• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Manava Seva to the Departed

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

I have put this link here about an article in the Star Newspaper in Malaysia about Mr Kathiravan Vadivelu an undertaker by proffesion who does final rites for unclaimed bodies of Hindus out here.
He gives each departed person a cremation per hindu rites and buys for thems coffins also and all expenses are his.

Since 2001 he has done final rites for 130 unclaimed bodies and he says some of the departed actually have relatives who simply refuse to claim them.

He also does regular donations to poor school children and the underprivileged amounting to Thousands of Ringgits per year as he believes we need to give back to society.

The link here only has part of the article but at least more than enough to read about a man who has made The World his Family(Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam) and upholding Manava Seva as Madhava Seva.

I also wrote a note of appreciation for him in the newspaper here which I will also attach.

Kathiravan takes up task of performing final rites for unclaimed bodies

my note of appreciation I wrote for him in the paper:

Serving God and mankind

READING about Kathiravan Vadivelu (“Undertaker for the unknown” – The Star, May 31) really makes one think about service to mankind.

He has undertaken a task many do not give a thought to. He has taken service to society to a different dimension altogether.

He cares both for the living and the departed and inspires all of us to do more for society as a whole.

He plays the role of the filial “son” for the departed and that is truly a service to God. As the saying goes, service to mankind is service to God.

Dr RENUKA KARTHIKAYAN,

Subang Jaya.

Last edited:
Madam R.K.,
I am sure such services are being rendered by individuals/organisations in our country too. If you could do some research, you will definitely come across such persons/organisations. I do not think our country lags behind any country in service of mankind. I hope you will put up the thread shortly. bye.

Madam R.K.,
I am sure such services are being rendered by individuals/organisations in our country too. If you could do some research, you will definitely come across such persons/organisations. I do not think our country lags behind any country in service of mankind. I hope you will put up the thread shortly. bye.

Dear Gopainduji,

I was just sharing this article with no intention to compare countries even though I am a Malaysian citizen.

I really dont have that Mine or Thine concept when it comes to sharing inspiring information.
I also dont have that mine is better than thine concept also in anything I do..(I am not praising myself but being truthful here) because what ever I am or whatever I have or even achieved is just Loaned from God.So I am never proud of anything I have had or achieved in life..Becos Pride comes with Prejudice and I rather use the word happy and thankful with what God has given.
..when all are His..who am I?

I would be grateful if you could provide some links here about the Indian or any other countries version of Manava Seva..

Last edited:
Madam R.K.,
There is one Shaheed Bhagat Singh Sewa Dal in India which does cremation services to orphans and free of cost to the poor and needy. I am not sure whether orphans include unclaimed dead bodies or not. Anyhow, this is for your information. The link is shaheedbhagatsingsewal.com. bye.

SRI POORNIMA MAHAMERU Trust runs old age home for destitutes free of cost and when they expire,the destitutes elders are cremated with full dignity and honour.
Some time back,I read in Newspapers about a good gentleman from a middle class brahmin
family who has sacrificed his career and taken up feeding poor destitutes in and around
Madurai.He has also started to give decent funeral to all destitutes irrespective of caste/religion etc.He was considered for awaed by CNNIBN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back