• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lord stumbles upon unsavoury clamour to climb divine chariots on return journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Debabrata Mohapatra write in Times of India.

PURI: Throwing the district administration's warning to the wind, a large number of people climbed on to the chariot of Lord Jagannath in the guise of priests on the occasion of Bahuda Yatra here on Friday. Donning priestly attire, the fake servitors encroached upon the Nandighos chariot during Jagannath's procession (pahandi) from Gundicha temple, making it difficult for pilgrims to catch a glimpse of the deities aboard their chariots. Ruckus raged on Balabhadra and Subhadra's chariots as well.

A section of influential priests were busy minting money by inviting affluent devotees on to the chariots, hindering hundreds of pilgrims, who thronged to Puri from across the country and abroad to bid adieu to the gods, from getting a clear darshan of the deities.

Jagannath temple security guards, Odisha police and temple administration were all rendered helpless before the priests' hegemony. "We tried to bring down the fake priests, but the real ones threatened to stop the rituals. We had no other option than to bow down before their audacity," said a police officer.

I know that people will say it the fault of central government or Sonia Gandhi that there is so much corruption in India.
But the rot started far deeper than that. I think the moral fibre is rotton.

It reminds me of the famous song from UPKAR
Dete Hai.N Bhagavaan Ko Dhokhaa, Inasaa.N Ko Kyaa Chho.De.Nge
Kasame Vaade Pyaar Vafaa Sab, Baate.N Hai.N Baato.N Kaa Kyaa

[video=youtube;4G9zStK5Ik8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G9zStK5Ik8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Corruption in India plays a havoc everywhere. I wish to quote small story in Speaking Tree(TOI dt 24th June 2012)
Three old persons went to meet God;An American, a Russian, a India.
American asked God -When will his country come out recession. God replied-100 years. He cried profusely, I wont live to see that day.
Next Russian asked -When will his country become prosperous.God replied-50 years.He also felt sad & cried-I wont live to till that day.
Now is turn of Indian & he asked-When will my country become corruption free. God started weeping & said "I will not live to see that day myself ".

Here it is: பைசா ஆண்டவன் இல்லை. ஆனால், ஆண்டவன்மேல் சத்தியமாக, ஆண்டவனை விட குறைந்ததும் இல்லை.

Let me get this straight. Money is not God but it is no less than God.
There is a paradox here. The statement above means Money = God. I am still confused.

You can take it that way. But the idea when it was used, meant that money can do anything which nobody would have imagined was possible.

கையில் காசில்லாதவன் கடவுளானாலும் கதவைச் சாத்தடி

Isn't that an old refrain?

Nice exchange between Iyyarooraan & Mahakavi - both " VIKATAKAVIS ".

Lovely song from Upkar, Prasad Ji.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Why not this song from the film 'Nastik" - Dekh tere sansar ki halat kya ho gaya
bhagawan, kitna badal gaya insaan ' - penned by Kavi Pradeep.

Why not this song from the film 'Nastik" - Dekh tere sansar ki halat kya ho gaya
bhagawan, kitna badal gaya insaan ' - penned by Kavi Pradeep.

I beg to differ.
I do not like to complain to God.
It is the human who has to change, God is not playing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back