• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No "Whisper" Happy to Bleed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Govt relief agencies in chennai engaged in large scale distribution of sanitary napkins in relief camps run by them .

This was a Photo Op for govt run channels .lol

We were forced to shut off our TVs as a result instead of watching. There could be more discretion in such things.

There can be limits to what can be shown on TVs.

In this case, both the 'orthodoxy' and 'women' handle the subject emotionally.

It is better to give proper scientific/medical explanation to those who still believe it has something to do with purity. The myth will go slowly if such people are taught properly.

Govt relief agencies in chennai engaged in large scale distribution of sanitary napkins in relief camps run by them .

This was a Photo Op for govt run channels .lol

We were forced to shut off our TVs as a result instead of watching. There could be more discretion in such things.

There can be limits to what can be shown on TVs.
Just because something is against our "value" system, we can not ask the world to shut it down. Yes talking about Sanitary napkins shocks our sensibility, but there is no way getting around it by ignoring it. They do have to show it, may be with little sensibility.
I still have difficulty accepting LGBT community as normal relationship, but it is a reality. I have to deal with it, now that there are popular TV shows here in USA. The younger generation accepts them easily.

I think it is time to get a few things clear. And that needs openness. Those who are against discussing such things openly please excuse me and skip. Thank you.

1. Mestruation is a biological process and it is involuntary for a woman as she does not have a control over the menstrual flow. So it is better to be watchful and remain discreet instead of cutting a sorry figure. Normally human beings do not bleed from their orifices and yet keep walking or running. This is the reason why right from the old days our women use some sort of pad to contain and manage the flow.

2. Since menses is mostly accompanied by mood changes, it was thought best to take complete rest during the period.

3. Blood can pollute and pollute irrepairably. Those who are familiar with treatment of HIV + patients know how important it is take precautions not to touch the blood of the patients. There are other diseases also which spread by contact with blood of of diseased persons. So pollution is a fact particularly because the blood flow is involuntary. Ask a woman and she will confirm. It is not like controlling your bladder until you find a suitable place to piss.

4. It is an accepted practice among hindus to keep oneself clean before starting a puja. Temples are places meant for puja and prayer exclusively. They are not the places where we go to meet and have a drink. People take bath, wear fresh clothes discarding the used ones, decorate themselves with vibhuti, kumkum or Urdwa pundram and draw fresh water from the well or tap and start the puja at home or temple. It is a discipline one accepts and adopts for oneself. The presumption is, external purity of body is the first step to internal purity of mind which is considered important for a sincere prayer session. And I find it perfectly logical.

5. In orthodox brahmin homes even today, elders will not even touch their darling grand children before the morning puja is over because the children might not have had their bath in the morning before the puja time. It is a question of voluntarily accepted discipline in the process called worshipping God.

6. So I do not find anything wrong in considering that the menstrual flow is polluting.

7. Disclaimer: I do not say all this with any binary judgment about women. I respect nature, and menstruation is a way of shedding and regenerating endometrium by women and it is nature's way. It is better to be discreet in such matters and avoid unnecessary victimhood grievances and revolutionary verbiage.

8. Avoiding contact with pollutants and protecting oneself against pollution induced diseases is an eternal universal value--not just ancient hindu value alone. Period.

Sorry if I have exceeded the limits. Thanks.

Last edited:
Some people are commenting such that their bigotry is not obvious.

What people do at any time is their own prerogative. It is wrong for others to control my (Or any other persons) legal actions. Stop it if it is illegal, but do not enforce your moral standard but legal actions on others.

Why must a "MAN" proclaim to know what is right for a "WOMAN", let her be the judge.

Some people are commenting such that their bigotry is not obvious.

Why must a "MAN" proclaim to know what is right for a "WOMAN", let her be the judge.

Sneezing men with leaking nose are more polluting Never considered impure for that and can move about freely - But Women mestruating - their movements are restricted even with Whisper It is not about the leak through the orifice women are are fighting againstt it is agaist the impurity & the selective quarantine thrust on them!

Last edited:

Firstly I am surprised there is even TV coverage about Sanitary Pad being distributed for flood victims..can't these be done without media coverage?

As a woman I myself do not like too much focus on the biological functions of women being made public.

Out here when we had massive floods in East Coast of Msia last year..rescue efforts just mentioned that they supplies food,water,medical supplies,milk and other basic needs to victims.

