• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Meera Vs Andaal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Stories of Andal and Meera. Both of them are really so pure and displayed height of Bhakthi to Lord. Both of them wanted to marry Himself and both were born in Kaliyuga only.

But if you see Andal married as she wanted the Lord in Srirangam, whereas for Meera almighty did not fullfill her dream to marry, rather she married a mortal king!

Forgetting the mythological stories that Andal was actually Mahalakshmi herself etc, thinnking purely from a Human Emotions angle, is that not Injustice done to Meera? Because even Andal did not realise she is incarnation of Thayar and so she lived only as per human emotions and feelings.

Can anybody with good knowledge and authority provide you views, analysis on comparing the two tales?

I heard Stories of Andal and Meera. Both of them are really so pure and displayed height of Bhakthi to Lord. Both of them wanted to marry Himself and both were born in Kaliyuga only.

But if you see Andal married as she wanted the Lord in Srirangam, whereas for Meera almighty did not fullfill her dream to marry, rather she married a mortal king!

Forgetting the mythological stories that Andal was actually Mahalakshmi herself etc, thinnking purely from a Human Emotions angle, is that not Injustice done to Meera? Because even Andal did not realise she is incarnation of Thayar and so she lived only as per human emotions and feelings.

Can anybody with good knowledge and authority provide you views, analysis on comparing the two tales?
hi sundaran,
i like the topic.......even i was thinking the same topic for a long time..
i can give more evidences in this topic.......becoz only Andal the only
woman alwar in vaishnaavism.....both are narayana/krishna premi...
a lot of commonalities/ dissemilarities...but both are top on krishna
bakthi among woman vaishnava bhaktas....

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back