• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Margazhi Bajanai - Before sunrise with Pongal prasadam

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my expereince goes in Vedaranyam-one side MLV start the day with
Thiruvembavai at Sivan Koil and nearby perumal koil thiruppavai.What a
sweet amd melodious voice of her.The bhanjan koshti will end at North
Mada Vilakam Ramar madam and hot ven pongal will be served as prasadam.The whole north mada vilakam had 30 to 35 houses.Each
house will contribute every day prasadm till pongal day.Oh: what a
great golden days. the same expereince I had when my father got transfer from Vedaranyam to Thriuvaiyaru.I was luckiest person one gold place to
another musically golden place.That Margazhi Thiruvathirai at Atkondar
Sannithi.I think the same is still going on many villages in Tamil nadu this
margazhi bhajani.Recently I expereinced at Nungavaram,Near Trichy.
In Pasamalar Shivaji will say one dialogue "Namma eppavume kuzanthai aga
irunthrukka kudatha"I remembering the same why I should not be a school
going child whole of my life without any committments.

Thanks for other members remembering golden month only dedicated
to our GODS.

oh waw... sharma ji. you started enjoying the "margazhi"... go ahead. Here from morning it rained like hell. I got up only by seven. Even I didnot went to the very near oppiliappan temple...:sad:

I memorized Thirupavai in my childhood by listening from loud speaker. From last year, I started visiting the temple everyday in the month of Margazhi and reciting Thriupavai/Thiruvembavai in the morning. As per my nature, I don’t follow anything blindly. I have my own explanation for my religious activities like prayer, meditation, bajan etc.

I understand the benefit of doing bajan in the street in the early morning, but I don’t have this privilege as I live in US. Is there any other special significance reciting Thirupavai/Thiruvabavai?

Ramansrini asked:-

"Is there any other special significance reciting Thirupavai/Thiruvabavai?"

Yes. At the end of recital, you get pongal. I can't think beyond that at this point in time.

Hi guys,

I informed my wife that now it is marghazhi; asked her to make pongal with plenty of ghee.
She said "rrrriiiiiight! You go and recite Thiruppaavai; only the ones recite thiruppaavai would get pongal!"

My humble question to the forum:- How long would it take to learn to recite Thiruppaavai? What are my chances of eating pongal in this month?

The chances are very bright Raghy ji. Reciting thirupavai is very very simple and easy. Certainly not a tough task. You will get pongal even daily. Only eight lines. that too while studying itself the meanings will wander in your thoughts. Sequential continuation of words and incidences throughout a song is an added advantage to learn... Start try from now itself.

My best wishes for you to eat hot pongal with pepper and ghee soon...

Pranams

ஸ்ரீ துர்கா தாசன்,

என்ன சார், எதாவது குறுக்கு வழி சொல்வீங்கன்னு பார்த்தேன்! நீங்களும் திருப்பாவை சொல்லனும்னு சொல்லிடீங்களே!

வேற வழி இல்லை! பொங்கல் கிடைக்க ஒரே வழிதான் போல இருக்கு! :decision:

Last edited:
Dear Raghy ji

"கோதை தமிழ் ஐயைந்தும் ஐந்தும் அறியாத மானிடரை வையம் சுமப்பதும் வம்பு". The statement goes like this. "Nekku mattum enathukku vambu???" There is no need for crosscuts at all. The straight way itself is very easy sir.

One way is there: Independency. Whenever i wish to eat any kind of dish, I myself will prepare and eat. If I was in good mood then I will serve them also. So, try to do pongal on your own.

For your reference:

Rice 1 Cup
» Moong Dal 1/4 Cup
» Black Pepper Powder to taste
» Zera Powder 1 Tbsp
» Ginger Paste 1 Tsp
» Dry Dinger (Sukku) 1 Tbsp
» Heeng 1 Tsp
» Cashew for garnishing
» Margaring/Ghee 2 Tbsp
» Water 6 Cups
» Salt to taste

Method
1. Wash rice and dal together and drain nicely.
2. In the Rice cooker heat 1 tbsp ghee.
3. Add rice and dal. Fry till the ghee coats the mixture.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients, except Cashews.
5. Add water. Cover and cook.
6. Keep testing the water level and stir frequently as it has a tendency to stick to the bottom.
7. When rice gets fully mashed garnish with cashews.

It is even more simple with pressure cooker. i usually do pongal in that only. Since we love to eat pongal with "Nanna kuzhanju", allow it for 6-7 whistles. That will be good.