Now basic needs also include Toilet Paper,Disposable Diapers and Sanitary pads but a detail break down was not given cos it would not look too "polite" to advertise to the whole world all these are being distributed.

When I go the nearby store to purchase toilet tissue for my clinic washroom I make sure I hide what I am buying cos its embarrassing to be carrying a toilet tissue packet openly walking to my clinic...cos everyone knows how and why a toilet tissue is used.

Even while dispensing medication..if a patient has hemorroids(Piles)..I usually tell my nurses to lower their voices a bit while giving the medicine so that others do not hear it..some people feel shy that they have piles cos it involves the nether region.

In life some functions of the body are private and should not be made a public affair.

Now coming to what you wrote above..yes..I fully support your stance.

I feel males should not interfere with the functions of a female body..males have a habit of thinking they know what is best for a women.

I have even seen talks shows here where males get together even bitching about women moving away from tradition by using sticker pottu!LOL

So males need to be reminded that there is limit they can comment on.

Renukaji
You are trying to teach concepts of privacy to some men who have taken upon themselves the right to decide what is private for women.

Tradition and religion promoting a paternalistic mindset is the root cause along with the economic dependance of women on men.

Times have changed but the mindsets have not.

There are some in this forum who cover up this mindset with flowery english language and imagine that good english can cover up their male outdated mind sets.

Nothing much can be done about them or their beliefs.

They will continue the same merry way and you are wasting your breath.

Lucky you are far away from this crowd . But every country has its set of intolerant men imposing their diktats on women . I suppose Malaysia is no different perhaps

worse too.

But every country has its set of intolerant men imposing their diktats on women . I suppose Malaysia is no different perhaps

worse too.

Yes you are right.

I feel only the animal kingdom males do not decide how a female should behave.

Does a male dog tell a female dog "stay only faithful to one partner!"

Nope the male dog does not...he joins the pack and has fun.

Dogs somehow have worked everything out very well!LOL

There is a huge devastating storm blowing here in this thread.

Like all storms this storm is also full of muck. There is a squaly wind which bring and deposit excreta called prejudices and misjudgments about people calling them liberally as bigots. These specimens call others bigots that too trying to hide themselves. These detective naattaamais have x ray eyes with which they find out who is bigot and who is not. Stupid.

And there are winds which bring and deposit the dirt called again misjudgments calling individual members here as people with paternalistic mindset (whatever that means). These are minds which considers themselves to be the Naattaamai for this forum.

In short it is just shit storm that is blowing. And I do not intend to stir out as the muck may come and stick.

There is no scope for a healthy discussion about a touchy subject here as arguments are not met with by arguments but by punches in the groins.

Good bye naattaamais. LOL.

Ha Ha Ha

Roles are getting decided in a paternalistic way.

Who is sane and insane is being certified not by a doctor here but by a all knowing sub jantha male of last century.lol

Ha Ha Ha

Who is sane and insane is being certified not by a doctor here but by a all knowing sub jantha male of last century.lol

Punch on the face மூக்குஓடஞ்சூ bleeding from Nose and no hit on the groin - Is this Vicarious M..cycle?

Ha Ha Ha

Extremely poor understanding of facts and a pathetic display of absolute ignorance. LOL

Renukaji is not a psychiatrist or psychologist. So there is no role confusion.

And by the way, please let me know what is this "sub jantha male".

On getting your reply I will give you a little bit of my mind.

Old people generally think they are kids born yesterday and hence call other adults males of last century.

Hi kid, try to grow up. Doctor prescribes Complan daily twice-flavour your choice. LOL.

Last edited:
Punch on the face மூக்குஓடஞ்சூ bleeding from Nose and no hit on the groin - Is this Vicarious M..cycle?

OMG. It was bleeding so far and it appears it is all over and now <edited>. LOL.

Yes. I support the feminists who demand that women should have the right to enjoy their <edited> and express it too right in the midst of a very large crowd on the Marina. It is after all a woman's birth right. Go to hell MCPs. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly I am surprised there is even TV coverage about Sanitary Pad being distributed for flood victims..can't these be done without media coverage?

As a woman I myself do not like too much focus on the biological functions of women being made public.

Out here when we had massive floods in East Coast of Msia last year..rescue efforts just mentioned that they supplies food,water,medical supplies,milk and other basic needs to victims.

