• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Need clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arsr

Namaskaram,

I need some clarification rgd visiting temples after the death of a family member ..

I notice a thread available on this subject, but am unable to pose any question there as the thread is closed ..

Anyway, my question is should all family members (including extended family members) refrain from visiting temples for a year, or is it only the son (who performs the rites) and other members of the same family ?

To be more specific, my periamma (my father's brother's wife) passed away a few months back(it's not yet a year) . Should I, being her niece refrain from visiting temples for a year ? I'd like to visit Manasarovar .. Would like to know, if it is ok to go ahead (as per sastras) -

Pl clarify -

Thanks

YES . ALL THAYADHIS SHOULD DESIST FROM VISITING TEMPLES WITH "DWJASTHAMBAM"
TILL ATTASHRARDHAM. I WAS ADVISED BY OUR FAMILY PROHIT. WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING
THAT. HOWEVER I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO CONSULT TOUR FAMILY PROHIT.

Regards

Thank you Mr.Saptharishi for your reply.

I am aware that Thayadhis should desist from visiting temples with Dwajasthambam for a year, however my questions was different in that the places I mentioned NEITHER have temples NOR Dwajasthambams ..

I had mentioned about Kailash and Manasarovar .. I would like to know if thayadhis can visit this place as there aren't any temples there -
thanks!

My only suggestion is put the core of the topic in the title itself like "need clarification on temple visit after death in the family" as this will help those who want to read the thread and will help when searches are made on this topic.

Namaskaram,

I need some clarification rgd visiting temples after the death of a family member ..

I notice a thread available on this subject, but am unable to pose any question there as the thread is closed ..

Anyway, my question is should all family members (including extended family members) refrain from visiting temples for a year, or is it only the son (who performs the rites) and other members of the same family ?

To be more specific, my periamma (my father's brother's wife) passed away a few months back(it's not yet a year) . Should I, being her niece refrain from visiting temples for a year ? I'd like to visit Manasarovar .. Would like to know, if it is ok to go ahead (as per sastras) -

Pl clarify -

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back