• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mahalaya Tharpanam

MY PRIEST SUGGESTS THAT I SHOULD START DOING THE MAHALAYA TARPANAM SINCE BOTH MY PARENTS HAVE PASSED AWAY. HOWEVER DUE TO MY TRAVEL SCHEDULE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT I MAY MISS DOING TARPANAM DURING THOSE 15DAYS. ACCORDING TO MY PRIEST IF I MISS THE SIMHA MASAM I CAN DO IT IN KANNI OR TULA MASAM ALSO. I WONDER IF THIS IS TRUE AND CORRECT.

Can any one post the Mahalaya Tharpanam in PDF format for performing it on all the 15 days and the details of sansksrit names for the Karunya Pithrus and its chronology
I came across this good book by Paṇḍit U.Ve Sri Rama Ramanuja Acharya (srimatham.com) -Simha Publications on scribd. more books are there on scribd.
i am unable to upload as the size is too large. here is the link

But if you can get a good and knowledgeable vadyar do that as it is better to do it thru a guru.

Last edited:
MY PRIEST SUGGESTS THAT I SHOULD START DOING THE MAHALAYA TARPANAM SINCE BOTH MY PARENTS HAVE PASSED AWAY. HOWEVER DUE TO MY TRAVEL SCHEDULE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT I MAY MISS DOING TARPANAM DURING THOSE 15DAYS. ACCORDING TO MY PRIEST IF I MISS THE SIMHA MASAM I CAN DO IT IN KANNI OR TULA MASAM ALSO. I WONDER IF THIS IS TRUE AND CORRECT.
It is true. you may do tula masam krishna paksham.

Latest ads

Back