• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mr. N.Ram editor in chief of "The Hindu" resigns the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

Mr.N.Ram, Editor in Chief of "The Hindu" group of publications has resigned and stepped down form his posts on Jan,18,2012 after nine years of holding the top post . Here is his farewell letter to staff available in the following URL:
N. Ram’s farewell letter to The Hindu staff « sans serif

The Hindu’s national bureau chief Siddharth Varadarajan has been appointed editor of the 132-year-old daily. He is the first editor of the paper in nearly five decades who does not belong to the family that runs it.

This is an important event in the annals of Indian Journalism.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Good riddance and 'BYE'! He single handed, in my opinion, has been instrumental in bringing down the prestige of brahmins in the Tamil community, while supposedly promoting their welfare.

He is a Communist, and I have no respect for these type of people who hide behind free market only to subvert it.

Regards,
KRS

Good riddance and 'BYE'! He single handed, in my opinion, has been instrumental in bringing down the prestige of brahmins in the Tamil community, while supposedly promoting their welfare.

He is a Communist, and I have no respect for these type of people who hide behind free market only to subvert it.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri KRS,

Though I may not use strong words, I fully agree with your views. An avowed reader of "The Hindu" from my student days, I stopped my subscription to "The Hindu" soon after Ram took
over the Editor-ship of the paper. His so called (one sided) secularism and (pseudo) leftist
slants irritated many readers like me. Now it is time for the new Editor to weed out the useless idiologues, including the cartoonists and bring back the paper its old reputation.

Regards
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Frontpage ad in delhi edition of the hindu: Vasanthkumar of vasanth and co is following 'sonia devo bhava'.

The Wall Street Journal wrote on Mondayabout the effusive ad that appeared as a full-page on the front of the New Delhi edition of the paper on Jan. 1.The ad, placed by Tamil Nadu businessman and Congress politician H. Vasanthakumar, told Mrs. Gandhi that her followers were “ever at your feet.”

OB-RF306_iHindu_DV_20120102035554.jpg

Frontpage ad in delhi edition of the hindu: Vasanthkumar of vasanth and co is following 'sonia devo bhava'.
Sycophants are not confined to the print media alone. <edtd. KRS>

ps: If only someone can pass this on to the intended recipient(s), since this might succumb to moderation

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sri KRS,

Though I may not use strong words, I fully agree with your views. An avowed reader of "The Hindu" from my student days, I stopped my subscription to "The Hindu" soon after Ram took
over the Editor-ship of the paper. His so called (one sided) secularism and (pseudo) leftist
slants irritated many readers like me. Now it is time for the new Editor to weed out the useless idiologues, including the cartoonists and bring back the paper its old reputation.

Regards
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Sir,

This Siddarth Varadarajan is a stooge of N Ram. I therefore doubt whether your hope will come true.

Will Sonia like the photo of Kamaraj among the pantheon? I am sure Vasanth would have got a dressing down for this offence!

Dear Sir,

This Siddarth Varadarajan is a stooge of N Ram. I therefore doubt whether your hope will come true.

Dear Sri Subbu,

I have no idea about the new Editor of The Hindu. Since I have discontinued reading The Hindu, I have not read his writings also. If The Hindu do not change their contents with the change in their editor, then they will continue to lose their readership.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Unfortunately, ram has used his voting rights as the senior member of the family, and not only thwarted a palace coup couple of years ago, but has ensured that his imprint will remain.

All the new folks are his chelas, and if not reflecting his views, I think, will definitely no tow the old hindu philosophy.

Varadarajan shot to fame in new york, and still might prove a surprise.

I read the hindu e-edition regularly just for the news, and more for the arts coverage, and not for the commentary.

Very recently Hindu Had reproduced what Nakkeeran had printed abusing the CM .Nakkeeran was ordered to apologise and publish in the front page of the next edition.Hindu's lavel had gone down to the extent of taking Nakkeerans abusing article.It is hightime Hindu reestablish its old standard.
Also recently Times of India has started edition fron chennai.In their Advt,they had asked people to wake up from news that makes them sleep (hitting out Hindu).
Oldedngoldendays are gone fort Hindu.It is better Ram quits.Let the new man wake up to the reality.
Alwan

The Wall Street Journal wrote on Mondayabout the effusive ad that appeared as a full-page on the front of the New Delhi edition of the paper on Jan. 1.The ad, placed by Tamil Nadu businessman and Congress politician H. Vasanthakumar, told Mrs. Gandhi that her followers were “ever at your feet.”

OB-RF306_iHindu_DV_20120102035554.jpg

listen, the press need to survive.

and this one is not that bad when compared to times of india's full front page ad of the recent popular 'Volkswagen' ad

the hindu and morning cofee, is all im born and brought up with, and continue to do so. no paper in india, uses such flawless english and i would live to command my children to stick to 'the hindu' come what bad now it is, than compared to the pucca yellow business journalism of 'times of india'.

i love this, im ok even if n.ram, a.ram, or z.ram dons the editorial

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back