• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage Invitation - Another Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLN

Dear all,

I have already uploaded my son's marriage invitation in the unlikely thread: Amavasai Tharpnam and many friends have sent their best wishes. Now, my son, who is an Art Director in the advertising field, has created his own, or rather, his and her own invitation, which I am attaching here.

Attachments

• A & A.gif
    A & A.gif
    35.2 KB · Views: 240
Dear all,

I have already uploaded my son's marriage invitation in the unlikely thread: Amavasai Tharpnam and many friends have sent their best wishes. Now, my son, who is an Art Director in the advertising field, has created his own, or rather, his and her own invitation, which I am attaching here.

Excellent, CLN! Convey my appreciation and blessings to your son.

Dear all,

Dear Sri CLN,

Thanks for posting the beautiful Invitation created by your son. Kindly convey my blessings and Best wishes to him for a Happy Married Life.

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Thank you dear S/shri Sangom ji and Brahmanyan ji!

One thing special about the invitation is that he has brought a veritable resemblance to their own faces in the invitation!

Dear CLN,
Wonderful invitation! Wishing the couple all the best!Please accept our greetings and prayers for a Happy Married life

Friends, I have no words to express my gratitude to all of you and your sincere wishes. I feel the inadequacy of my language competency to convey my feelings!

By the Grace of God and the Blessings of all well-wishers, which includes this wonderful Forum members too, the Wedding function of my son went off very well, without any hitch. Here are just a few photos taken by a friend of my son, pending the full album becoming ready.

Attachments

• _MPK6033.webp
    _MPK6033.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 123
  • _MPK6134.webp
    _MPK6134.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 121
  • _MPK6196.webp
    _MPK6196.webp
    94.7 KB · Views: 131
  • _MPK6207.webp
    _MPK6207.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 116
  • _MPK6209.webp
    _MPK6209.webp
    96.2 KB · Views: 127
  • _MPK6226.webp
    _MPK6226.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 117
By the Grace of God and the Blessings of all well-wishers, which includes this wonderful Forum members too, the Wedding function of my son went off very well, without any hitch. Here are just a few photos taken by a friend of my son, pending the full album becoming ready.

Dear Sri CLN,

Very kind of you to have posted photos from the Wedding Album of your son. May God Almighty Bless the young Couple with long, happy and healthy Married life.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Wedding Greetings

Dear Mr,CLN,
Blessings to the young couple for a very Happy & Prosperous wedded life

Attachments

• wedding greet 2.webp
    wedding greet 2.webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Shri CLN,

My best wishes to the young couple.

And many thanks to you for sharing your moments of joy with all of us.

Dear S/Shri Brahmanyan, ambes, Sangom jis,

Thanks to all of you for the Blessings and Best wishes!

dear CLN

what a lovely couple. i wish them a long, happy, contented, fulfilled and healthy life together. God Bless.

... and thank you for those wonderful pictures. it is a first for this forum, and hopefully not the last. thanks again.

So very kind of you Shri Kunjuppu ji for those kind expressions and blessings! They are flying out tomorrow to Port Blair for a week-long sojourn there. I visited the place more than 15 years ago, but a lot must have changed by now. I'm waiting eagerly for my son to use his photographic talent to capture the wonderful sights I hope they will experience.

CLN,

good for the young couple!!

Boy! Have we improved. In my days (1980) there was no such thing as honeymoon. If there was atleast a trip post wedding, it was more to the temples or to kula deivam accompanied by family et al.

Is there any objection in this forum for this phenomenon? After all it is indeed a violation of our traditions and values? N’est pas?

:) :)

kunjuppu: If there was at least a trip post wedding, it was more to the temples or to kula deivam accompanied by family et al.

I think that in this particular case, we seem to be having the cake and eating it too! :)

The marriage was on the 16th. I took the couple to my native town Mayuram (now re-christened by its old Tamil name as Mayiladuthurai) to seek my bed-ridden mother's blessings and kula deivam visit on the 18th, Samaraadhanai on the 19th and Sumangali Pondugal on the 20th. In addition, we visited the important temples in and around on all the three days in the evenings too! We returned to Chennai only this morning.

Last edited:
Dear Sri CLN Ji,

Just saw the wedding photos. Very handsome couple (Don't understand what your wife is talking about!).

Pray to the almighty to bless the couple and may your tribe increase many fold.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Namaskarams,
KRS

Pray to the almighty to bless the couple and may your tribe increase many fold.

