• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

makara sankramana punyakalam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarpanam even ordinarily, has to be performed during the "pitrukaalam" which is just after the high noon. Till high noon it is the "Devakaalam" and no pitrukarma is to be performed till high noon. Some sootras follow a slightly different rule and will take up till evening time to perform Sraaddham, Tarpanam etc.

In the present case one should take a fresh bath (if it is not possible to avoid meals) and perform the makara samkramana Tarpanam after the sun enters makaram. This is what Saastras truly say. But you may get different advices because we have turned and twisted saastras to suit our conveniences.

As per thirukkanitha panchankam sun enters makara raasi at 1-11. p.M. so you can start doing tharpaNam from 1.11 p.m. and pongal paani from 12 noon to one p.m. in guru horai. after tharpanam do surya pooja.

hai I wish to inform u that eventhough Makara ravi occurs in the afternoon 4.22 p.m as per Indian time. it is very difficult to do
tharpabnam after makararavi i.e after 4.20 p.M and also put pongal panai at that time and then do pooja after cooking. because sunset
is 6.06 p.m after sunset pooja cannot be done without sun and we not able to take lunch aftrsunset on tharpanan dates.

As per dharmasastra tharpanan cane be done at Kona Kalam i.e after 11.30 to 1.30 P.m we can put pongapanai at that time and tharpanam
alos that time. pracitcaly it is possible. if u are feeling guitly that before makara ravi doing tharpanam and pooja you can after makara ravi
can do Namaskarams with lagu pooja to Surya after makaraqravi this iwll not affet routine. because without doing tharpanam we cont take anytihine.
fasting upto 4.00 p.m is really not suithale for all eslpecially elders and sugar pationets. This is my suggestion decision is yours with regards Srinivasamoorthy R

it is good suggesion but for rituvals we are following only vakkiya panchangam so it can be takes like that tharpanan can be done at
kona kalam i.e 12.00 p.m to 1.30 p.m at that angel it is correect Regard Srinivasamurthy R

On sankranthi day ie on 14th jan. makara ravi occurs in the afternoon. When to perform tharpanam and put pongal panai. please enlighten me and like people.

Unfortunately, I come across this blog now. As per my family Sastrigal, I performed Tharpanam
at 3.30 p.m. and performed Pongal Panai after 4.30 p.m.

Tharpanam has to be done invariably at konakalam only.but another saying is tharpanam is to be done only in utharayanam.Ie in makar sangramanam after makara ravi and in dhaksinayana punyakalam before kataka ravi.secondly tharpanam not in konakalam must be at nadhitheeram only.when we deviate slightly it is better to keep once convenience as best option and not to search for suggestions

There should be a congress of learned and scholarly from different positions and thrash out the discrepancies in timing all important events uniformly for all to adhere to. Otherwise, our children will scoff at all these. Some already do. Panchangams can follow their own traditions but the timing of all important events should be uniform. But I know there is this problem that "I am Brihaspati".

Leaving alone whatever the sAsthirgaL or the Panchangam said, some of my friends had forenoon Pongal,
considering the Sunrise as the start of Pongal! For them, it is 'sowgariyaththukku sAsthram! :peace:

There should be a congress of learned and scholarly from different positions and thrash out the discrepancies in timing all important events uniformly for all to adhere to. Otherwise, our children will scoff at all these. Some already do. Panchangams can follow their own traditions but the timing of all important events should be uniform. ............ .
I fear this may not be possible!

In addition to all the different ways of calculation, there is one more known as 'Aththu vazhakkam'!

So, many think that it is easier to follow whichever is convenient. :)

In addition to all the different ways of calculation, there is one more known as 'Aththu vazhakkam'!

hi RR madam,

different panchangam follows different houses.....different VAZHAKKAMS in different districts of tamil nadu.....different system

followed by iyer/iyengars......some body like PUCCHAM....... many followed conveniences........so generalise very difficult....this

is the same problem for UNITY AMONG BRAHMINS......

Not a problem; if the meaning and practice of diversity is understood. Minor change in the mindset will solve many problems, and divergent views and practices will be accepted and eulogized.

is the same problem for UNITY AMONG BRAHMINS......

Yes Madam. But concerted efforts by all concerned can bring out a welcome change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back