• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Movie to share with you

• Thread starter Thread starter BostonSankara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston..i am sure you will like this... Nirvana Shatakam by Adi Shankara

[video=youtube_share;ptlc-QlHuoQ]http://youtu.be/ptlc-QlHuoQ[/video]

Last edited:
Greetings.

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

I went back to my village in 2010. When I went around to meet my friends, my brother went with me. Sadha, ( Sadhasivam) was telling my brother... we use to go to the touring talkies; they used to play only two songs; sometimes, only when we hear the first song, we actually plan to go to the movie....ஏண்டா, ஞாபகம் இருக்கா?..The first song would be on...ஞானப் பழத்தை பிழியும்போதுதான் முடிவே பண்ணுவோம்! then only we would run across the river about one kilometer to get to the movie......

Reminds me my dear friend Sadhasivam. ( I will be meeting him in three weeks time... looking forward... ). Our favourite song......

Gnana Pazhathai Video.wmv - YouTube

( Note - Audio only. I did not notice at the first time. I was closing my eyes, imagining my village, evening with Sadhasivam mudaliyar. I didn't even open my eyes. Only when I checked the link, I noticed it was only the audio...... well, that's what I enjoyed anyways....).
Cheers!

Last edited:
Boston..i am sure you will like this... Nirvana Shatakam by Adi Shankara

[video=youtube_share;ptlc-QlHuoQ]http://youtu.be/ptlc-QlHuoQ[/video]

Sowbagyavathy Renuka,

This picture reminds me 2001. The picture on the right side; minus the trident. When I first recited Rudram, I had a dream; I had Siva and Uma in that dream as shown in that picture minus trident. Of course, no cobra either. He was much more casual; she didn't have the garland. When I saw the picture, I couldn't help but notice the simlarity.

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Renuka,

This picture reminds me 2001. The picture on the right side; minus the trident. When I first recited Rudram, I had a dream; I had Siva and Uma in that dream as shown in that picture minus trident. Of course, no cobra either. He was much more casual; she didn't have the garland. When I saw the picture, I couldn't help but notice the simlarity.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy,

I once had a dream of Lord Shiva and He was white and not blue like what I had known then(long back I was not aware that Lord Shiva was also white).
That dream was some medical related dream and I was also wondering why??only then I realized that Lord Shiva is known as the Divine Physician for the Bhava Roga.

I love this song too. It really is truly awesome. I think my favorite is Pazhramni Appa sung by the woman who plays Saint Auvaiyar. But I really love that woman as an actress and I can almost feel her love of Murugan when she sings. She plays the character of the elder saint so well!

I really love the Tamil language and I almost think it may have been created exclusively for poetry and linguistic play. One of my favorite things about Tamil people and history is their love of and belief in the Tamil language's inherent integrity. Such an interesting aspect to Tamil culture if you ask me. I mean, yes of course we are all proud of our native tongues but Tamils truly adore their linguistic legacy.

I truly love 1960's Indian Devotional Cinema. For anyone interested one of my favorite classic Tamil devotional movies is available on youtube in it's entirety.

Thiruvilayadal

Thiruvilayadal - YouTube

Enjoy! :-D[/QUOTE

Dear Boston,

This is my fav song from that movie:

[video=youtube_share;xg_hBWlR3h0]http://youtu.be/xg_hBWlR3h0[/video]

I love this song too. It really is truly awesome. I think my favorite is Pazhramni Appa sung by the woman who plays Saint Auvaiyar. But I really love that woman as an actress and I can almost feel her love of Murugan when she sings. She plays the character of the elder saint so well!

I really love the Tamil language and I almost think it may have been created exclusively for poetry and linguistic play. One of my favorite things about Tamil people and history is their love of and belief in the Tamil language's inherent integrity. Such an interesting aspect to Tamil culture if you ask me. I mean, yes of course we are all proud of our native tongues but Tamils truly adore their linguistic legacy.

Tamil is a beautiful language for expressing the emotions - be it dharma (nIdhi) or love or courage or warriorship and kingly pride. The role of actor Shivaji in the promotion of such tamil (that represents our tamil kings, poets and freedom-fighters) is commendable.

RAJA RANI SIVAJIGANESAN DIALOGUE - YouTube
Sivaji Ganesan acting. - YouTube
Kattabomman's Veeravasanam - YouTube
Kattabomman's conversation with Jackson Thurai - YouTube [the superb one! ]

and more to add to the glory...but no time..

Last edited:
I have been listening to classical music videos in youtube and posting regularly in the Music and Dance thread, in this forum.

But so far I was not aware that complete movies are presented in youtube. I browse TamilO.com for viewing movies.
Thanks to Boston Sankara for the link. I find many nice movies loaded in youtube. :ranger:

All languages have their rhymes, beauty and sweetness.

We are able to say "Tamizh amizhthu because we understand it very well.

If we have equal proficiency in the other languages

we can enjoy their beauty and call them as

"Hindi the honey", English the nectar" and "Sanskrit the sugar.
"

Shri Sankara,

That venerable lady is (was) K.B. Sundarambal. A legend by her own divinely gifted voice and devotion to God.

She, it seems, was spotted as a small girl singing and begging in a running train by a Drama Company owner who took her to his company. Soon her voice and music which could reverberate through the entire hall/maidan (in those days without mike and loudspeakers) became a rage of the people. The other legend Shri S.G. Kittappa and Sundarambal formed a very famous pair and the story goes that there was platonic love between the two.

After the demise of SGK, Sundarambal voluntarily assumed the widow's attire of white. She was paid Rs. 1 lakh (the maximum till that date) for her avvaiyar role.

And we will not get such extraordinary persons just easily.

Dear Mr. Sangom,

I am happy to see you back in the forum - where you BELONG! :happy:

Your absence proved to be so much heavier than your presence! :confused:

I am sure everyone missed you and your posts! :pout:

with warm regards, :pray2:
Mrs. V. R.

Dear Sri BostonSankara Ji,

The actress is Srimathi Sundarambal, whose voice was legendary. She is singing 'Pazham Nee Appa', meaning, 'you are a fruit', not to be confused with the current definition of that term in the west! :).

Regards,
KRS

The actress is Srimathi Sundarambal, whose voice was legendary. She is singing 'Pazham Nee Appa', meaning, 'you are a fruit', not to be confused with the current definition of that term in the west! :).

Regards,
KRS

What might that be - I have no idea! :confused:

Dear Sri KRS Ji,

Thanks for the translation! I guess I wasn't too far off... I had translated it in my head to mean "You are the Father of Wisdom (fruit)" as a plear for him to return to his parents but I have clearly misunderstood "appaa" in this sense!
The older Tamil seems closer to the Tamil I read. More current spoken Tamil is quite dificult to translate into the lessons I have learned from written Tamil! It may be confusing but learning Tamil is certainly fun for me!

-
Sankara

Regards,
KRS

'Google translate' software gives a funny meaning:
பழம் நீ அப்பா = You are old father!!
:pound:
Check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back