Now basic needs also include Toilet Paper,Disposable Diapers and Sanitary pads but a detail break down was not given cos it would not look too "polite" to advertise to the whole world all these are being distributed.

When I go the nearby store to purchase toilet tissue for my clinic washroom I make sure I hide what I am buying cos its embarrassing to be carrying a toilet tissue packet openly walking to my clinic...cos everyone knows how and why a toilet tissue is used.

Even while dispensing medication..if a patient has hemorroids(Piles)..I usually tell my nurses to lower their voices a bit while giving the medicine so that others do not hear it..some people feel shy that they have piles cos it involves the nether region.

In life some functions of the body are private and should not be made a public affair.

Now coming to what you wrote above..yes..I fully support your stance.

I feel males should not interfere with the functions of a female body..males have a habit of thinking they know what is best for a women.

I have even seen talks shows here where males get together even bitching about women moving away from tradition by using sticker pottu!LOL

So males need to be reminded that there is limit they can comment on.

I fully agree with this. Well said, Dr. Renuka ji!

OMG. It was bleeding so far and it appears it is all over and now it appears orgasm and ecstasy. LOL.

Yes. I support the feminists who demand that women should have the right to enjoy their orgasms and express it too right in the midst of a very large crowd on the Marina. It is after all a woman's birth right. Go to hell MCPs. LOL.

See them doing exactly that in this poem By kamala Doss

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-looking-glass-11/

Last edited by a moderator:
Though all topics are allowed to be discussed, there are some topics which might not go well with a many of our readers and members are requested not to post links to webpages that may not be family friendly in nature or go indepth into topics that may be considered taboo in some households.

So please do not deviate from the family-friendly discussions.
Any deviation, then i am afraid this thread will have to be closed.

That is a beautiful poem. I had read it earlier too. Thanks for brin ging it here. I enjoyed reading it again.

A poem a day
keeps the agony away

A poem a day
Keeps "Sanitary" & "saninty '' at bay!

' Whispers ' to stay
Cannot wish away!!

It is the right way
Never stray!!

Issue is Red Commets Grey
Swing and sway!

" Whisaper "க்கு ஜே!!
" Whisper " க்கு ஜே!!

உர(ரை)க்க சொல்லுங்கோ
"Whisper"க்கு ஜே!

Yey Yey!!
"Whisper"க்கு ஜே!

cheer2.gif

Last edited:
A poem a day
keeps the agony away
A poem a day
' Whispers ' to stay
Cannot wish away!!
It is the right way
Never stray!!
Swing and sway!
" Whisaper "க்கு ஜே!!
" Whisper " க்கு ஜே!!
உர(ரை)க்க சொல்லுங்கோ
"Whisper"க்கு ஜே!
Yey Yey!!
"Whisper"க்கு ஜே!

Next in line Deepa pradakshinam is expected. And then Sundal viniyogam. LOL.

A poem a day
keeps the agony away

A poem a day

' Whispers ' to stay
Cannot wish away!!

It is the right way
Never stray!!

Swing and sway!

" Whisaper "க்கு ஜே!!
" Whisper " க்கு ஜே!!

உர(ரை)க்க சொல்லுங்கோ
"Whisper"க்கு ஜே!

Yey Yey!!
"Whisper"க்கு ஜே!

cheer2.gif
What is the tune?

Nama sangeerthanam or Kuththup Paattu ?

In open, aloud and in group ? or in whisper,solo and alone?

What is the tune?

Nama sangeerthanam or Kuththup Paattu ?

In open, aloud and in group ? or in whisper,solo and alone?

This song is penned by ரத்த சிவப்பழகி for the contemplated Movie குருதிப் புயல் ! Actual production to commence after SC s verdict on this issue involving Sabarimala. If the ban on women is lifted by SC - location of this song will be Sabarimal Temple and probably tuned accordingly to the traditional சரணம் ஐய்யப்பா tunes in chorus ! If SC dosenot give relief then this song's location will be the crowded Marina as suggseted by Vagami (Ref Post# 41 and 43) to establish their birth right - it has to b e the Kuthhu tune then!!

Next in line Deepa pradakshinam is expected. And then Sundal viniyogam. LOL.

Ref:#49 - This again depends on SC verdict If the Song is performed In Sabarimala Temple It will be Makara Jothi Holier than Deepa Pradakishanam - If performed in In crowed Marina as per your wish them it will be only மாங்கா தேங்கா பட்டாணி Sundal! The Marina tradition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back