• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Men more likely to gossip than women - survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men more likely to gossip than women - survey

(Hi Guys, for change ,to appease Women members here, here is a post .

Hope they will extend the Truce time and give us the FULL BENEFITS they promised!!!)

Forget the assumption that women are the biggest gossips - a new survey out today concludes men are by far the worst culprits.

A fifth of those asked said they spent at least three hours a day gossiping - mainly at work - with the main topics
including women colleagues and who is in line for promotion.

One in 10 men like to dish the dirt on other people, compared with 4% of women, while more men than women are guilty of spreading rumours, according to the poll.

Some 55% of men said they gossiped at work, compared with 46% of women whose top topics were family feuds, followed by the latest storyline in EastEnders, old school friends, fashion errors and what neighbours are like.

Among men the favourite subject is old school friends, then the sexiest girl at work, promotions, salaries, and finally their best friend's conquest, the survey found.

At home, 17% of men confess they were more interested in pillow talk than sex, with only 10% of women saying the same. However, a fifth of girlfriends and wives said they preferred to gossip with a mate than their partner.

The poll of 1,033 adults conducted last month across the country.

It was carried out by BMRB Research on behalf of BT's new Buzz-In facility, which allows up to 20 people to talk with one another on the same line at the same time.

David Sales, director of BT Conferencing, said: "Our research shows that, as a nation, we're fascinated with gossip, whether it's about work, our love lives or the latest soap.

"Yet it's men who are more likely to gossip the day away, dispelling the myth that women are the only ones who like to spend hours chin wagging."

Last edited:
: Men more likely to gossip than women - survey

Dear Sri Padmanabhan,

"An idle mind is the devil's workshop" goes the saying. Mind cannot be idle without thoughts. Its always busy.
If the mind is vacant "Gossip - the devil" occupies.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

vgane Sir

this is testing time for all MEN; Stand together, we will fight to win.. where is Krish Sir ?

Still doing Shiv Rathiri ????

It depends whether we are extending the truce period or not depending upon the FULL BENEFITS we receive from your Army Chief!!

She is absconding today!!

PJ sir,

I was right here the whole day busy in the Men thread.I told RR ji not to fall for this thread of you suddenly claiming that men gossip.

I was right surely...its all drama by you!LOL

So far no male from Forum has qualified for full benefits list yet cos no one has offered to join the female side...so the war in still on!

PJ sir,

I was right here the whole day busy in the Men thread.I told RR ji not to fall for this thread of you suddenly claiming that men gossip.

I was right surely...its all drama by you!LOL

So far no male from Forum has qualified for full benefits list yet cos no one has offered to join the female side...so the war in still on!
renukaji is faking it
she was busy looking for the lizard .or is it for PJ sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back