• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My pen words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Army Day Celebrations

A tribute to our army

Our armed forces deserve a salute

For being very tough and resolute

The sacrifice that they do for us

Is something very enormous

They are away from their kith and kin

So that we could live with our people through thick and thin

Facing enemies, they daily lose their sleep

but making sure we don't weep for want of sleep

They live in temporary tents, braving the wind and frost

Unmindful of homely pleasures that are completely lost

They are our real national heroes

working for us at freezing zeros

They hardly could relish their food

But make us enjoy our daily food

They miss all the festivals of the land

To enable us to celebrate them grand

They face threat to their life any moment

facing at all hours enemy's treacherous torment

They have no holidays to relax and enjoy

They sacrifice their pleasure for us to enjoy

They have to be on the vigil day and night

A slack on their part will land us in a pitiable plight

They are the soldiers of the nation

Our security rests on their solid foundation

They don't enjoy the luxury of freedom of speech

Any word said against will tantamount to breach

They can't ask a question how and why

They have to obey orders, even if it is to die

Their most valuable personal freedom they sacrifice

For our welfare, they pay a heavy price

It is because of the Indian army

The nation survives including, you and me

Kudos to our valiant Indian army

Who save us from situations that are stormy

On seeing the peacock raising its plume and dance,
Turkey started imitating it with a proud glance,
Thinking all the while, it is quite amazing,
Not realising the shame it is facing;
Like the illiterate who composed
a poem and got shamefully exposed.

சை(ஃ) பர் மொழிகள்

It is dangerous to ignore cyber crime

As if it is nothing but a cipher crime

Your card can be easily cloned

Even though it is what you owned

Beware of the mechanical or human skimmer

Who can use your data and make your purses slimmer

Keep your pin close to your heart

And let it not leak out in a mart

Be careful about online buying

Don't give room for on and off spying

Change your pin quite frequently

But don't forget it subsequently

Safest thing is purchase by cash

Even if what you buy is a trash:

Unless you keep yourself agile at all times and be careful

Nothing can save your condition from becoming doleful

The parrot and the crow

My verse

The parrot derided the crow

Its superiority, it wanted to show;

It was proud that it can speak like a man

Which the crow in its life never can:

It said to the crow you look black and awful

Whereas I look pleasant and beautiful

So people love me and keep me as their pet

They don't like you and hence their love, you never get

Hearing this the crow felt really really bad

Not knowing what to say, it flew away feeling very sad

In that house, one day there was a ceremony

the master put a ball of cooked rice in the balcony

Raising his voice, he cried caw, caw like a crow

Soon that crow landed on the balcony with a glow

The parrot now saw the crow with a pathetic look

The rice ball with its beak, the crow happily took

It told the parrot you look good and so you are in a cage

Because I am not that good I am always in the aerial stage

As a slave to your master, you are forced to learn his language and speak

Whereas to feed me he invites me using my language with a shriek

Now I don't mean to say I am superior

But I am definitely better than you and not inferior

The fact is I am ever free, you are never free

saying this the crow got perched on top of a tree

வேணாம், வேணாம், வேணவே வேணாம். 1

ஆசிரியர்:

ஒரு காலத்துலே வாத்தியார்னா ஒரு மரியாதை இருந்தது. ஆனால் இன்னிக்கு மரியாதை இல்லாதது மாத்திரமில்லை. வாத்தியார்னாலே எகத்தாளமாத்தான் பார்க்கறாங்க.

வாத்தியார் பொழப்பு நாய்ப் பொழப்பாப் போச்சு. ஒரு சில வாத்தியார்களோட கேடு கெட்ட நடத்தையினாலே இன்னிக்கு எல்லா வாத்தியார்களும் தலை நிமிர்ந்து நடக்க முடியலை.

