavery and empower them to lead a better life, a mission he continues to pursue even today.
In his convocation address, the founder of Bachpan Bachao Andolan advised the class of 2015 to have a three-fold mission -- to dream bigger, to discover new opportunities and to find the courage to do things.

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/repo...m-for-your-country-and-the-world/20150817.htm

Is Satyarthi doing a service or "disservice" to a whole lot of children, in his apparently selfish quest for world renown and awards & honours for himself? I ask this question because even in this write-up it has been written that his aim is "to free every child from slavery and empower them to lead a better life,..." which means that, in the final count, we are creating educated unemployed youth and nothing more. Should not Mr. Satyarthi and/or his Andolan have a clear strategy of getting employment to each of these freed children also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back