• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nakshatra birthday

My son was born in Aani Uthradam. However there are two Uthradam occurrences in Aani this year - 17 June and 14 July. Which then would be the right occasion to celebrate the star birthday? Somewhere in an earlier thread, I read that the second occurrence is to be used "mostly". Could experts like Gopalanji please advise? Thanks.
You have to celebrate on 14th July. R.Ramaswami

Thanks Gopalan and Ramaswami Sirs for your quick replies that the second occurrence of the nakshatra in the month is always chosen. There is also a related query about my father-in-law’s tithi (Aani suklapaksha chaturthi) - vakya panchangam says July 2 is to be treated as chaturthi, though tithi seems to be present only at suryodayam on July 3, and also for slightly longer duration.

For shrardham you have to see shrardha thithi in panjangam and this time it is only July 2nd and July 3rd there is no shrardham as it is athithi.

Latest ads

Back