• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mixed reactions to SC verdict on made snana

Status
Not open for further replies.
A verdict wholeheartedly welcomed by pejawar seer, but the other group is not happy!

MANGALORE, September 27, 2014

"Activists on both sides of the debate expressed mixed feelings about the Supreme Court vacating its stay on the State government’s proposal to modify the controversial made snana ritual. In effect, instead of rolling over plantain leaves containing leftovers of food eaten by Brahmins, devotees can possibly take part in the ede snana where they roll over food “offered to the deity” at Kukke Subramanya temple."

"
While the decision has been “whole-heartedly” welcomed by the Pejawar seer of Udupi, who had suggested the modification as a “compromise”, activists who opposed the rituals said they will continue their campaign against “blind beliefs”.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/mixed-reactions-to-sc-verdict-on-made-snana/article6450305.ece?utm_source=MostPopular&utm_medium=Karnataka&utm_campaign=WidgetPromo

There should not be any compromise for stupidity even in the case of religious faiths. The court should have ruled in favor of health consideration, that rolling on food can cause disease, and should be banned. But this compromise is 10 times better than the current practice.

This rolling is supposed to cure diseases, so claim the devotees who are doctors, lawyers and other professionals. Some NRIs have become wise as seen in madison square. Freedom of expression, speech and act are reserved only for humanists, modernists and nihilists. Poor natives who believe in a comprehensive body/mind/intellect philosophy and way of life have to accept what is forced down their throats by communists and black shirts.

are we in 21st century?

why should anyone roll over food in the first place?

there are limits to stupid beliefs.

are we in 21st century?

why should anyone roll over food in the first place?

there are limits to stupid beliefs.
I have said the same thing in earlier post in this thread and on another thread. Some foolish beliefs should be condemned by sane people instead of being encourages by some ....s here.

It should have been banned by the government, judiciary and all sane people.

It should have been banned by the government, judiciary and all sane people.

True humanist, fighter for individual freedom, 'I am right, rest are wrong' mind set; no place for this kind of .... in bhararatavarsh.

When it comes to personal beliefs like this..I know I wont subscribe to it..but since it does not cause morbidity or mortality..I leave it to the individual to decide for themselves.

Whether its cures a person or not that I have no comments.Sometimes we have no idea how any disease can be cured.

So whether one rolls in gold or rolls on eaten food..as long it cures them let anyone roll.

When it comes to personal beliefs like this..I know I wont subscribe to it..but since it does not cause morbidity or mortality..I leave it to the individual to decide for themselves.
Whether its cures a person or not that I have no comments.Sometimes we have no idea how any disease can be cured.
So whether one rolls in gold or rolls on eaten food..as long it cures them let anyone roll.

I agree. Without a doubt, it gets personal, on the off chance, that we meddle in someone's moving on whatever and one shouldn't intrude with.

On the other hand, if one doesn't remark or censure such things, it chomps back the "normal" ones. Aren't we squandering tax money on court hence? This expense could be utilized somewhere else for some better reason.

Subsequently I would back reprimanding, with the expectation that atleast a minuscule of criticisms are taken by those people for some careful consideration. This would be far better than be passive observers which gives a positive connotation for the individuals involved.

I agree. Without a doubt, it gets personal, on the off chance, that we meddle in someone's moving on whatever and one shouldn't intrude with.

On the other hand, if one doesn't remark or censure such things, it chomps back the "normal" ones. Aren't we squandering tax money on court hence? This expense could be utilized somewhere else for some better reason.

Then its better to have a Panchayat style under a tree court with a near by tea stall and let the Natamai decide!LOL

Dear Krish ji,

I can safely tell you..if there is USD 1 million worth of cold coins even in a septic tank..enough people would dive in.

It all depends on the desire of the person.

Let it be.

Last edited:
The mindset of people have to change. Here again in this forum, everyone want law to take care of everything... It doesn't work that way - there are innumerable instances where courts decide but down the line it never gets implemented. This is one mad practice and no one who introduced it or started it ( even the petitioners not stating how long this practice is going on). The moot question is : Are brahmins involved in this act ? Is the temple run by brahmins ? Did the courts looked into why only skin disease of lower caste disappear ? The better and earlier way for the courts is to prohibit eating inside temple premises !!! Interestingly everyone thinks the Judges are ultimate gods - and this trend is dangerous... Somewhere sense should prevail and the temple itself should prohibit eating inside the temple premises - matter will rest there rather than getting involved with the belief, logics and law...

Dear Krish ji,

I can safely tell you..if there is USD 1 million worth of cold coins even in a septic tank..enough people would dive in.

It all depends on the desire of the person.

Let it be.
the best way to tackle desire is to yield to it.

a human who fulfills all his desires [ do such exist ?] is a blessed humanbeing

how is it possible? Renukaji and neutrality. Turning over a new leaf. Keep it up.lol

This Made Snana story was also in forum some last year I think.

You can look it up if you want..even then I was neutral.

You see as a doctor I see patients who have some incurable state that would go to any extent for a cure.

So I feel we can't deny the desire of someone who hopes for a cure if we cant cure them.

That is why I am neutral on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back