Pranams

ஸ்ரீ துர்கா தாசன்,

இது ரொம்ப அநியாயம் சார்! நீங்க எழுதினதை என் துணைவி பார்த்தால் நான் செத்தேன்! நீங்க பாட்டில் பொங்கல் செய் முறை எழுதிட்டேள்! இப்போ அடியேன் பொங்கல் செய்ய வேண்டியதுதான்! ஏதோ பொங்கல் பண்ண தெரியாதுன்னு கதை விட்டிருந்தேன்! இப்போ அதில் எள்ளு!

உங்காத்து மாமி முகத்துல எள்ளும் கொள்ளும் வெடிக்கற முன்னால நீங்களே மிளகு தட்டி போட்டு ஒரு சூப்பர் பொங்கல் பண்ணிடுங்கோ. அருமையா இருக்கும். நம்ம மாமிகளுக்கே ஒரு ஆசை என்னன்னா "எப்பவும் நாமலே சமச்சுண்டு இருக்குமே, ஒரு வாய் நம்மள உக்காத்தி வெச்சு நம்ம ஆத்துக்காரர் சமச்சுபோடமாடராநு... அந்த கவலையும் தீர்ந்துடும்

Pranams

உங்காத்து மாமி முகத்துல எள்ளும் கொள்ளும் வெடிக்கற முன்னால நீங்களே மிளகு தட்டி போட்டு ஒரு சூப்பர் பொங்கல் பண்ணிடுங்கோ. அருமையா இருக்கும். நம்ம மாமிகளுக்கே ஒரு ஆசை என்னன்னா "எப்பவும் நாமலே சமச்சுண்டு இருக்குமே, ஒரு வாய் நம்மள உக்காத்தி வெச்சு நம்ம ஆத்துக்காரர் சமச்சுபோடமாடராநு... அந்த கவலையும் தீர்ந்துடும்

Pranams

Sri Durga Dasan,

This is a good one! :rockon: I was just kidding; I cook very well. Like you suggested, I have cooked so many times for her. You are right, that is one way to keep one's wife very happy!

I memorized Thirupavai in my childhood by listening from loud speaker. From last year, I started visiting the temple everyday in the month of Margazhi and reciting Thriupavai/Thiruvembavai in the morning. As per my nature, I don’t follow anything blindly. I have my own explanation for my religious activities like prayer, meditation, bajan etc.

I understand the benefit of doing bajan in the street in the early morning, but I don’t have this privilege as I live in US. Is there any other special significance reciting Thirupavai/Thiruvabavai?

Sri Ramansrini,

I diverted the thread and showed the whole forum that I am 'saappaattu Raman'.

I do not know about the significance of thiruppaavai and thiruvembavai recitals. I humbly request the forum to enlighten us, please. Thank you.

Namassadhasae

Maha Swamigal paticipated in one Tiruppavai & Tiruvembai Maanadu in Tiruvidimaruthur, a place near Kumbakonam in 1950. He participated in the event on all the eight days. Details of Periyavar's views expressed in the meeting by way of his proclamation (aRikkai) and his speech are given below :

Source: Today's Dinamani Supplement Vellimani - issue dt 18/12/2009.

மகாசுவாமிகள் நடத்திய மகாநாடு

First Published : 18 Dec 2009 07:46:16 PM IST

ஞானச்​சு​ட​ராக,​ தவ​ம​லை​யாக,​ மாந்​த​ருள் மாணிக்​க​மா​கத் திகழ்ந்​த​வர் காஞ்சி சங்​க​ர​ம​டத்​தின் 68வது ஆசார்ய சுவா​மி​க​ளான பூஜ்​யஸ்ரீ சந்​தி​ர​சே​க​ரேந்​திர சரஸ்​வதி ​ சுவா​மி​கள். அவர்,​ 1950ம் ஆண்டு டிசம்​பர் மாதம்,​ தமிழ்​நாட்டு மக்​க​ளுக்கு விடுத்த அறிக்​கை​யின் ஒரு பகுதி இங்கே.

