• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mahalayam 2020

This years mahalayam starts in first week of Sep'20. Due to present Covid19 situation many persons are suggesting performance mahalayam rituals online like Google meet etc. Though we had performed Varalakshmi Puja & Avani Avittam online in case of Hirnya Mahayalam we have to give Hiranya Dhanam like banana, rice, dal etc. personally to vadhayar. In online version this not possible where we chant only mantras & pay dakshina also online. I feel the whole essence of mahalayam lies in hirnya dhanam & hence not comfortable with this procedure.
I would like to have opnion of other members in this regard.

You cannot do everything 'online'. You can perform Mahalayam at home properly. Ensure adequate distance.
Do not use China Virus as a cause to defer/postpone.
R.Ramaswami

I feel you have not read post properly. I am not giving excuses also.
In some housing complex guests are not allowed including Vadhyars
Vadhyars themselves are not inclined for house visits as there are still restrictions in travel far in cities
Anyway thanks for taking time to post reply

நாம் அரிசி,பருப்பு, வாழைக்காயுக்கும் சேர்த்து தக்ஷிணையுடன் கொடுக்க வேண்டியது தான் இம்மாதிரி வாட்ச் மேன் உள்ள பெரிய குடியிருப்புகளுக்கு. சிறிய குடியிருப்புகளில் வாத்யார் வருகிறார். மஹாளயம் செய்துவிட்டு சாப்பிட்டுவிட்டு தக்ஷிணை வாங்கி கொண்டு செல்கிறார்கள். வேறு வழியில்லை. கீழே உள்ள அட்டாச் மெண்ட் படித்து தன் படி செய்யலாம்.

Attachments

• Mahalayam-01.pdf
    763.1 KB · Views: 395
While doing Amavasai/Mahalaya Tharpanam while we add sarma for the Males - Pithru, Pithamaha and Prapithamaha, Mathamaha, Mathupithamaha and Mathu prapithamaha what should be added to the female pithrus. Is it Naamniya or Dhaha. Which one is correct. When we should add Naamniha and Dhaha. Kindly enlighten on this.

sri vathsa somadeva sarma on his book amavasya tharpanam says both are correct. you may say gothraahaa and thaahaa or naaminyaahaa.

While doing Amavasai/Mahalaya Tharpanam while we add sarma for the Males - Pithru, Pithamaha and Prapithamaha, Mathamaha, Mathupithamaha and Mathu prapithamaha what should be added to the female pithrus. Is it Naamniya or Dhaha. Which one is correct. When we should add Naamniha and Dhaha. Kindly enlighten on this.
Both are correct. You can use either one in case of ladies

Latest ads

Back