• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Meaning in Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Smt. Raji Ram,

Really?! I hope to see them at temple at some point! What a small world!

-
Sankara

Dear Sankara,

No need to apologize. I love Boston, because my son lives there with his dear wife and darling daughter!

Best wishes...........

Namaskarams,

Mami, Please Kochikathingo. Unga Wordsla Kopa kanal Therikkarathu.

In this forum some people may be there who are not familiar with the alphabets of Sanskrit. For the sake of those friends, we may introduce new method of writing the sanskrit slokas, like if you write "Mukham" in tamil Mu (Tamil alphabet) and for 'kha' use English word and "M" again in tamil. Thus we can solve the language problem. Can I have your views over this?

Anbudan,
Raaghavan

.......... we may introduce new method of writing the sanskrit slokas, like if you write "Mukham" in tamil Mu (Tamil alphabet) and for 'kha' use English word and "M" again in tamil. Thus we can solve the language problem. Can I have your views over this?,,,,,,,
நான் மணிப்ரவாள மொழி பற்றிக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். இது என்ன சார், மணிப்ரவாள எழுத்தா? தமிழ் மட்டும் படிக்கத்

தெரிந்தவர்களுக்காக எழுதுவதே தமிழில் ஸ்லோகங்கள். kha வைப்
படிக்கத் தெரிந்தவர்கள் mu வைப் படிக்க
மாட்டார்களா? முழுதும் ஆங்கிலத்திலே அவர்கள் படிப்பார்களே!
:ranger:

Last edited:
Naan maninibravaala mohrhi patrik..... good god I cant wait till I can not only READ but understand!!!!! ugh.... Keep posting in Tamizh, all of you, it only inspires me to learn!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am reminded of my school days. Our Hindi teacher was a very kind lady. She was teaching Hindi alphabets.

She wrote on the black board '
का, खा, गा, घ' and read it out. Each student was asked to repeat the four letters.

Lo and behold! Some of them pronounced all the letters as 'ka' and the ka, ka, ka, ka, sound drove our teacher crazy!
:twitch:

Naan maninibravaala mohrhi patrik..... good god I cant wait till I can not only READ but understand!!!!! ugh.... Keep posting in Tamixh, all of you, it only inspires me to learn!!!!!
Dear Sankara,

'ManipravALa' is adding words from other languages to the language in which the verse is written. We use it in a lot of Carnatic

songs. For example: 'ThAyE Thripura Sundhari Uma MahEshwari ShyAmaLa soundhari thALiNai malarE saraNam' is a Tamil song.

ThAyE means mother, a way to address any Goddess.

thaLiNai malarE means your feet which are flowers.

You will easily notice that all other words are from Sanskrit.

Keep learning........ Best wishes. :)

Hahahhaha! That's a wonderful story Smt. Raji Ram! Maybe only because I learned Devanagri first but I can TOTALLY see a person who only knew Tamil saying that! :)

Dear Smt. Raji Ram,

Thank you so much for the kind lesson.

Sincerely,
Sankara

Dear Sankara,

'ManipravALa' is adding words from other languages to the language in which the verse is written. We use it in a lot of Carnatic

songs. For example: 'ThAyE Thripura Sundhari Uma MahEshwari ShyAmaLa soundhari thALiNai malarE saraNam' is a Tamil song.

ThAyE means mother, a way to address any Goddess.

thaLiNai malarE means your feet which are flowers.

You will easily notice that all other words are from Sanskrit.

Keep learning........ Best wishes. :)

neo manipravalam:

Greeshmakale ten taplaha ek tataka to another tataka thathi thathi chellaka!

In summer (samskrit) ten (eng) frogs (tamil-sam) one (hindi) pond (sam) to another (eng) tataka (sam) hop hop (tamil) went.

I take no responsibility for the original or the translation!!

Namaskarams,

In this forum some people may be there who are not familiar with the alphabets of Sanskrit. For the sake of those friends, we may introduce new method of writing the sanskrit slokas, like if you write "Mukham" in tamil Mu (Tamil alphabet) and for 'kha' use English word and "M" again in tamil. Thus we can solve the language problem. Can I have your views over this?

Anbudan,
Raaghavan

And we can save the trouble of transliterating Tamil words in

parts - which will more tiring than transliterating whole words

(since the P. C. will recognize the full words at least!) :smash:

நான் மணிப்ரவாள மொழி பற்றிக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். இது என்ன சார், மணிப்ரவாள எழுத்தா? தமிழ் மட்டும் படிக்கத்

தெரிந்தவர்களுக்காக எழுதுவதே தமிழில் ஸ்லோகங்கள். kha வைப் படிக்கச் செறிந்தவர்கள்
mu வைப் படிக்க
மாட்டார்களா? முழுதும் ஆங்கிலத்திலே அவர்கள் படிப்பார்களே! :ranger:

கொக்கு தலையில் வெண்ணையை வைத்துப் பிடிப்பவர்கள் பிடிக்கலாம்! :rolleyes:

நான் அதற்குத் தயார் இல்லை. :nono:

ஒரு முறை transliteration செய்து பார்த்தவரால் :typing:

இப்படி மஹா ஐடியாக்களை உதிர்க்க முடியாது என்பது திண்ணம் :high5:

Namaskarams,

Anbudan,
Raaghavan

சக்கக பறஞ்ஞூ :clap2: என்னோட சோடி சிஸ்டர்! :dizzy:

(Telugu + Malayalam + Tamil + Hindi + English) :wacko:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back