பாடத்திட்டங்களெல்லாம் அடிக்கடி மாறிக்கிட்டே இருக்கு. போதாதுக்கு வாத்தியார் வேலையிலே தொடர்ந்து இருக்கணும்னா பரீட்சை வேறே. இனிமே வாத்தியாருக்கு வருஷா வருஷம் பரீட்சை வெப்பாங்க போல இருக்கு

இந்தக் காலத்துப்பசங்க எப்படின்னு உங்களுக்கெல்லாம் தெரியும். அவங்களைக் கட்டி மேய்க்கிறது இருக்கே அது பெரும்பாடு. அந்தக்காலத்துலே எஙகளையெல்லாம் வாத்தியார் கண்டிப்பார். அடிப்பார். யாரும் கேட்க மாட்டாங்க. அதுக்காக யாரும் தற்கொலை பண்ணிக்கிட்டதில்லை. இன்னும் சொல்லப்போனா பெற்றோர்களே வாத்தியார் கிட்டே வந்து பையனைக் கண்டிச்சி வைங்கன்னு சொல்வாங்க. ஆனா இன்னிக்கு பையனைத் தொட்டாலே ஆபத்து. அதுக்கு ஏத்தாப்போலே இப்ப அரசாங்க சட் டதிட்டங்கள் வேறே.

பாடம் நடத்தும்போது பையன் பாட்ட பக்கத்துப் பையனோடே பேசிக்கிட்டிருக்கான். இல்லை. செல்போன்லே பேசிக்கிட்டு இருக்கான். என்னன்னு கேக்க முடியறதில்லை. கேட்டா உங்க வேலையைப் பாருங்கங்கிறான். அவன் மேலே ஏதாவது நடவடிக்கை எடுத்தா வாத்தியாரைப் பத்தி இல்லாததும் பொல்லாததும் சொல்லி அசிங்கப் படுத்திடறான். அவனோடே அப்பா கிட்டே கம்ப்ளெயின் பண்ணிடறான். அவரும் மறு நாள் ஸ்கூலுக்கு வந்து வாத்தியாரைக் காய்ச்சு காய்ச்சுன்னு காய்ச்சிட்டு போயிடறார். ஒரு பையன் சரியா படிக்கல்லைனு வாத்தியார் திட்டப் போக அந்தப் பையன் மறுநாள் தற்கொலை செய்துகிட்டு இறந்து போயிட்டான். அவன் எதுக்காக தற்கொலை செய்து கிட்டானோ தெரியாது. ஆனாலும் வாத்தியார் திட்டினதாலே தான் அவன் தற்கொலை செய்துகிட்டான்னு தீர்மானம் பண்ணி வாத்தியாரை வேலையிலிருந்து ஸஸ்பெண்ட் பண்ணி அவர் இப்ப கோர்ட் கேஸுன்னு அலைஞ்சிக்கிட்டு இருக்கார். பசங்க கிட்டே இப்ப எல்லாம் ரொம்ப ஜாக்கிரதையா பேசணும். பழகணும். இல்லேன்னா வாத்தியாரை கீரொ பண்ணிடுவாங்க.

பையங்களோட பரீட்சை பேப்பரை திருத்தறதே ஒரு பெரிய தண்டனை.

தலையெழுத்தைவிட மோசமாயிருக்கிற

அவங்க எழுத்தைப் புரிந்து கொள்வதே பெரிய வேலை. பரீட்சைப் பேப்பரை திருத்தறதுக்குள்ளே தாவு தீர்ந்துடும்.

பரீட்சையிலே காப்பி அடிச்சான்னு ஒரு பையனை பிடிக்கப்போக

அவன் மேலிடத்துப் பையன் என்று தெரிய வரவே அந்தப்பையன் மீது எந்த நடவடுக்கையும் எடுக்காததோடு அந்த ஆசிரியரை தண்ணியில்லாக் காட்டுக்கு டிரான்ஸ்ஃபர் பண்ணிட்டாங்க.

ஒரு பையனைக் கண்டித்ததால் அப்பையன் வாத்தியரை கத்தியால் குத்திக் கொலை செய்தது உங்க எல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும். இப்படி ஆசிரியருக்கு எந்தப் பாதுகாப்புமே இல்லாமல் போய் விட்டது.

