• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Madam J.J wants P.A Sangma..

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read here...He is from a Tribal Community and that should be a good move to elect him as president.
Let every community in India be proud that they have their own community member holding important posts too.

May be Presidents post should be on community basis so that each community in India will gear up to meet the requirements to hold the post.

Good choice JJ!!

Andhra churches want Sangma for President

Sangma and sharad pawar walked out of congress refusing to accept leadership of sonia gandhi. It is to be seen whether sonia will now accept him as the presidential candidate. BJP will be in a dilemma if sonia accepts sangma because it will then lose its clout to select its own vice president candidate. I prefer a non political candidate and will be happy if sangma is defeated.

"As the candidacy for next the President is gathering pace, churches in Andhra Pradesh are backing the name of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma.

Giving reasons for proposing the name of Sangma, APFC said the senior leader of the National Congress Party belonged to the tribal community and is a Christian by religion.

"Members of other minority communities like the Muslims and Sikhs were given the post of the President, but not Christians. It is the turn of a Christian now," APFC said."

Andhra churches want Sangma for President

Does it matter to any of us as to who becomes the next Pompous Parasite ?

I thnik, It's the next worse job to being the Vice-President of the US.

Yay Yem

Mr. Anand,
You insult the office of VP in USA.
Tell that to Mr. Johnson, or Mr. Ford. I feel you have no idea of the work and responsibility of a an American VP. Mr. Biden is doing an admirable job.

Namaskarams,
In my opinion Mr. Manmohan Singh may be voted in for the post of President and Mr. Pranab Mukherjee can be elected for the post of Prime Minister. This will balance the power centres. Manmohan willbe the rubber stamp for the ruling party and at the same time our Pranab will be the problem solver in the ministry.

Anbudan
Adiyen

Namaskarams,
In my opinion Mr. Manmohan Singh may be voted in for the post of President and Mr. Pranab Mukherjee can be elected for the post of Prime Minister. This will balance the power centres. Manmohan willbe the rubber stamp for the ruling party and at the same time our Pranab will be the problem solver in the ministry.

Anbudan
Adiyen

I agree with the suggestion. Sardar Manmohan Singh will fit in for the Post of Prsident and he can continue resting in Rashtrapathi Bhavan undisturbed. Pranabda is the only leader in UPA worthy of
facing the Parliament at this troubled juncture.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

when and while no one in this country, including sonia maino, had thought or wanted to have a christian tribal as president of india, why madam JJ want to kick start this?

whats her objective here in this choice?

todays times of india clip..

AIADMK chief and Tamil Nadu chief minister J
Jayalalithaa
on Sunday stepped up her lobbying for the candidature of NCP leader and former Lok Sabha speaker
PA Sangma
for the upcoming Presidential elections. She spoke to several non UPA leaders including BJP leader LK Advani, CPM general secretary Prakash Karat, CPI leader AB Bardhan, Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav, Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal and TDP leader Chandrababu Naidu in an effort to build consensus in Sangma's favour. .

"As part of her campaign for Sangma, Jayalalithaa has spoken to the leaders over the phone and asked them to support Sangma who is also a tribal leader from north east and capable person for the presidential post," a statement issued by the AIADMK headquarters here stated.

If being a Tribal Candidate is the only qualification, then I am against Mr. Sangma's candidature. We should come out of this parochial and sectarian limitations for selecting the highest constitutional post of our Country. Our President who is also supreme commander of the Armed Forces should be an independent Thinker and Statesman devoid of sectarian thinking. Mandalisation of this highest post will ruin the Country further.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

If being a Tribal Candidate is the only qualification, then I am against Mr. Sangma's candidature. We should come out of this parochial and sectarian limitations for selecting the highest constitutional post of our Country. Our President who is also supreme commander of the Armed Forces should be an independent Thinker and Statesman devoid of sectarian thinking. Mandalisation of this highest post will ruin the Country further.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

In fact the President should be above caste , creed & religion...Should be an independent thinker...Also should be spotless in terms of integrity...Look at the controversies that the current President is mired in (Foreign jaunts with kith & kin; palatial post retirement home in prime defence land which has now been held back on account of mounting opposition)....