​ ​ ""மார்​கழி மாதத்​தில் ஸ்ரீமா​ணிக்​க​வா​சக சுவா​மி​க​ளது திரு​வெம்​பா​வை​யும்,​ ஸ்ரீ ஆண்​டா​ளு​டைய திருப்​பா​வை​யும் முறையே சிவா​ல​யங்​க​ளி​லும்,​ விஷ்ணு ஆல​யங்​க​ளி​லும் ஓதப்​பட்டு வரு​கின்​றன. சென்ற 80 ஆண்​டு​க​ளாக நம் தமிழ்​நாட்டு மக்​கள்,​ சிறு பிரா​யம் முதல் மேல் நாட்​டா​ரின் மொழி​யை​யும்,​ நாக​ரீ​கத்​தை​யும் பயின்று,​ அர​சி​யல் கிளர்ச்​சி​க​ளில் மாத்​தி​ரம் பெரும்​பா​லும் ஈடு​பட்டு வந்​த​மை​யால் தாய்​நாட்​டின் தெய்​வீக முறை​களை அறி​யாது,​ அருள் வழி​யில் பெரும் நஷ்​டத்தை அடைந்​து​விட்​டார்​கள். நம் முன்​னோர்​கள் அரு​ளிய அத்​தி​ரு​மு​றை​க​ளின் கருத்​துக்​க​ளை​யும்,​ அவர்​க​ளது தூய வாழ்க்​கை​யை​யும் நம் மக்​க​ளுக்கு எடுத்​து​ரைக்க வேண்​டி​யது எஞ்​சி​யுள்ள பண்​டி​தர்​க​ளின் கட​மை​யா​கும்'' என்​றது அந்த அறிக்கை.

​ ​ ​ இந்த உய​ரிய நோக்​கத்​து​டன் சுவா​மி​கள் திரு​வி​டை​ம​ரு​தூ​ரில் அதே டிசம்​பர் மாதம் 25 முதல் எட்டு நாட்​க​ளுக்கு பெரி​ய​தொரு மகாநாட்டை கூட்​டி​னார். அதற்கு,​ "திருப்​பாவை,​ திரு​வெம்​பாவை,​ திரு​மறை ஆறங்க மாநாடு' என்று பெய​ரி​டப்​பட்​டது. நாட்​டின் பல பகு​தி​களி​லி​ருந்து அறி​ஞர் பெரு​மக்​க​ளும்,​ சான்​றோர்​க​ளும்,​ சங்​கீத வித்​வான்​க​ளும்,​ கலா​சபை பேரா​சி​ரி​யர்​க​ளும்,​ மடா​தி​ப​தி​க​ளும் இம்​மா​நாட்​டில் கலந்து கொண்டு சிறப்​புரை ஆற்​றி​னார்​கள். வைண​வப் பெரி​யோர்​கள் பர​ம​சி​வ​னது பெரு​மை​யை​யும்,​ சைவப் பெரி​யோர்​கள் ஸ்ரீமன் நாரா​ய​ணனின் கரு​ணையை​யும் எடுத்​துக் கூறி​ய​பொ​ழுது பெரி​ய​தோர் மதப்​பு​ரட்​சியை அன்​பர்​கள் அங்​குக் கண்​டார்​கள். அந்​தப் புரட்சி எல்​லாம் பக்தி வெள்​ள​மாக மாறி எல்​லோ​ரின் உள்​ளங்​க​ளை​யும் குளி​ரச் செய்​தது. மகா​சு​வா​மி​க​ளும் ஒவ்​வொரு நாளும் மாநாட்​டிற்கு விஜ​யம் செய்து அரு​ளாசி வழங்​கி​னார்​கள்.

​ ​ ​ சுருக்​க​மாக அவர் கூறு​கை​யில்,​ "மதத்​தி​னால் சண்டை உண்​டா​கு​மென்று சொல்​வது தவ​றா​கும்' என்​றும்,​ "உண்​மை​யான மதம் எப்​பொ​ழு​தும் சச்​ச​ரவை உண்டு பண்​ணாது' என்​றும்,​ "மதத்​தின் அடிப்​ப​டை​யில்​லா​விட்​டால் அர​சி​யல்,​ பொரு​ளா​தா​ரச் சச்​ச​ர​வு​கள் அதி​க​ரித்து ஆபத்தை விளை​விக்​கும்' என்​றும்,​ "ஆத​லால் இறை​வன் வழி​பாடு மனி​த​னுக்கு மிக​வும் அவ​சி​ய​மா​கும். அவ்​வ​ழி​பாட்​டிற்கு பாவை நூல்​கள் உத​வும்' என்​றும் அரு​ளி​னார். ​

