• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mass Movement - :)

• Thread starter Thread starter nachi naga
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nachi naga

Forward this message to all......... .........
Latest update after Swiss Bank has agreed to disclose the funds&.

Our Indians' Money - 70, 00,000 Crores Rupees In Swiss Bank

1) Yes, 70 lakhs crores rupees of India are lying in Switzerland banks. This is the highest amount lying outside any country, from amongst 180 countries of the world, as if India is the champion of Black Money.

2) Swiss Government has officially written to Indian Government that they are willing to inform the details of holders of 70 lakh crore rupees in their Banks, if Indian Government officially asks them.

3) On 22-5-08, this news has already been published in The Times of India and other Newspapers based on Swiss Government's official letter to Indian Government.

4) But the Indian Government has not sent any official enquiry to Switzerland for details of money which has been sent outside India between 1947 to 2008.. The opposition party is also equally not interested in doing so because most of the amount is owned by politicians and it is every Indian's money.

5) This money belongs to our country. From these funds we can repay 13 times of our country's foreign debt. The interest alone can take care of the Center s yearly budget. People need not pay any taxes and we can pay Rs. 1 lakh to each of 45 crore poor families.

6) Let us imagine, if Swiss Bank is holding Rs. 70 lakh Crores, then how much money is lying in other 69 Banks? How much they have deprived the Indian people? Just think, if the Account holder dies, the bank becomes the owner of the funds in his account.

7) Are these people totally ignorant about the philosophy of Karma? What will this ill-gotten wealth do to them and their families when they own/use such money, generated out of corruption and exploitation?

8) Indian people have read and have known about these facts. But the helpless people have neither time nor inclination to do anything in the matter. This is like "a new freedom struggle" and we will have to fight this.

9) This money is the result of our sweat and blood.. The wealth generated and earned after putting in lots of mental and physical efforts by Indian people must be brought back to our country.

10) As a service to our motherland and your contribution to this struggle,please circulate at least 10 copies of this note amongst your friends and relatives and convert it into a mass movement.

Kasab, Headley and now Madhuri....will they be served the justice they deserve...and in time?... read on and introspect

Remember the guy who got on a plane with a bomb built into his shoe and tried to light it?

Did you know his trial is over?
Did you know he was sentenced?
Did you see/hear any of the judge's comments on TV or Radio?

Didn't think so. A few people do know about it !!!

Everyone should hear what the judge had to say.

Ruling by Judge William Young, US District Court.

Prior to sentencing, the Judge asked the defendant if he had anything to say. His response: After admitting his guilt to the court for the record, Reid also admitted his 'allegiance to Osama bin Laden, to Islam, and to the religion of Allah,' defiantly stating, 'I think I will not apologize for my actions,' and told the court 'I am at war with your country.'

Judge Young then delivered the statement quoted below:

January 30, 2003, United States vs. Reid.

Judge Young: 'Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to the sentence the Court imposes upon you.

'On counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison in the custody of the United States Attorney General. On counts 2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutively. (That's 80 years.)

'On count 8 the Court sentences you to the mandatory 30 years again, to be served consecutively to the 80 years just imposed. The Court imposes upon you for each of the eight counts a fine of $250,000 that's an aggregate fine of $2 million. The Court accepts the government's recommendation with respect to restitution and orders restitution in the amount of $298.17 to Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines.

'The Court imposes upon you an $800 special assessment. The Court imposes upon you five years supervised release simply because the law requires it.. But the life sentences are real life sentences so I need go no further.

'This is the sentence that is provided for by our statutes. It is a fair and just sentence. It is a righteous sentence.

'Now, let me explain this to you. We are not afraid of you or any of your terrorist co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We have been through the fire before. There is too much war talk here and I say that to everyone with the utmost respect. Here in this court, we deal with individuals as individuals and care for individuals as individuals. As human beings, we reach out for justice.

'You are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that reference, to call you a soldier, gives you far too much stature. Whether the officers of government do it or your attorney does it, or if you think you are a soldier, you are not ----- you are a terrorist. And we do not negotiate with terrorists. We do not meet with terrorists. We do not sign documents with terrorists. We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice.

