• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Cup of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
To days cup is really interesting ! Ccoffee worries of Narayana!!- I thought Narayans favouite is ksheera! I never found about Coffee in Gita or Gita Govinda inspite of indepth knowlege .Yes you will never because these are the worries of Naraynan of Malgudi and not Thirugurngudi!!

R.K.Narayan's Coffee Worries | uLaaR

To days cup is really interesting ! Ccoffee worries of Narayana!!- I thought Narayans favouite is ksheera! I never found about Coffee in Gita or Gita Govinda inspite of indepth knowlege .Yes you will never because these are the worries of Naraynan of Malgudi and not Thirugurngudi!!

R.K.Narayan's Coffee Worries | uLaaR

thanks. there is another post by him in a travelogue of american visit about coffeemaking. how it is ought to

be made. also talks about how his mother used to prepare coffee.interesting die hard fan of pure

south indian filter coffee

Today it is "Taxing Copy" Remember carbon Paper? This relates to that era! Kores India were big in this business & made big money But the excise dept. had differnt ideas The big money - because they evaded duty on what they made - the carbon Paper and slapped a notice demanding a huge amount! Kores Had to approach the Courts - This is Courts Obervation and they got their relief ! - carbon Paper is not a writing paper on which you write and is inserted between 2 writing papers and gives a copy! You cannot tax carbon paper as per guide lines at that time only writing papers attracted tax! Vodofone Case of yester era!

T

Dear JJ ji,

Why take Coffee everyday?

Today I made this drink for breakfast.

I added one heap tablespoon of Brown Rice Powder.

added 200ml of Unsweetened Almond Milk

added sliced 1 Big Banana

Added a pinch of ginger powder.

Added 3 pods of pounded fresh cardamoms

I blended everything and made a tasty drink that was light yet it never made me hungry for many hours.

Last edited:
Dear JJ ji,

Why take Coffee everyday?

Yes on your advice Coffeee Holidys for 3 days!

To days coffee connects to Kooja the "Thermos " of my great grand mother This was passed on to her daughter then to grand daughter and now with my grand daughter! Heritage of over 100 years In those days Koja filled with Coffe was taken when on Travel Other wise filled with Ganga jal and kept in Pooja Room Now it has no utility value! But is a valued antique tucked in a corner of the drawing room and not place in Pooja room. To day Kooja or Jalra are used with a different meaning!! Roojulu Marayee!!

Todays Cup is about the cup

Months back I spent few days with my G Daughter I was teasing her with few riddles all of us are familiar witht Like Sixty cups six broken what is remqaining? When she said 54 I said it is 0 and she was upset and felt cheated! She wanted to pay me on my own coin. She came after the school next day said I will ask you about a cup not sixty Tell me which side of the cup is the handle? Obvious she has picked this from her class mates. I was blushing I had no answer and she was thrilled! and I was happy that i could delight her with my inablity to answer After coaxing for an hour she said It is OUTSIDE I really shared her excitment & joy over my ignorance! When I spent 2 days last week end I found she has book of Riddles which has abou 2500 entries! A few like this

Why a cow wears bell ? Because her Horns won't work!!i

Dear JJ Ji,

I will ask you another riddle,

What is it that has 2 cups and has no handle.
It can not hold water but yet it can hold matter.

Last edited:
Dear JJ Ji,

Renukaji,

I know the answer But I will not tell. I am not asked. I am a mute witness. LOL.

Dear Renu,

When J J mam was talking about cups, I thought you might post some riddle like this!

BTW, some think that there ARE two handles too! :lol:

There exist some without handles - hi fi models! :thumb:

Dear RR ji,

The answer is OUR EYES.

We have 2 eyes and each eye has a cup called an Optic Cup...so there are 2 cups in our visual apparatus.

It has no handle and cant hold water but holds matter.

Ha Ha Ha..I wonder what cups you an Vaagmi ji were thinking about?LOL

Dear JJ Ji,

It is a bit naughty!! Mycup with handle is Chinaware! your 2 cups seems to be an inner wear! ButI donot know if I can pose this riddle to my G daughter She may blush and call me Naughty Patti!! Worse she may call me Potty!!

Todays cup - is Cup id The Cupid stuck Andal has been singing and longing for her mate all through this month soon to end These are Philosophical Bhakthi Outpouring of Andal of yester years of Aayarpaadi called Pasurams But the aspiration of todays Undool(Name Changed) of Vysarpadi will be different Listen to her! Cupid Stupid or Stupid Cupid!! Pasuram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fink9zQ_4BA

It is a bit naughty!! Mycup with handle is Chinaware! your 2 cups seems to be an inner wear! ButI donot know if I can pose this riddle to my G daughter She may blush and call me Naughty Patti!! Worse she may call me Potty!!

Nope..its not inner wear..the answer is the Humans Eyes.

I had written the answer in the earlier post.

Ok next riddle:

What is it.... It is a 5 lettered word that starts with P and ends with S.

Women never loved it as much in the past but these days modern women love it more and more but conservative women do not really like it even now.

What is it?

Last edited:
Dear RR ji,

The answer to the riddle is simple..let me give a clue..it comes in various sizes and length!

Sample riddle:

What is greater than God,
more evil than the devil,
the poor have it,
the rich need it,
and if you eat it, you'll die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back