இப்ப வாத்தியாருக்கெல்லாம் நிறைய சம்பளம் கொடுக்கறாங்களேன்னு சொல்லலாம். இப்ப விக்கிற விலை வாசியிலே தொண்டைத் தண்ணி வரண்டு போற மாதிரி கத்தற கத்துக்கு நெய் வாங்கவே இந்த சம்பளம் பத்தாது. அதுவுமில்லாம நீங்க நினைக்கிறா மாதிரி என்னை மாதிரி பிரைவேட் ஸ்கூல்ல வேலை செய்யற வாத்தியார்களுக்கெல்லாம் சம்பளம் கிடையாது. வெறும் 5000 அல்லது 6000ம் தான் கொடுக்கறாங்க. ஆனா

எங்ககிட்டே கையெழுத்து வாங்கறது மட்டும் 15000 ரூபாய்க்கு வாங்கிப்பாங்க. இதை வெளியிலே சொன்னா இருக்கிற வேலையும் போயிடும். எல்லாரும் வாத்தியார்னா நிறைய லீவு இருக்கும். அவங்களுக்கு என்ன ஜாலி தான்னு ஊர் உலகத்துலே நினைச்சிக்கிட்டு இருக்காங்க. ஆனா லீவுலே பேப்பர் திருத்தர வேலை தவிர சென்ஸஸ் கணக்கு, ரேஷன் அட்டைக்கான தகவல்கள், எலக்ஷன் ட்யூட்டி இப்படி மாத்தி மாத்தி ஏதாவது ஒரு வேலை இருந்து கொண்டே இருக்கும்.

இப்ப இருக்கிற காலத்துலே வாத்தியார் வேலையை விட்டு வேறு ஏதாவது வேலைக்குப் போறதே மேல். வேணாம். வேணாம். வாத்தியார் வேலை வேணவே வேணாம்.

Palani Panchamirtham Episode:

When I was doing my engineering at GCT, Coimbatore, we civil engineering students had a survey project and were taken to a village by name Madathukulam some 40 miles away from Coimbatore. We were accompanied by our lecturer and were put up in a camp. Every morning we went on survey quite early to beat the sun, had a break for a few hours till lunch and then continued our survey till evening. As we could expect, villagers became curious to know what and why we were carrying out the survey. To give them a false satisfaction, we students used to bluff that a new road project was on the anvil and to facilitate it, we were carrying out preliminary survey. The villagers got interested and were willing to extend all help to us. But spending time there in the village was an arduous task. On a particular day, after finishing our work, still a full half a day was left and not knowing what to do for the rest of the day, some of us ( and I am one of those some) planned to have an outing for the afternoon. The temple town Palani was just 18 miles from there and ( of the some) three of us room mates decided to go to Palani by walk, walk being a favourite past time for all the three of us. We took permission from our lecturer to go to Palani but with a warning that we must return by the next morning.

whole heartedly within myself. My cousin's marriage was to take place the next day at Kodumudi at a distance of about 80 miles from Coimbatore. I had already chalked out a plan to attend it and keeping that in view only, I purchased one big bottle full of Panchamirtham. Taking it with me along with my other baggages, I left for Kodumudi and reached there for the "Mappillai Azhaippu" (மாப்பிள்ளை அழைப்பு). The next morning when the "muhurtham" (முகூர்த்தம்) was over, I opened my bag to distribute the prasadam I.e., Panchamirtham to the man of the occasion, i.e., (மாப்பிள்ளை) and some of my other very close people. When I opened my bag, I found the clothes sticky and wet and I found that the cover of the Panchamirtham bottle was six inches above the mouth of the bottle, the entire stretch of six inches was streaked by the semisolid nectar smearing all over my clothes that I had reserved and kept for the occasion and when I looked at the bottle I found that it was more than half empty with the remaining half smearing my pants, shirts and so on. I closed the bottle immediately went to the backyard of the house where the marriage celebration was going on, washed the outside of the bottle well, came back to tell my people proudly that I brought the nectar specially for them and distributed the same to them, keeping within myself the bitter fact of half of the sweet Panchamirtham which I purchased disappearing. With all my dresses smeared with the holy nectar, I was left with no other alternative except to wear the same set of dresses which I used on the first evening on the other two days of my stay there. Thus my Palani Panchamirtham adventure came to a sweet but sticky end! Panchamirtham might have pleased Lord Muruga but has displeased me fomenting trouble to me because of its unwanted fermentation spoiling my clothes and my mood on an otherwise pleasant occasion

