• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mangalagiri Panakala (Panagam) Narasimha's miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small town near Vijayawada namedMangalagiri. On the top of the hill Lord Narasimha in sitting posture blessesall. His mouth is wide open. Panakam(Panagam) is made of jaggery mixed withwater with dried ginger, elaichi and will be in liquid form. If one jug full ofPanakam (Panagam) is given to the archaka and he pours in Narasimha's mouthexactly half of the Panakam (Panagam) will be consumed by Lion god and the resthe will give as Prasad to devotees. Not even a single drop will go more thanthat half jug. Any evidence from puranas for this miracle. I went once andexperienced this amidst a good darshan.

These are all belief system only. If one believes firmly, this may seem to happen to them. Miracle itself is believing the unbelievable and if your mind is set in that way, you can believe anything just like in "Nambinal Nambungal".It is not to criticise one belief, but it is based on the mind's firm faith.

These are all belief system only. If one believes firmly, this may seem to happen to them. Miracle itself is believing the unbelievable and if your mind is set in that way, you can believe anything just like in "Nambinal Nambungal".It is not to criticise one belief, but it is based on the mind's firm faith.

I have seen personally. I bought panakam and gave. When others gave also I saw the same thing. Your answer is vague.

My answer is not vague. Like this, when some christian person says that this is Christ dress only when nailed in the cross, you can not dispute. I have seen one Perumal eating banana fruit given by one lady in a temple. But when I close looked at even though it was eaten by god , it is actually falling.In Pillayar milk sucking case also the milk was drifting. There is one saying "Kallai Kandal Nayai konam, Nayai kandal kalli konom", Here in a sculpture one is seeing the dog and other person see it only as stone. We can not dispute both said is wrong. Since according to their perception both are right. Thus as the way you see, you imagine or reflect things in your brain. I am not saying panagam will not come from Narasimha. But half of the panagam only he took and other half he gave back , that is our perception. This is not only for perumal but for every god and every religion.I hope everybody understand my viewpoint.

There is one saying "Appearances are deceptive...", In one picture in our house, we have shiva and sakthi. In one way you look at it you can only see shiva. In another angle both.That is our viewing is different even if the same object is present. This is not argument but a different perception. That does not mean that I do not believe in God. But I rarely believe miracles.

There is one saying "Appearances are deceptive...", In one picture in our house, we have shiva and sakthi. In one way you look at it you can only see shiva. In another angle both.That is our viewing is different even if the same object is present. This is not argument but a different perception. That does not mean that I do not believe in God. But I rarely believe miracles.

It is not a way of seeing--Please visit the temple once and view the miracle. In this kaliyuga these sort of things prevail that Singaperumal is saying that I am there to protect you---- Rest left to u if you believe or do not believe I will not say anything--

Pillayar paal kudithal and perumal eating banana fruit--I do not know bcoz I have not seen those. You only told like this. But panaga narasimha is a miracle. It is strange that you only started the thread garuda puranam and you are not believing the narasimha miracle.

I think there must be some kind of air pressure at work inside the cavity that is decorated as a mouth.

why assumption? Inquire there. This proves u do not believe. You are a atheist.

So what happens when you keep panaham in a tumbler before the mouth? Does Narasimhan take the tumbler and gulps it down? If he doesnt do that, it means there is no supernatural power at work.

I think there must be some kind of air pressure at work inside the cavity that is decorated as a mouth.
Is it necessary to have some kind of air pressure? I don't think so, Auh Ji.

One blog about this temple '
Mangalagiri – Sri Panaka Narasimha Swamy ' says:

''The amazing things to notice in Panakala Narasimha Swami temple is that when the “archakas” (or the priests) offer

Panakam (jaggery water) with a conch to the Lord, a gargling sound is clearly audible. The voice rises to a high pitch and

then lessens towards the end of the offering. Interesting things to note are, only half the quantity of Panakam offered to

God goes inside the mouth while the remaining spills out, which was given as prasadam and not even a single ant can be

traced though a large quantity of jaggery water is offered. This phenomenon happens not once in a day but is a recurring

feature during the course of the day as and when devotees offer panakam (jaggery water)''

If the cavity is like a tube with a tiny hole at the bottom, when the jaggery water is poured, the phenomenon described

above will occur. When the jaggery water drains out, there will be recurrence of the same. :cool:

P.S: I would not have posted this, if this thread was in Religion forum. :)

Is it necessary to have some kind of air pressure? I don't think so, Auh Ji.

