• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need new discussion topics !

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hariharan1972

Guys,

Somehow i am getting a feeling that the current discussion topics are getting repetitive.

I accept that the purpose of this forum is NOT to entertain, but not sure whether all discussions should relate to the community only. I feel we can also discuss issues which affect us as say Indians or plainly just humans without digressing from the objectives of the forum.

I tried my best to 'wean' the discussion away to other topics but haven't seen encouraging traffic.

I don't know how we can do this, but first want to know whether we want to do it without losing the core objective of this forum.

This is my view, would leave it to forum's choice.

I accept that the purpose of this forum is NOT to entertain,
hmm... dont see it said anywhere ;)

but not sure whether all discussions should relate to the community only.
no, the topics need not be based around / related to the community. anything goes as long as they are decent and doesnt hurt any other member's feeling

discussion on movies, music, spirituality etc etc are always welcome

Thanks

Praveen,

In hindsight "entertain" wasn't such a good choice for what i wanted to convey. Actually i don't want to move to movies etc... bcoz i feel our forum has to always have a very high quotient of purpose.

What i meant ofcourse was that there are other topics such as Technology, Economics, World Affairs, Current Affairs, Media etc... etc....

Ofcourse i want the forum to retain it's CORE identity without getting too much digressed into these topics.

I completely agree with you that any discussion has to be within the boundaries of decency & acceptability.

One thought i had is perhaps to discuss the events of week in a thread. I am not sure that our radars are able to absorb every significant event happening in the country & this could be a good forum to share.

how about cricket? and worldcup?

we can talk about the prospects of the indian team.

we can discuss india's chance in olympics.

How indians can do better?

whether brahmins can become more accomplished sportspersons? ( I am not talking about cricket here. Tennis, football etc )
Do we need to change our diet for that? Will you make that diet change for your child ?

River integration in India. Possibilities

Unfiorm Civil code ( do we need it uniform. Will u support hindu personal laws or muslim personal ( read marriage laws).
More specifically Do u want 1 or 4 ?
icon10.gif
Just discussing it in a light hearted manner.

Takeshi's castle shown in POGO.

Should we ban GETIX and other channels that harm children?

FTV
icon12.gif

There is a thread already on world cup.

we can talk about the prospects of the indian team.

There is a thread already on world cup. We can use that to discuss if you are interested.

Ek dum pate ki baat bole bhai!

It is high time we got deaddicted from some sickening , weird and regressive thought process and talk of better things in life. Count me in..

LQ

Guys,

Somehow i am getting a feeling that the current discussion topics are getting repetitive.

I accept that the purpose of this forum is NOT to entertain, but not sure whether all discussions should relate to the community only. I feel we can also discuss issues which affect us as say Indians or plainly just humans without digressing from the objectives of the forum.

I tried my best to 'wean' the discussion away to other topics but haven't seen encouraging traffic.

I don't know how we can do this, but first want to know whether we want to do it without losing the core objective of this forum.

Guys,

sir - i think even when discussing about serious issues, we can always mix humour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back