Palani Panchamirtham Episode:

When I was doing my engineering at GCT, Coimbatore, we civil engineering students had a survey project and were taken to a village by name Madathukulam some 40 miles away from Coimbatore. We were accompanied by our lecturer and were put up in a camp. Every morning we went on survey quite early to beat the sun, had a break for a few hours till lunch and then continued our survey till evening. As we could expect, villagers became curious to know what and why we were carrying out the survey. To give them a false satisfaction, we students used to bluff that a new road project was on the anvil and to facilitate it, we were carrying out preliminary survey. The villagers got interested and were willing to extend all help to us. But spending time there in the village was an arduous task. On a particular day, after finishing our work, still a full half a day was left and not knowing what to do for the rest of the day, some of us ( and I am one of those some) planned to have an outing for the afternoon. The temple town Palani was just 18 miles from there and ( of the some) three of us room mates decided to go to Palani by walk, walk being a favourite past time for all the three of us. We took permission from our lecturer to go to Palani but with a warning that we must return by the next morning.

whole heartedly within myself. My cousin's marriage was to take place the next day at Kodumudi at a distance of about 80 miles from Coimbatore. I had already chalked out a plan to attend it and keeping that in view only, I purchased one big bottle full of Panchamirtham. Taking it with me along with my other baggages, I left for Kodumudi and reached there for the "Mappillai Azhaippu" (மாப்பிள்ளை அழைப்பு). The next morning when the "muhurtham" (முகூர்த்தம்) was over, I opened my bag to distribute the prasadam I.e., Panchamirtham to the man of the occasion, i.e., (மாப்பிள்ளை) and some of my other very close people. When I opened my bag, I found the clothes sticky and wet and I found that the cover of the Panchamirtham bottle was six inches above the mouth of the bottle, the entire stretch of six inches was streaked by the semisolid nectar smearing all over my clothes that I had reserved and kept for the occasion and when I looked at the bottle I found that it was more than half empty with the remaining half smearing my pants, shirts and so on. I closed the bottle immediately went to the backyard of the house where the marriage celebration was going on, washed the outside of the bottle well, came back to tell my people proudly that I brought the nectar specially for them and distributed the same to them, keeping within myself the bitter fact of half of the sweet Panchamirtham which I purchased disappearing. With all my dresses smeared with the holy nectar, I was left with no other alternative except to wear the same set of dresses which I used on the first evening on the other two days of my stay there. Thus my Palani Panchamirtham adventure came to a sweet but sticky end! Panchamirtham might have pleased Lord Muruga but has displeased me fomenting trouble to me because of its unwanted fermentation spoiling my clothes and my mood on an otherwise pleasant occasion

Watch yourself

There was once a pair of acrobats. The teacher was a poor widower and the student was a young girl by the name of Meda. These acrobats performed each day on the streets in order to earn enough to eat.

Their act consisted of the teacher balancing a tall bamboo pole on his head while the little girl climbed slowly to the top. Once to the top, she remained there while the teacher walked along the ground.

Both performers had to maintain complete focus and balance in order to prevent any injury from occurring and to complete the performance. One day, the teacher said to the pupil:

'Listen Meda, I will watch you and you watch me, so that we can help each other maintain concentration and balance and prevent an accident. Then we'll surely earn enough to eat.'

