• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Multi-faith prayer held

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Pranams,

Copy of News item published in the Hindu dated: 19.01.2014 is shared.

Multi-faith prayer held

The mass at Santhome Basilica was attended by an unusual crowd on Saturday — there were Hindus and Muslims in attending.

It was a special service, held on request from members of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, who observes the 33 anniversary celebrations of Sundaram, a temple dedicated to Sai Baba, in Chennai.

“Even though we spread the message of communal harmony, this is the first time our members (Hindus and Muslims) have experienced one and taken part in a prayer at a church. It was a fulfilling experience,” said Vijayalakshmi, a Bal Vikas guru and member of the Seva Organisation.

Over 700 men and women listened in rapt attention, for nearly half an hour, to the address delivered by Rev. Fr. Don Bosco.

Following this, Muslim men and women from the village of Elavanasur in Ulundurpettai who have been involved in the services of the Seva Organisation for nearly 15 years, had a prayer session in the Sundaram complex.

“We are trying to use the anniversary celebrations to serve mankind and tell society that we are all one,” said N. Ramani, national vice-president of Sathya Sai Trust.

Several activities, including a photo exhibition, cultural programmes, and a video show, have been scheduled for January 18 and 19 as part of the celebrations.

Regards.

Source: Multi-faith prayer held - The Hindu

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this kind of multi-faith prayer possible in Prasanthi Nilayam? I guess none other than those involved in the serveices of the Seva Organization

would have attended such a prayer!! :)

Is this kind of multi-faith prayer possible in Prasanthi Nilayam? I guess none other than those involved in the serveices of the Seva Organization

would have attended such a prayer!! :)

Dear RR ji,

It is nothing new in Prashanti Nilayam.I have attended even Eid celebrations in Prashanti Nilayam.Many a times such multi faith programmes are held which ends with offering of Mangala Arti.

In Puttaparthi the crowd there attends everything and anything.Devotees there are happy to attend anything.No one stages any walk out or rejects any multi faith prayers.

Christmas is super grand there..the western devotees take over fully for that.

Chinese New Year too is grand there with Chinese devotees making Prashanti Nilayam a little China.

It is actually fun to watch everyone join it and have a wonderful cultural exchange.

But once the devotees leave Prashanti Nilayam I am pretty sure some of them might go back to their old ways of differences.

Pranams,

Copy of News item published in the Hindu dated: 19.01.2014 is shared.

Multi-faith prayer held

The mass at Santhome Basilica was attended by an unusual crowd on Saturday — there were Hindus and Muslims in attending.

It was a special service, held on request from members of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, who observes the 33 anniversary celebrations of Sundaram, a temple dedicated to Sai Baba, in Chennai.

“Even though we spread the message of communal harmony, this is the first time our members (Hindus and Muslims) have experienced one and taken part in a prayer at a church. It was a fulfilling experience,” said Vijayalakshmi, a Bal Vikas guru and member of the Seva Organisation.

Over 700 men and women listened in rapt attention, for nearly half an hour, to the address delivered by Rev. Fr. Don Bosco.

Following this, Muslim men and women from the village of Elavanasur in Ulundurpettai who have been involved in the services of the Seva Organisation for nearly 15 years, had a prayer session in the Sundaram complex.

“We are trying to use the anniversary celebrations to serve mankind and tell society that we are all one,” said N. Ramani, national vice-president of Sathya Sai Trust.

Several activities, including a photo exhibition, cultural programmes, and a video show, have been scheduled for January 18 and 19 as part of the celebrations.

Regards.

Source: Multi-faith prayer held - The Hindu

HIndus and Muslims have participated in Special Service in a Church. Did Muslims and Christians participate in a similar service in a Temple; and Hindus and Christians in a Mosque.

It is said that in Prasanthi Nilayam functions relating to all faiths are being celebrated. Does Prasanthi Nilayam a religious place, exclusively for any particular religion?

We must respect all Religions. But, I don't know why people are so emotionally driven and what purpose does it serve.

HIndus and Muslims have participated in Special Service in a Church. Did Muslims and Christians participate in a similar service in a Temple; and Hindus and Christians in a Mosque.

It is said that in Prasanthi Nilayam functions relating to all faiths are being celebrated. Does Prasanthi Nilayam a religious place, exclusively for any particular religion?

We must respect all Religions. But, I don't know why people are so emotionally driven and what purpose does it serve.

Dear Chandru ji,

Believe me...there is nothing that I have not attended.

Its just for the moment everyone has the Vasuidhaiva Kutumbakam feeling.

Once the Multi Faith Congregation is over all differences start again.

The very same people will blow their top if there is an Intercaste or Interreligious marriage in their home.I am no exception!

So you see in the real sense this Interfaith stuff does not really work out..its just for one day everyone is an angel sans wings hoping around here and there..next day everyone becomes a devil!

So just attend anything for fun and no need to think too hard..after all I feel even you are trying hard to unite Brahmins or all sects and Kalais but I dont think thats easy right? So do you think any inter religious unity is possible??

Dear Renu,

I was writing about Prasanthi Nilayam of Sing. Chennai and not the original one. :)

Mam,.

In Sing. Chennai it is 'Sundaram', a
Prashanthi Nilayam away from Prashanthi Nilayam, Puttaburthi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Renu,

I was writing about Prasanthi Nilayam of Sing. Chennai and not the original one. :)

Dear RR ji,

That is not called Prashanti Nilayam..its called Sundaram.

There is nothing holding anyone back to have a Multi Religious event whether they hold it in Sathyam,Shivam or Sundaram.

Sathyam is in Mumbai.

Shivam is in Hyderbad.

Sundaram is in Chennai.

I have not seen the movie, Renu! When I heard the song, I liked it. Those days, Latha was in her peak!! :thumb:

But till today, I consider Susheela's voice THE BEST!
award_star.png

I have not seen the movie, Renu! When I heard the song, I liked it. Those days, Latha was in her peak!! :thumb:

But till today, I consider Susheela's voice THE BEST!
award_star.png

Dear RR ji,

You know when I check the collection of songs in my Media Player every song in my collection..Indian or Western is sung by a male singer!

The songs that have female voices are duets.

To tell you the truth..I am no fan of Latha..I somewhat prefered Asha.

South of India most of the female singers sing at a very high pitch...so no fan there too.South Indian origin singer whom I like is Usha Utup cos of her raw sexy voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back