• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Paternal GrandMother, Tamil Aiyer from UttukuLi near Tiruppur - would like to trace her relations

My GrandMother (1923-2015) Late Thirumati Dharmaammal was lone daughter of Late Thir Tailammal & Venkatramayyar. My Grandfather Late Shri Paalepu Kishtaiah a Telugu Vaidik brahmin from Dharmapuri, Jagtiyal (previously Karimnagar) Dist. Of TelangaNa State.

In 1931, when my GrandMother was 8 years old, she was married at a kanyashulkam of Rs.500/- thinking that my Grandfather was from Dharmapuri near Salem. At that time, TelangaNa state was under the Nizam's State and Uttukuli was part of Madras presidency of British India.

My great grand mother Tailammal was living with her father, Late Thi.Mridangam Vishwanath Aiyer, who was running a small coffee & idli dosa stall in UttukuLi Railway station; evenings he used to play Mridangam in Harikatha consorts.

I remember from the account given by My great Grand mother Tailammal that she had three brothers Sethuraman, Mani and Ramadas. Sethuraman was working as Railway Guard until 1970s, while Mani and Ramadas were carrying out some odd jobs in Madras.

One of my Great Grand Mothers Pinnamma (younger sister of mother) was married to an advocate in Banganapalli (then in Madras presidency, now in Andhra Pradesh).

Now I am posting this story on this platform to see if I could trace any of my these relatives from Tamilnadu.

Latest ads

Back