• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Man and Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Machines use logic to arrive at a conclusion. They can never do the reverse i.e., grasp something and figure out the logic. This ability being unique to humans also clearly draws the line between the natural and artificial intelligence. But I am not ruling out programmed intelligence. That way a machine can be made to appear more intelligent than most of the humans one day. Besides there are unique advantages that are there to a machine such as duplication, consistency, tirelessness , speed, networking etc that can make their intelligence look formidable a la endhiran.

Artificial intelligence definitely has its use and in my opinion would be the mother of all inventions and even if realized in the above way still the crowning achievement of Science. But I think the goal is still a far way off. Whichever country makes headway in this is going to be the real superpower of the future.

dear Mr. sravna,

Logical thinking is a gift endowed up on mankind and highly evolved primates.

The machine simply follows the programmed rules and it can't think either way-from the problem to the result or the result to the problem.

If machines can think for themselves they will surely take over the world as shown in many science fictions.

Man will be completely helpless against a self willed, untiring and intelligent thinking machine.

God forbid!

with best wishes,
V.R.

Dear Smt. VR,

Logic driven intelligence cannot be ruled out in principle though still very hard to accomplish. But trying to realize knowledge without logic is something that is the hallmark of natural intelligence. That is what machines cannot do even in principle. Even humans vary in their ability to do that.

Dear sravna,

We may not realist it! We may not even be aware of it, since it happens so fast.
I am sure natural intelligence follows logical steps to arrive at the solution.

Logic governs everything. Human beings endowed with a brilliant mind go through these steps in lightening speed while those with less mental abilities take longer!

The mental ability/agility tests being conducted can be cleared by everyone IF no time limit is set. The time limit is so set that only the really brilliant can complete it in the given amount of time.

with best wishes,
V.R.

Dear Smt. VR,

The step by step nature of logic is a feature of the physical world. In the spiritual world there are no steps. Everything is a holistic experience and hence instantaneous

Point is spiritual expereince is not something machines can have. Direct intuitive perceptions are more the feature of a spiritually developed mind which definitely a purely physical entity such as a robot cannot have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back