But the little girl was wise, she answered, 'Dear master, I think it would be better for each of us to watch ourself. To look after oneself means to look after both of us. That way I am sure we will avoid any accidents and earn enough to eat.'

Explanation: This one isn't a specifically Zen story, but it's said to have been told by the Buddha himself. This story is meant to illustrate that taking care of yourself is the most important thing you can do to take care of others.

By learning how to nourish your mind and body you'll naturally begin to treat those around you with more compassion, love, and kindness and create a more positive impact on the world around you as a whole. There is no division, taking care of yourself (in a spiritual sense, not in a material "buy myself things" kind of sense) equals taking care of others.

Specifically, by taking care of yourself, the Buddha was referring to mindfulness. The Buddha also said that by taking care of others, by showing them compassion and loving-kindness, we take care of ourselves.

A never ending experience:

I couldn't remember whether he was my old student or a young student, but looked very young indeed and when I came back from my senses I told him, " Sorry, my friend. I am not able to place you. That is the difficulty with most of us teachers." Then he introduced himself by telling his name which I forgot the minute he told it, talked casually about where he was working and how much respect he had for me and how good I was in teaching and as a teacher and so on, a rare gesture from a student to get. I felt very sorry and ashamed within myself for having mistaken a good student (!) of mine for a mendicant but thanked him for all the good words that he had told about me which was and is usually unusual from a student and with a sense of guilt I took leave of him or to put it rightly, permitted him to take leave of me. This guilty feeling of having equated a good old student of mine to a beggar made me go sleepless for a few days and I decided that hereafter I shouldn't jump to conclusions arbitrarily and it was better to err on the safe side in future.

A month after this incident, as I was walking along the road side , a gentleman approached me and cast a friendly familiar smile at me, a smile usually reserved for friends and close associates only. With my past experience, I was sure I was not going to be fooled this time and as he approached me, I took the initiative and to impress him with my astounding memory, imagining that he was asking me as to whether I remembered him or not, asked him whether he was my old student. That was enough for him to establish a close rapport with me and he started reeling out his story of how he was from a decent family, how he lost his purse and so on, the usual platitudes that such people indulge in. He even offered himself to be my student, thanked me for such a sentiment and wanted me to pay for it. Caught in a very embarrassing situation, I parted with a few bucks and when he offered to give me his address, I politely declined it with thanks. Even after losing a few hundred rupees, I have not learnt a lesson till date, invariably erring on the wrong side only and committing the same mistake time and again, a never ending experience!

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்
Whether the cost has gone up for a gadget
Or a tax is reduced on a particular widget
Even if the effect is just a midget
It causes in everyone a sort of a fidget
And that is the annual budget

பெண் என்றால் பேயும் இரங்கும் /இறங்கும் !!

எனக்கு எப்படித் தெரியும் என்கின்றீர்களா???

penwords பெறாத **** களை வந்த உடனேயே

பெண் words பெற்றது எப்படி??? அப்படி!!! :)

The Yercadu episode:(A true incident)

The toilet was of the western type which most of us were not used to till then and that added to our problems and invariably they were used the wrong way in the Indian style, a risky venture(!) and no one was there to guide us ( and you couldn't expect somebody to guide you on such matters unless you were a child ), nor any one of us were prepared to get our doubts clarified by consulting somebody on such a delicate issue.

The other issue was our meals.

Cooks from our hostel at Coimbatore were drafted for running a mess for us during the period of the project. Even then there were the problems of vegetarians and nonvegetarians and our principal, a retired major from the army who himself was a civil engineer was averse to vegetarianism but since half the students were vegetarians, he yielded to our request to have veg preparations but insisted that there would be only one common mess for all and in the mess every vegetarian should be sandwiched in between nonveg students while eating. I never had an occasion to see nonveg items at close quarters till then and the mere sight of the nonveg preparations so close to me caused severe nausea in me and so I was not able to eat even the very small amount which I normally consumed and the very thought of people eating nonveg sitting by my side caused tantrums in me but I had no other go but to put up with the smell and sight of nonveg dishes.

