• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Meet the 28-year-old who’s visited every country on a shoestring budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

[FONT=&quot]He has witnessed Syria’s trauma, breathed in the salty air at Maldivian beaches, bathed in the culture of India, and trekked through the rustic South African countryside on a shoestring budget.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Henrik Jeppesen can boast of what many have only dreamt of accomplishing. At 28, he has travelled to all the 193 countries in the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Dane began his odyssey at the age of 17, with a visit to Egypt. There’s been no looking back since then. He began to travel full-time in 2010, as cheaply as he could, documenting the journey on his blog and social media profiles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the road for around 3,000 days, Jeppesen spent an estimated $80,000 (Rs 54,484,64) on his journey – which breaks down to around $25 (Rs 1,702) a day. While he spent nothing on some days, he shelled out $100 for a visa on others.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Through the course of his travels, Jeppesen flew over 900 times on 200 different airlines, stayed at more than 1,000 hotels and used up nine passports before finally completing his mission at Eritrea in 2016 – three days before his 28th birthday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The blogger, who was inspired by travel shows at the age of 13, had initially planned on visiting 50 countries. The number soon rose to 100, and as Jeppesen grew increasingly comfortable with travelling, he decided to clock them all.

------------------------------------------------------------------Though it’s been over six months since he returned home to Denmark, Jeppesen refuses to keep his wanderlust in check. Has he checked everything off his bucket list? No. A public speaker, blogger and social media influencer, Jeppesen’s next goal is to visit every territory in the world. So far, he has visited 96 of the 132 recognised territories in the world. The travel-blogger hopes to undertake an in-depth exploration of America next year, and check off all its 50 states. You can follow his progress here.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/trave...ring-budget/story-QI63jIFZwDTbLFnpFzDx8I.html

I suppose his achievement is also due to his genes, and not his individual desire, and commitment.[/FONT]

There are some people, of all ages who love to somehow travel from place to place with minimal expenditure.
In 2015 when my children and I backpacked through mountains and terrains of some countries in South America we came across people of all ages spending months doing this. Our problem was not managing in a shoe-string budget, but in finding reasonable vegetarian food while assuring safety during travel.

What I heard in talking to some of them at length is that some of these people seem to bump into each other during the course of their travel spanning years. There was a certain courage and detached sense evident that was actually inspiring but they also seemed just meaningless to me in their travel taking pictures and videos, writing blogs.

All in all, they were all nice and curious about the world. Personally after 2+ weeks I could not stand the idea of more travel or climb other mountains (lbeyond Machu Pichu) or trek through places. Home always seemed to be the most welcome place.

Some people are just wired differently to travel, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back