• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

new temples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need new temples in India?

We do not need any more temples. Even Jayendra Saraswati swamigal said that we should take care of the existing temples first instead of constructing new temples. Nobody listens to him because building new temples has become a commercial enterprise. Add a dash of novelty like tallest idols etc to ensure heavy footfalls.

New Temples come mainly in new colonies where there are no temples.Everyone wants to have a temple near his place of residence.
This phenomenon will continue till development of new colonies take place.
I fully agree that the tendency to construct new temples in areas where temples already exist should not be encouraged.

New Temples come mainly in new colonies where there are no temples.Everyone wants to have a temple near his place of residence.
This phenomenon will continue till development of new colonies take place.
I fully agree that the tendency to construct new temples in areas where temples already exist should not be encouraged.

The temples in the colonies are small ones. The temples I meant are such as Golden temple for Mahalakshmi at Vellore, Vittal Rukmini mandir at Govindapuram etc. These are only examples and there may be many more.

Dear Shri.V.Subbu48,
In Islam,the only Mosque in Mecca(Saudi Arabia)is considered Sacred and every devout
Muslim likes to vist Mecca during their life time.
In Hinduism,we are told by Scholars that if one cannot visit Sacred places,there will be another temple which is considered as equivalent to the sacred place and it would be enough if one visits that temple.If a person is unable to visit Balaji Temple,Tirupathi,it will be enough if one visits Gunaseelam Temple near Tiruchirapalli,Chinna tirupathi in Eluru,Andhra.In Thiruvanaikoil,within the main temple there is one temple
"SANKARESAN Temple" near the south side entrance..I have never seen people entering into that temple in my childhood.Recently,I saw people entering and worshiping.When I inquired I was told that someone had seen inscriptions in culvert by a Scholar Shri.Appaiah Dixtitar that visiting this
temple is equivalent to visiting KASI.
I have never visited Guruvayur Temple in Kerala.But I could visit replica of the same temple in Mayur Vihar,NewDelhi,Nanganallur,Chennai.Those who cannot visit the original
Mahalakshmi Temple and Pandharpur temple in Maharashtra may get opportunity to visit these temples.I was informed by a knowledgeable person that one way of utilising unaccounted wealth by industrialists is to construct temples in promboke lands/Government lands and maintaining these temples.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back