When I joined engineering, I was weighing ninety four pounds (kg was not in vogue at that time. That came into use from 1958 onwards) and to put on weight some of my friends suggested that I should take eggs. Egged by the desire to improve my weight, which was one of my young days greatest obsession, I started taking eggs, that too raw, unmindful of my mind not accepting it, after eating which I felt so bad the whole day that I couldn't eat my regular food properly, besides feeling guilty. At the end of three months, I found that I had lost two pounds and that was enough for me to bid good bye to eggs. But I was and am a great lover of ice reams and when I was told that icecream contains egg, I satisfied myself with the thought that the egg there was not in any visible form and that it's gelatinous and slimy character was not felt in the ice cream. But even today I prefer ice creams without eggs and in the absence of that, my love for ice cream overpowers the fact that it contains egg. When I had occasions to go to some star hotels in India and the hotels abroad, I always felt a little uneasy when I thought of the fact that there might be every possibility of the nonveg items getting mixed with veg items either directly or indirectly through the utensils and vessels used. I was very orthodox so far as food habits were concerned and I continue to be so till date, whether right or wrong. That is a sort of a mental bug (as some might think) that I still have which I am not able to overcome.

Everyday we had to carry our theodolite and other instruments and trek through the mountain path to reach the hill tops and that was really an uphill task. Going through the coffee estates, the fruit orchards and rose gardens was a thrill and we could have enjoyed it better, but for the weight that we carried on our shoulders daily. We had to return for our lunch at midday and after finishing lunch, continue our survey till evening. It was only in the evening that we had the mind and the time to take bath. The common bath room where hot water was available was located at a distance of half a mile from our dormitory. We used to carry our requirements such as our clothes, soaps and so on to the bath room through a road on which a church was located . We used to meet one reverend father, a very soft spoken nice man who would enquire about the welfare of all of us and whether we faced any difficulties in our stay there and asked us to feel free to ask for anything which we needed. We were so impressed by his kindness and softness that we never missed to salute and talk to him whenever we met him. He used to talk to all the students and enquire about their family welfare and so on and he was very meticulous about it. He was happy to know that most of us were from Christian colleges. So daily he used to meet us one by one and comfort us with his soothing words, asking about the details of the staff in the college, the type of discipline that was maintained and the teaching standard. He would ask us whether we had seen some important spots there in the hill and would suggest that we go and see some important landmarks there such as "the ladies seat" and so on. One day we all decided to go to Salem to see the Tamil picture "Missiamma" that was released just then. After seeing the picture, while we were all returning to our dormitory, we met the reverend father again. He was asking us as to where we had been. We told him that we went to see the picture "Missiamma" and told him that it was a very good comedy picture with lot of wonderful songs. He was eager enough to know the story and we told him the whole story. He was almost moving with us like an elderly friend. We were all moved by this quality of a very revered elderly clergy.

Next evening when we were on our usual trip to the bath room, he called us and said " IF YOU WANT TO GO TO BOMBAY, YOU MUST CATCH THE BOMBAY MAIL AND NOT TRIVANDRUM EXPRESS". We told him in all innocence that we were not going to Bombay and we would be going back only to Coimbatore. But he continued saying that IF YOU WANT TO GO TO A PLACE , YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TICKET FOR THAT PLACE AND A WRONG TICKET COULD NOT LAND YOU THERE AND PROBABLY COULD LAND YOU IN TROUBLE. We were wondering at what he was trying to say. Then he continued saying that IF YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN , YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TICKET WITH YOU. We were now in a position to understand what he was trying to say. Suddenly with a choked voice he said that WHILE ALL OF YOU ARE FROM CHRISTIAN COLLEGES, HOW WAS IT THAT YOU WERE ALL STILL HINDUS and went on saying how benevolent Christ was and how we were missing a great opportunity of going to Heaven by not being Christians and even as he said this, tears were rolling down his cheeks. We have nothing against Christ, we have nothing against Christians, in fact we were all praise for the christian institutions and the sevice they have been rendering towards the cause of education in India. ( Even till date, I have lot of respect for them ). But we were all shell shocked at his open propaganda. Among us there were quite a few nonbelievers too. We didn't know how to react to his statement immediately, but kept mum and went to our rooms seething with disappointment and anger.