Dear Shri KRS ji,

Your comments are not only benevolent to the couple but will serve as a booster to many parents and children who might be facing impediments like ours, as well! Thank you very much.

Right now the kids are in Port Blair, having reached there about 100 minutes or so ago. I hope they will have a nice time there and will be bringing us some nice photos too in a week's time!

Regarding "namaskarams" I think I might be a bit younger to you, though not quite sure. I was born in the year "Sarvajit", on the day prior to Diwali! In that case, it is your "aasirvaadhams" I'll cherish most!

Last edited:
Don't understand what your wife is talking about!

Dear KRS ji,

In continuation of my post #18, my wife's objections are (or, were, from the relevance POV?):

1. the girl is NOT a Smaartha Tamil Vadama.
2. she is short (!), i.e., shorter even than my wife!
3. she is darker, not 'matching' the MIL, who is quite fair, I have to concede.

But, the boy is only dusky, more like his father, than his mother!

Her REAL grouse is NOT against them, but against me - How could I give my consent? I should have objected to the alliance, instead of giving my green signal!

(In purely lighter vein): What to do? Aiswarya Rai could have born some ten years later! :) Then at least my son could have made a try for her hand! For that matter, had she been born some twenty years earlier, even I could have tried my luck! Very hard luck indeed! :( ;)

PS: I have one strong justification to choose Aiswarya Rai. She shares the same DoB with my wife :) - only that my wife is exactly 18 years older!

Last edited:
Her REAL grouse is NOT against them, but against me - How could I give my consent? I should have objected to the alliance, instead of giving my green signal!

!

amazing how wives are alike!! i hear such arguement from my wife all the time. though my wife would not oppose IC marriage per se, if she dislikes the girl, it would be upto me to 'throw the spanner in the works'.

Bless You CLN!!

Thank you Sri CLN Ji.

Amazing - who is marrying who? I thought your son was marrying the girl!!!

Seriously, hope things work out long term.

I always thought that the Smartha tradition encompasses all other traditions.

I am older, so my Aseervadham as well as Namaskaram are always there.

A&N,
KRS
Dear KRS ji,

In continuation of my post #18, my wife's objections are (or, were, from the relevance POV?):

1. the girl is NOT a Smaartha Tamil Vadama.
2. she is short (!), i.e., shorter even than my wife!
3. she is darker, not 'matching' the MIL, who is quite fair, I have to concede.

But, the boy is only dusky, more like his father, than his mother!

(In purely lighter vein): What to do? Aiswarya Rai could have born some ten years later! :) Then at least my son could have made a try for her hand! For that matter, had she been born some twenty years earlier, even I could have tried my luck! Very hard luck indeed! :( ;)

PS: I have one strong justification to choose Aiswarya Rai. She shares the same DoB with my wife :) - only that my wife is exactly 18 years older!

Dear Sri KRS ji,

It is said that Hindu marriages are not between two individuals - a boy and a girl - but between two families. In our way of family life, individual is subjugated to family and family is subjugated to community. What with nuclear families becoming the necessity and trend nowadays and western influences playing strong, the social face of all Hindu communities are fast changing, but there is always a lag. It is only that my wife, by her foolhardiness, is literally isolating herself from the majority of our relatives. Although she is mortified and is deeply hurt by the fact that the marriage has gone on very well, with most of her side relatives also attending it, she is announcing even now very proudly that she has put me to shame by her absence in the function! She specializes in creating her own hell and wallowing in it in abject self-pity. She carries on tormenting me by all sorts of abusive expressions and draws immense satisfaction, because she believes to herself that it will bring her peace! Alas, she is only tying herself into a tighter knot by all such activities! She cannot extricate herself from it and she will not let any one help her out too! :(

Last edited:
dear CLN,

there is an english quote 'cutting your nose to spite your face'. i see your wife's behaviour such.

you are between 'a rock and hard place'. either way, you are in for some crucifixion.

all in all, there are no winners in this situation. the scars created will remain long. it is at these junctures, that i give up and pray. or as some folks here would say, 'bribe' God.

God Bless you sir and i wish peace in your family soon.

Dear Shri Kunjuppu ji,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been used to her and her idiosyncrasy for all of 35 years! Only the 'scenes' change, but the 'theme' changes not. So, it is not exactly any new experience to me, though every time it does hurt a bit. Nothing is permanent - including life - isn't it?

Dear CLN

As an elderly person I seek unto the Lord's blessings for marital bliss with health and wealth, everlasting happiness
and cheer throughout their lives. They look ideal couple made for each other . Congratulations.

with best wishes

PC RAMABADRAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back