• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Muktha Srinivasan sends legal notice to Kamal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The magnum opus Nayakan is in the center of conroversy now...What a fabulous movie it was modelled on the late Varadarajan Mudaliar...Why should Kamal speak ill of Muktha 25 years later?

Muktha Srinivasan sends legal notice to Kamal

V Lakshmi, TNN Oct 23, 2012, 12.00AM IST

(Muktha Srinivasan )

Ace producer-director Muktha Srinivasan has sent a legal notice to Kamal Haasan, citing that he was 'deeply hurt' by the tone of an article he had written, commemorating the 25th year celebration of their film, Nayakan.
Mani Ratnam's Nayakan completes 25 years this year and Kamal's article on its making has upset the producer. In the article, the Ulaganayagan mentions how its producer (Muktha Srinivasan) wasn't happy about shooting the film in Mumbai, and how 'films were a business for him' and 'he wasn't interested in films as art'. He also went on to write that 'he wasn't a bad man. He was just from an older school. And he did help at times. I must give him his due'.

Now, Muktha Srinivasan has sent a legal notice to Kamal through his lawyers. He says, "Kamal has given a long write-up about Nayakan, a film which I produced 25 years ago. He has claimed that I was 'tight-fisted' and from an 'old school' in it. He has abused me in his article, and this has deeply hurt me. I've been unable to do my job ever since I read the piece. I don't understand why he has to write about a film that was released long ago. I have been upset for the last couple of days and have lost my peace of mind. I've gone to court, and my lawyers have now sent him a legal notice."

Quiz him if he spoke with Kamal after the article appeared, and he says, "Why should I speak? I am not at fault!"
When contacted, Kamal's spokesperson said that the actor would not comment on the issue.

If one reads the entire article, it is evident that Kamal has indeed made several uncharitable comments about Mukta and not just the ones quoted in your posting.

Kamal seems to have listed these points against Mukta claiming these severely affected Mani Ratnam's efforts to make a much better film of Nayakan than it actually turned out to be.

No wonder that Mukta is offended by Kamal's comments

Are we actually allowed to comment on this since the case is going to court?

Only Lawer notice is issued....But it is better to avoid discussions ..In my opinion..this topic is wate of time as the final outcome will be compromise between the parties..

TVK

sub judice rule: no one should interfere with legal proceedings which are pending.

I have heard subramanyam swamy commenting on this issue - it is not illegal to discuss active cases. Many politicians avoid answering taking shelter under sub judice rule to escape inconvenient questions.

Another oft quoted rule - the accused must be considered innocent till proved guilty is also not accepted by swamy. When the prosecuting lawyer is working hard to establish guilt of accused, how can he think otherwise? Only the judge has to take the neutral stand till all arguments are heard.

Perry mason will question the jurors to establish their neutrality and demand that they are put in hotels without newspapers or television to shield them from external influences. That means newspapers and television were writing and commenting about the progress of the trial.

Trial by tv is very popular and accepted. Where is sub judice?

There will be some development if maniratnam issues a statement denying all said by kamalahasan. Otherwise, the issue will vanish soon.

Are we actually allowed to comment on this since the case is going to court?

Last edited:
this episode reminds the saying
one will feel the pain of the head ache only when it is experienced by himself.
தலைவலியும் காயிச்சலும் தனக்கு வந்தால்தான் தெரியும் நீ அவல் கொண்டுவா நான் உமி கொண்டுவரேன் ஊதி ஊதி சாபிடலாம்
when sri Kamal can drop his own production citing cost ,why not sri Muktha srinivasan ?
i appreciate MS for his frankness (business first and art next ).is Kamal act in film without salary ?
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back