A few days later when we were on our way to our dormitory, he again asked us to stop and ponder over what he had said. Not able to put up with this any more, some of us asked him where he was born. He said that he was born at Palayamkottai. And when asked about his age he said he was eighty five. Then all of in a chorus said " FATHER, BEING IN INDIA FOR EIGHTY FIVE LONG YEARS, HOW IS IT THAT YOU ARE STILL A CHRISTIAN AND NOT A HINDU" and that ended the episode and thereafter till we left Yercaud, we didn't meet him.

THOUGH NOT TO HEAVEN, WE WENT BACK TO COIMBATORE TAKING THE RIGHT TICKET AND THE RIGHT BUS IN THE RIGHT ROUTE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS !

Written on my return from London
London
London is the largest of the cities in Europe
A visit to which will make anyone cheer up
London is an ancient city that is Britishers' pride
Attracting visitors from east to west worldwide
Every building has a history to tell
Every memorial has a background to mull
Trafalgar Square is a commemoration Square
Which will make even the worst cynics admire
BigBen is the cynosure of a million eye
To look at which, you have to hold your head high
The London circuses, Manaka cannot find fault with
They are junctions of famous shopping streets causing mirth
Piccadilly circus is an earthly paradise
A global venue for major companies to advertise
Every inch of Central London carries with it the royal touch
Grandeur, thy name is London, which I love very much
In spite of the central city being dense and populous
Tall and imposing buildings and roads make it look fabulous
No use seeing from a distance the ferris wheel, that is London eye;
You must eye London from the London eye, that takes you so high
Best panorama of London that is exhilarating and thrilling
Makes one of your life's desires most fulfilling
Buckingham Palace is simply gorgeous and awesome
Environ around which is really very pleasant and wholesome
Shakespeare, we can't forget you and your theatre
Till English lasts, your name, people will continue to utter
Of all the places, he chose London as his home
He is none other than the detective Sherlock Holmes
Madam Tussauds wax museum is a magic splendour
Seeing which makes both your eyes pop up with wonder.
The many stunning beautiful historic memorials
remind us of the past events that were very real.
"The Hop on and Hop off" buses are a great treat
That makes the visitors' trip to the city very very sweet.
Half of the dense city is full of open spaces and parks,
For which I give London the highest marks.
This credit no other city in the world can take,
pUnique for London, which carries the cake.
If anyone is critical of London's beauty
There must be something wrong with his acuity
There is no one, who doesn't but love London
A historic city, a paradise on earth well done
I love London a lot from the bottom of my heart
Among the cities, it is the smartest of the smart
I leave you London, with a deep sigh
GOODBYE LONDON, GOOD BYE

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்
Don't give a helping hand
Standing in deep waters or on land
For the one sinking in a pond
Or in a bed of quick sand
Without a proper safety band.
Unless you take a careful stand,
In serious trouble, both will land

Laughter is not a waste

It has its own purpose and taste

It is neither a deplorable luxury

Nor an ignoble frivolity

It is essential for our equilibrium

And not as any sort of solatium

For a life healthy and cheerful

Laughter is a remedy that is always useful

It cures both your body and mind

And soothes emotions of every kind

Whatever makes you laugh

That accelerates upward your graph

Is worth seeing and nourishing

And is fit for ever cherishing

Laugh as often as you can

Laugh as long as you can

Laugh as loud as you can

Laugh as much as you can

But never laugh at someone

Or laugh all by yourself alone

My concern
Cultivable lands are converted into sites
Fertility and greeneries go out of sight
Concrete jungles grow dense and tall
Putting people behind an enclosed wall
Space will no more be available for the dead
To think of all this, I really dread

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்

Rarest among the rare

With so many around you to love and care

Your sufferings and shortcomings many others to share

To fight against evils with the spirit and health with dare

And to have the stamina and the will power to bear

What is there for you to whine

When everything with you is fine?