'So war talk is way out of line in this court. You are a big fellow But you are not that big. You're no warrior. I've known warriors. You are a terrorist. A species of criminal that is guilty of multiple attempted murders. In a very real sense, State Trooper Santiago had it right when you first were taken off that plane and into custody and you wondered where the press and the TV crews were, and he said: 'You're no big deal.'

'You are no big deal.

'What your able counsel and what the equally able United States attorneys have grappled with and what I have as honestly as I know how tried to grapple with, is why you did something so horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom today?

'I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty and admit you are guilty of doing? And, I have an answer for you. It may not satisfy you, but as I search this entire record, it comes as close to understanding as I know.

'It seems to me you hate the one thing that to us is most precious. You hate our freedom.. Our individual freedom. Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to believe or not believe as we individually choose. Here, in this society, the very wind carries freedom. It carries it everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful courtroom, so that everyone can see, truly see, that justice is administered fairly, individually, and discretely. It is for freedom's sake that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf, have filed appeals, will go on in their representation of you before other judges.

'We Americans are all about freedom. Because we all know that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties. Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will bear any burden; pay any price, to Preserve our freedoms. Look around this courtroom Mark it well. The world is not going to long remember what you or I say here. The day after tomorrow, it will be forgotten, but this, however, will long endure.

'Here in this courtroom and courtrooms all across America , the American people will gather to see that justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual justice is in fact being done. The very President of the United States through his officers will have to come into courtrooms and lay out evidence on which specific matters can be judged and juries of citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidence democratically, to mold and shape and refine our sense of justice.

'See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States of America . That flag will fly there long after this is all forgotten. That flag Stands for freedom. And it always will.

'Mr. Custody Officer. Stand him down.'

So, how much of this Judge's comments did we hear on our TV sets? We need more judges like Judge Young. Pass this around. Everyone should and needs to hear what this fine judge had to say. Powerful words that strike home.

Please SEND this on ---- so that everyone has a chance to read it -----

...So, how much of this Judge's comments did we hear on our TV sets? We need more judges like Judge Young. Pass this around. Everyone should and needs to hear what this fine judge had to say. Powerful words that strike home.

Please SEND this on ---- so that everyone has a chance to read it -----
Dear NN,

The judgement is so elating to read and I agree with you that we don't know what will happen to Kasab, etc. Unfortunately, the freedom concept of the US Americans has gone overboard and in response to Reid's hunger strike ("niraharasatyagraha", Gandhi model, I suppose) the authorities have allowed him to communicate with his family members and there is a justified fear that through 'coded' communications, he can incite further terrorist acts in future, See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid_(shoe_bomber)

Experts wary of 'shoe bomber' communication with family - CNN.com

As for Hedley, I am not sure whether he will be treated the same way as Reid was; things about him are sort of shrouded in mystery!

Last edited:
They hate our freedom

..... Unfortunately, the freedom concept of the US Americans has gone overboard

Dear Shri sangom, Greetings!

I am not quite sure what you mean by the above, I gather you are concerned that the Americans, in the name of freedom, may make it easy for people like Richard Reid to carry out attacks. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

I think the freedom thing is just rhetoric. It lets people like this judge and others feel good about themselves and allow them some jingoistic chest pounding. Obama, when he was a Senator was very critical of Bush's war policies. He said we can fight the "terrorists" without compromising our values. His very first official act after taking the oath of office as the President of USA was to order the closing of Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

But, since then, he has embraced each and every Bush policy, from dithering on closing Gitmo, extraordinary rendition, denial of Habeas corpus rights, indefinite detention without trials, etc.

Obama has even gone further than Bush. They have successfully argued that they can detain anybody they suspect anywhere in the world, without any judicial review, then transport them to Afghanistan to be held without access to anybody, and treat them in anyway they want, and the detainees have no rights. Even the fundamental of rights, namely Habeas corpus review, is denied. What kind of freedom loving country does this? Prisoners detained in war zone is one thing, but anyone detained elsewhere, but transported to war zone for the express purpose of denying access to any kind of review is Stalinist in principle.