Worth finding out what sangma has done for his 'tribals'. If he claims that he works for all irrespective of caste, creed or religion, he must not play the christian, tribal card. We all fall prey to reservation demands and elect or appoint persons of dubious merit.

During the last presidential election, shiv sena chief thackaray supported (defying its partner BJP) pratiba patil because she is a marathi manush. This qualification was sufficient to forget all other misdeeds.

I didn't know that Sanga is a christian.It is an irony BJP supports him.Abdul kalam was a dignified president.

sundararajn.

Anyone is welcome as a president if he is not the choice of sonia.
Sundararajan.

sonia's choice is Pranab Mukherjee, a kuli bengali brahmin , but i havent seen any one supporting for this choice here, except attempting a sonia bashing.

the problem here is from another Iyengar Tamil brahmin, JJ, i say, so called JJ. she wants Sangma, and she is the one who first opened the mouth, and looks like she gonna win the game.

all brahmins are topsy turvy i think, and want to be always upside down. normal is boring, for any average brahmin, i bet

Namaskarams,

Dear Brahmanyan, thank you for the support. Mr. Manmohan is a very cool, honest, well educated and a thorough gentleman. With what face Mr. Sangma can approach Congress for their vote? Counting on all the possibilities, it is only Manmohan who fit and sit in the picture.

Anbudan
Adiyen

A very valid question at this point is who should be the presidential candidate, who would be acceptable to all and should be unanimously elected. It would be no exaggeration to suggest that the person who is most qualified to be the president of India is Karan Singh. He is a philosopher, scholar, writer, has been the longest serving governor, a cabinet minister for almost a decade, a former ambassador to the US and as the head of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, the cultural face of India. He also has unimpeachable secular credentials. It would be difficult to find a more distinguished person to head the republic.

By pitching for Singh’s candidature and electing him unanimously, the political parties would do a great service to the country. It is a fervent hope that the political parties do not fall prey once again to the temptation of electing an amenable candidate as the next president of India. For once after several decades, one hopes that the political parties will give India the president it deserves.

The Hindustan Times - Indian Newspapers in English Language from three editions

sonia's choice is Pranab Mukherjee, a kuli bengali brahmin , but i havent seen any one supporting for this choice here, except attempting a sonia bashing.

the problem here is from another Iyengar Tamil brahmin, JJ, i say, so called JJ. she wants Sangma, and she is the one who first opened the mouth, and looks like she gonna win the game.

all brahmins are topsy turvy i think, and want to be always upside down. normal is boring, for any average brahmin, i bet
She has to play politics and chess. Mr Sangma has one problem. He is aligned with Mr Sharad Pawar who is aligned with every thing we do not know what are all. Yes, Dr Karan Singh is a good Kashmiri candidate but he has fallen foul of Delhi. Thus choice is frying paan or burning fire. See how how adept the politicians are to narrow your choices.

I agree with BV Raaghavan. this is going to be the case. MM Singh will become President and Pranab will be the PM. Sonia will not agree to Sagma because he questioned her citizenship. but Sagma will be a powerful President. Pratibha Patil is an embarrassment to Dr Kalam.

I think Congress Party will select Manmohan Singh for the President and elevate Pranab Mukherji to PM. Sonia will not accept Sagma since he once questioned her citizenship. Yes Karan Singh is ideal candidate but I am afraid even the Congress Party may not accept him. Dr Abdul Kalam is also very ideal but he has no strong support even from Tamil Nadu. Pratibha Patil is an embarrassment for Dr Kalam. The problem is that the political parties think their own interest and not the country's. They want rubber-stamp president.

I got an idea. The PM is gagged. The President would not talk. In the fitness of things and in honour of the differently abled persons, why not a competent person but born dumb. The person should only know where to put the rubber stamp. We have honoured schedule caste, minorities, ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back