One blog about this temple '
Mangalagiri – Sri Panaka Narasimha Swamy ' says:

''The amazing things to notice in Panakala Narasimha Swami temple is that when the “archakas” (or the priests) offer

Panakam (jaggery water) with a conch to the Lord, a gargling sound is clearly audible. The voice rises to a high pitch and

then lessens towards the end of the offering. Interesting things to note are, only half the quantity of Panakam offered to

God goes inside the mouth while the remaining spills out, which was given as prasadam and not even a single ant can be

traced though a large quantity of jaggery water is offered. This phenomenon happens not once in a day but is a recurring

feature during the course of the day as and when devotees offer panakam (jaggery water)''

If the cavity is like a tube with a tiny hole at the bottom, when the jaggery water is poured, the phenomenon described

above will occur. When the jaggery water drains out, there will be recurrence of the same. :cool:

P.S: I would not have posted this, if this thread was in Religion forum. :)

ok, so there is a simpler explanation available... thanx madam...

That means it is scientific and how can it be called a miracle ? (From your own statement)
Dear S S,

What in quoted in my post is NOT what I wrote, FYKI! :)

It is from a blog on that temple. I consider this only as a normal event and mentioned it, ONLY because this

thread has appeared in G D forum. I would have been :tape:-ed, if this had appeared in Religion, because I don't

want to deny people of their own beliefs. Hope you get the point now.

P.S: Please fill up a glass tube with a mug of water; the pitch will increase as you pour more. Basic science.
icon3.png

To a 5 year old normal child and 50 year person with abnormal mind, it is a miracle.
But for an average TB member it is scientific and elementary.

[video=youtube_share;Un-n8cm03a0]https://youtu.be/Un-n8cm03a0[/video]

Just as Makarajyoti was proved to be a fake, this too shall pass.

Is it that the devotees never heard about the temple's confession that the Jyothi was fake, that they were swindled for decades?
One has heard that faith can move the mountains, but this year a mountain could not stand the weight of faith. Tragically on 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Jan, 2011, a hillock where thousands of devotees had congregated to have a glimpse of Makar Jyothi, due to the melee of the devotees, the hillock crumbled resulting in the stampede and death of 102 people. Makar Jyothi is supposed to be the divine light, appearing in the sky to pay tribute to lord Ayyapa.

More Than 700 People Killed in Mecca Stampede

A midmorning panic and crush in nearby Mina also injured more than 800 people during the annual pilgrimage to Islam’s holiest city

A stampede during the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Islam’s holiest city on Thursday left at least 717 people dead and another 805 injured, Saudi officials said.

By
AHMED AL OMRAN in Hofuf, Saudi Arabia, and
SAM DAGHER in Amman, Jordan

Updated Sept. 24, 2015 10:29 p.m. ET64 COMMENTS

A stampede during the annual pilgrimage to Islam’s holiest site killed more than 700 people and brought sharp recriminations of host country Saudi Arabia from rival Iran and its allies.

It was the deadliest tragedy at the hajj since 1990 and the second major disaster of this pilgrimage season after a crane collapsed at Mecca’s Grand Mosque earlier this month, killing at least 109 people.

The stampede began Thursday midmorning in the area of Mina on the outskirts of the holy city of Mecca, as hundreds of thousands of people were moving along a route that all pilgrims follow to perform the same sequence of rituals. It was the sixth stampede in 25 years in Mina, with a collective toll of more than 3,000 dead.

Read more at: http://www.wsj.com/articles/at-least-220-killed-in-mecca-stampede-1443085905

Such tragic stampedes happens ....it is unfortunate... but may be in every religion... linking such deaths with faith is something unacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back