• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My first Android app Sloka Saagar

I have developed my first Android app with large collection of Popular slokas with zoom in feature to read even by Senior citizens . All the slokas are available in Sanskrit, English, Tamil, kannada, Telugu and Malayalam with meaning in English. Each n every sloka has related youtube link.
Next version will be ready with 5 more indian languages. Please install and give your comments. No Advertisement. Completely free to use. Plain simple interface with voice search facility

I have developed my first Android app with large collection of Popular slokas with zoom in feature to read even by Senior citizens . All the slokas are available in Sanskrit, English, Tamil, kannada, Telugu and Malayalam with meaning in English. Each n every sloka has related youtube link.
Next version will be ready with 5 more indian languages. Please install and give your comments. No Advertisement. Completely free to use. Plain simple interface with voice search facility

Thank you very much. Great gift from you. May God bless you

Great effort. I humbly suggest that you may keep separate sections for Veda Mantras & Slokas to organise it in a better way. In future versions you can update with mp3 of all these slokas & recitals. Also you can keep another section for puja kramas with videos. Thanks a lot!

When we will get in iPhone

Tried this android app. All slokas in many languages with audio and translation. Nicely done. The sound is clear and it also has YouTube link. No advertisement s 👍a very useful effort thankyou

This is brilliant,thank you sir

Today I have downloaded the Sloka Saagar App. It is an excellent compilation and yeoman service for the next generation! Thank you so much!

This is a different kind of service for fellow Brahmins. Appreciate it. I guess that you are an IT professional. So pleased that you are using your creative genius for something so noble. God bless you. My neighbor who is a Maharashtrian does amavasya tarpana on his own using one such app.

May be in the future

1. There will be an app for performing monthly rituals like amavasai tharpanam etc.
2. An entrepreneur may become an aggregator and start an app for booking a Tamil Brahmin Priest. Such a service already exists for North Indians. I think the trend might catch on going forward.

Sorry to say this - TamBrahm priests (most of them) are fleecing us in the name of vydeegam. One priest demanded Rs 5000 from my friend for a 15-minute ritual - that too the ritual was performed as Hiranyagam. Everything has become so commercial that there are rates for every services. So, I feel that the word "sambavanai" needs to be deleted. Vydeegam has become a service. It is a far cry from those days when Balachander showed people paying the vadhyar (S V Subbaiha) 25 paise and 50 paise in "Arangetram". Times have changed. Now it is all about - கிடைக்கிற வரை ஆதாயம் ..

Worse is when some of these priests do not know the right mantras or verses and think that the other end is a moron. I once attended an avani avittam ritual in which the priest was constantly reading out the verses from a smart phone. When we offered him Rs 600/-, he did not offer us the akshadhai or he refused to bless us ... because he wanted Rs. 1000/-.

Sorry for digressing... But your initiative is a step in the right direction. Keep it up.

Our future generations are definitely not going to rely on all these vadhyars. That is for sure. Don't forget - these people are Millennials.

Latest ads

Back