​ ​ மேலும் அவர் தம் உரை​யில்,​ "தமிழ்​நாட்டி​லி​ருந்து 3500 கிலோ​மீட்​டர்​க​ளுக்கு அப்​பால் உள்ள சயாம் தேசத்​தில் ​(இந்தோ சைனா)​ வரு​டந்​தோ​றும் அந்​நாட்டு அர​சாங்​கத்​தி​னால் "த்ரி​யம்​பாவை-​த்ரி​பாவை' என்ற பெய​ரில் ஒரு உற்​ச​வம் நடை​பெற்று வரு​வ​தா​யும்,​ நம் நாட்​டின் ஆருத்ரா தரி​சன உற்​சவ சம​யத்​திலே அங்கு நடக்​கி​றது' என்ற ஒரு அரிய தக​வ​லை​யும் வெளிப்​ப​டுத்​தி​னார்.​ ​ ​ இன்று தமி​ழ​கம் முழு​வ​தும் திருப்​பாவை-​திரு​வெம்​பாவை பரவ மகா சுவா​மி​க​ளது பெரு முயற்​சி​க​ளும் கார​ண​மா​கும்.

Maha Swamigal, in his way, emphasised the need to have worship of God. The statement that religion will create any conflict is wrong and he explained that real religion will never create any conflict. He had also referred about one utsavam conducted at the time of Arudhra dharsanam (Margazhi Thiruvathirai nakshatram - almost combined with Pournami) in the country Sayam (Indo China), which is about 3500 km away from Tamilnadu, which would definitely be a rare information for most of us. This Maanadu also served as an effort of unity to bring Saiva Vaishnava under one umbrella.

The dates of the maanadu commenced from 24th December 1950 for eight days.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!"
_ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

Dear Raghy ji

Apart from Eating delicious dishes, thriupavai and thiruvempavai teaches us how to live and lead the life. Iam much ashamed that I dont know thriuvempavai. (only two songs I know). But Thirupavai is a ocean. In a song, andal will talk more scientifically how the rain is coming (AZHI MAZHAI KANNA), in other song she will explain how a human mind should get into bonds (KANAITHILAM KATRERUMAI). I love that song. In that song, in just two lines she will describe the whole motherhood. In other song, how to perform poojas (VAIYATHU VAAZHVIRGAAL), In other song how to make steps to reach a person of high status (NAYAGANAI NINDRA) (In this song, she talks and gets the approval of gatekeeper to enter into the room of krishna). In other song, she will explain the unification of jeevathma and paramathma in a way of worldily nuptials (KUTHU VILAKKERIA).

What not in Thirupavai???

Hope you started reciting...

Pranams

am kaN maa NYaalaththu arasar abimaana
pangamaay vandhu nin paLLi(k) kattiR keezhE
sangam iruppaar pOl vandhu thalaippeydhOm
kingiNi vaay(ch) cheydha thaamarai(p) poo(p) pOlE
sengaN chiRu(ch) chiRidhE emmEl vizhiyaavO
thingaLum aadhiththanum ezhundhaaR pOl
am kaN irandum kondu engaL mEl nOkkudhiyEl
engaL mEl saabam izhindhElOr embaavaay

In this song, the swami has been glorified as a king of kings. Normally, servant maids will be there to wake a rich person. Here, the kings are all surrounded near the cot of krishna and waking him. (This also reminds us the story of Arjuna and Duryodhana meeting shri krishna, where arjuna sits in the leg and duryodhana sits near head, finally both were satisfied with the boons). We have to closely watch this song, the girls are not happy to see swami like this, surrounded by kings. They think whether swami look at them amidst the crowd of kings. The girls are very simple and have nothing when compared to the kings. But these kings are gathered there like a conference. So, they actually get annoyed. To overcome this situation, the girls are praising swami, whether he can make a small look towards them (is there a difference in small look and long looks? The meaning actually is even a Kshana-time look is enough to make us blessed). If You direct Your glance at us, with Your pair of beautiful eyes that resemble the rising Sun and the Moon, we will be freed from the curse of sins (past, present and future).

This one particular song teaches
1. How to behave in public place?
2. How to make the deal success even if big shots are there before us regarding the same deal?
3. How to praise the person to get the things to be done? (This is main thing. Overpraising will sometimes irritates and spoil the whole thing).
4. How to observe the place whereever we went and grasp the atmosphere?
5. How to compare and contrast the person-in-charge among others?

This is like a mother teaching things to her school going child. Noone can teach this much downtoearth level.

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back