Rarest among the rare

To be born as a human being is rare

Having a fairly good eye sight

Able to learn to read and write

With hearing faculty working well

to hear the sound of a far off bell

Rarest among rare

With two sturdy hands to work

With no need to have any excuse to shirk

With both your legs to stand and run

and physical disabilities next to

none

Rarest among rare

with a mental faculty that is fit and fine

With a memory that will make you shine

You are fortunate enough in fact

to have all your faculties in tact

Rarest among rare

Think of the deaf, the dumb and the blind

And others having mental disorders of many kind

Think of these handicapped and disabled lot

And the young children whose parents they have lost

Water, water, where are you?
Water is an essential commodity
So essential for the community
When in abundance causes flood
Damaging and destroying all that is good
In paucity causes droughts and death
Parching up the entire face of the earth
Resulting in grave instances of famine
And in anaesthetics and insanitation
Water is the lifeline of mankind
The very same water can turn unkind
The water that is so essential for life
Seems to suffer pollution so rife
This pollution is not any imaginary illusion
It seems to defy any plausible solution
Today a clean and safe water has become a myth
The only inorganic substance we take our food with
With abnormal increase in population
There is quantum jump in the degree of pollution
Due to increased human and industrial consumption
Which affects the welfare of the entire nation
Causing diseases that are water borne
Even causing deaths of yet to be born
In scarcity between states and nation
During low spells of precipitation
It causes unwanted feuds and enmity
Causing illwill within each community
It is not the conventional war that will destroy the world
It is this water feud that will replace modern weapons,we are told
The whole world is going to come to a disastrous end
Due to water disputes between countries that won't bend

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்
One who sleeps in the train misses his destination
One who sleeps in the class room loses his education
One who sleeps in the court loses his case
One who sleeps in an elite assembly loses his face
One who sleeps in the exam loses an year
One who sleeps always, loses his cheer
One who sleeps in the theatre misses the picture
One who sleeps during a meeting misses the lecture
One who sleeps during his concert, loses his fife
One who sleeps during driving loses his life
One who sleeps in the battle field loses his battle
One who sleeps while on grazing loses his cattle
One who sleeps during day loses his wealth
One who sleeps over medical advice loses his health
One who sleeps in the bus loses his purse
One who sleeps before a sage invites his curse
One who sleeps in a race, loses his place
One who sleeps during prayer, loses His grace
One who sleeps over his words loses his friend
One who sleeps over practice loses his trend
One who sleeps through life loses himself

பென் (pen) மொழிகள்
Oh my son, Shed fear and be bold,
Courage, at all hours, you better hold:
Saving homeland is your right,
For which, always be prepared to fight.
No one is born with a guarantee for life;
Any time one can die whether young or old.
Our country has a hoary past;
It is our duty to maintain it till the last.
We have no ambition to seize
other Lands and let them for lease;
We will keep our borders in tact;
It is the duty of every indian in fact.
All our differences, let us shed,
To safeguard our land at the cost of our blood;
To save the honour of our motherland,
No need to intrude into other land,
This is the land of Nehru and Gandhi,
We will work for universal Shanthi.
Nonviolence is not a shield for cowardice;
It is a noble creed, which we cherish without prejudice;
This is the land of Bose and Bagat Singh,
Let us nurture courage and bravery, so dance and sing
Over the years millions are born and dead here;
But those who have fought for the country without fear,
Are those who live in its history for ever.
So my son, shed fear and be bold;
Courage, at all hours, you better hold;
Saving homeland is your right;
For this, always be prepared to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back