This is not all, Obama administration has claimed the right to assassinate even US citizens, their own citizens, without due process, if they suspect them to be engaging in terrorist activities. They are talking about targeted assassination, not in the heat of battle - things like missiles sent down from a drone into a building where they suspect the target to be and in the process kill everyone who happen to be there including women and children. All this, without any judicial review at all.

The list is actually very long.

So, the notion that individual freedom rules in the US is a useful myth to keep the population sidetracked.

But, in a more fundamental level, this often cited refrain that they hate us for our freedoms is nothing but a drug the politicians feed to the masses to keep them from understanding the truth. The reasons for the terrorist attacks are very clear. The attackers are not at all secretive. Here is what the most recent, thankfully failed, attacker Faisal Shahzad said during his trial.
If the United States does not get out of Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries controlled by Muslims we will be attacking U.S.
The Judge asked him why he did not care about civilians who may die. Shahzad replied the people elect the government. This is the same reason Israel has given to punish the Gazans with the blockade, because they elected Hamas. The Judge said the dead would include children who did not elect anybody. Shahzad's reply was, many women, children, and other civilians have died as a result of drone/air attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq. He also said that Americans only care about their people, but they don't care about the people elsewhere in the world when they die.

The attacks are not fueled by a hatred for our "freedoms", whatever those freedoms may be. The reasons are very clear, they don't want their land occupied by the US and other forces.

I condemn their tactics with every fiber of my being, but it is foolhardy on our part to just ignore the actual reasons they are themselves giving for these attacks, and then propagate this myth about freedoms.

Cheers!

Dear Shri sangom, Greetings!

I am not quite sure what you mean by the above, I gather you are concerned that the Americans, in the name of freedom, may make it easy for people like Richard Reid to carry out attacks. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

I think the freedom thing is just rhetoric. It lets people like this judge and others feel good about themselves and allow them some jingoistic chest pounding. Obama, when he was a Senator was very critical of Bush's war policies. He said we can fight the "terrorists" without compromising our values. His very first official act after taking the oath of office as the President of USA was to order the closing of Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

The list is actually very long.

So, the notion that individual freedom rules in the US is a useful myth to keep the population sidetracked.

But, in a more fundamental level, this often cited refrain that they hate us for our freedoms is nothing but a drug the politicians feed to the masses to keep them from understanding the truth. The reasons for the terrorist attacks are very clear. The attackers are not at all secretive. Here is what the most recent, thankfully failed, attacker Faisal Shahzad said during his trial.
If the United States does not get out of Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries controlled by Muslims we will be attacking U.S.
The Judge asked him why he did not care about civilians who may die. Shahzad replied the people elect the government. This is the same reason Israel has given to punish the Gazans with the blockade, because they elected Hamas. The Judge said the dead would include children who did not elect anybody. Shahzad's reply was, many women, children, and other civilians have died as a result of drone/air attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq. He also said that Americans only care about their people, but they don't care about the people elsewhere in the world when they die.

The attacks are not fueled by a hatred for our "freedoms", whatever those freedoms may be. The reasons are very clear, they don't want their land occupied by the US and other forces.

I condemn their tactics with every fiber of my being, but it is foolhardy on our part to just ignore the actual reasons they are themselves giving for these attacks, and then propagate this myth about freedoms.

Cheers!
Dear Nara,

Your presumption is right. Your narration of American stand on freedom and terrorism is absolutely brilliant. I am the richer for having read it.

Thank you.

nara,

while i love reading your post,as its filled with true american idealism.all these things have changed owing 9/11 incident.true to his mental conditioning,president bush took action,which every american even today support it.president is faultless,as he is keeping the larger interest of americans at heart.while i anguish,lives being lost,its important to understand,that the nation is at war,and its imperative that every american understands this.the mission is to close terrorism from afghanistan,which can happen only if pakistan cooperates with americans.president musharaff played a double game,and pakistanis today are winning despite political democracy prevailing there.americans have been check mated by pakistanis,is very evident to me,but then i am a lone voice in wilderness.never knew pakistanis are so smart to outsmart americans in this afghanistan quagmire.history shows us,none have beaten these rag tag warriors in afghanistan.but hey,the troops are coming back as the surge is not making any headway thus far.keeping my fingers crossed,as americans are known as super warriors themselves,dunno if they met their waterloo in afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back