• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Looking For Friends with Similar interest

Unfortunately, friendship is not automatic. So, the best way is to find a science/math forum etc. Also finding time to respond and ability to understand the replies are opinion and does not mean insult is very difficult. If you are broad minded you can write here provided it will be helpful some one else.

Sharing knowledge is part of Brahman Dharma, but most effective, leas offensive and effective communication is almost impossible.

Here is a helpful observation: When I asked what is mathematics, people always give examples and not definition. What is the difference between Geometry and Trigonometry? What is Algebra? What i Statistics? No text book defines these terms with real life example. If you try to explain, they think you are arrogant and too proud!.

Here is an answer: A triangle in geometry shape, provides the scalar (numerical ) value of the sides. A right angled triangle, the hypotenuse is given by the square root of the sum of the square of the other two sides.

If you add direction and angle to move on the hypotenuse, it is called vector. Thus, if you add a vector to a right angled triangle, it is Trigonometry. Trigonometry is a progeny of Geometry. How do we know? When you climb a ladder or staircase or a vertical coconut tree, you need to know the direction of movement - going up or coming down, what is the angle at which the hypotenuse is observed, thus one can calculate the force needed to climb up or down.

Arithmetic is a quantitative adjective of a homogeneous, proper named solid object and thus is called countability. Five Bananas is an example. However, if you have several related such groups (or sets) of homogenous proper named objects and that can be referenced by a common name, we create Algebra. Thus,, Fruits is a Common name for 5 Oanges + 3 Apples+ 6 Bananas in a basket. Did we learn math like this?

It is understood but not clearly articulated by any one. So, now I will get criticism from many and they will say Jaimin has said this (just a hypothetical book)? My grad father use to teach this way!. You see where I am going. So, the best way is to find a local group and enjoy the conversations. I had been there and learned many lessons. Indians in general, are opiniated and argumentative without giving any proof. A friend visiting from USA sai, Indians come to USA start business and become arrogant, highly opiniated and treat others as stupid. They will all be throuwn out eventually. They are smart but not perception smart.

Unfortunately, friendship is not automatic. So, the best way is to find a science/math forum etc. Also finding time to respond and ability to understand the replies are opinion and does not mean insult is very difficult. If you are broad minded you can write here provided it will be helpful some one else.

Sharing knowledge is part of Brahman Dharma, but most effective, leas offensive and effective communication is almost impossible.

Here is a helpful observation: When I asked what is mathematics, people always give examples and not definition. What is the difference between Geometry and Trigonometry? What is Algebra? What i Statistics? No text book defines these terms with real life example. If you try to explain, they think you are arrogant and too proud!.

Here is an answer: A triangle in geometry shape, provides the scalar (numerical ) value of the sides. A right angled triangle, the hypotenuse is given by the square root of the sum of the square of the other two sides.

If you add direction and angle to move on the hypotenuse, it is called vector. Thus, if you add a vector to a right angled triangle, it is Trigonometry. Trigonometry is a progeny of Geometry. How do we know? When you climb a ladder or staircase or a vertical coconut tree, you need to know the direction of movement - going up or coming down, what is the angle at which the hypotenuse is observed, thus one can calculate the force needed to climb up or down.

Arithmetic is a quantitative adjective of a homogeneous, proper named solid object and thus is called countability. Five Bananas is an example. However, if you have several related such groups (or sets) of homogenous proper named objects and that can be referenced by a common name, we create Algebra. Thus,, Fruits is a Common name for 5 Oanges + 3 Apples+ 6 Bananas in a basket. Did we learn math like this?

It is understood but not clearly articulated by any one. So, now I will get criticism from many and they will say Jaimin has said this (just a hypothetical book)? My grad father use to teach this way!. You see where I am going. So, the best way is to find a local group and enjoy the conversations. I had been there and learned many lessons. Indians in general, are opiniated and argumentative without giving any proof. A friend visiting from USA sai, Indians come to USA start business and become arrogant, highly opiniated and treat others as stupid. They will all be throuwn out eventually. They are smart but not perception smart.
Please say in a few words what is differentiation and what is integration to a fresh mind trying to understand what are these. Thanks

Your reply reminds me of the dialogue of vijay movie Nanban about definition of book

I need friends to interact online/Offline with interest in any of the following.
1)Learn and Improve Chess
2)Discuss Science/Math
3)Interested in Tamil literature.Share knowledge.
4)Travel (Domestic/Abroad)
Prefer VRS/Retired and singles
[email protected]
Is it not obvious, that you can use this forum?
But you only want to hear your opinions and from people of a similar opinion, create a podcast. Unfortuatly honest friends may disagree with you.

Your reply reminds me of the dialogue of vijay movie Nanban about definition of book
I have not seen this movie. I seldom watch movies. The criteria set by the seeker can lead only to a small group and they must read his post. People to to major events to find one or two good friends with similar interest. For example, when you go to a Music Kacheri, you form friendship with some one who also likes the music like you. However, forming a friendship is not easy. Yes, one can find an acquaintance but friendship develops over a period of time. This gentle man is genuine and say wants only (Prefer) VRS/Retired and singles and are there associations for them? So, it takes a long time and patience and a lot of work. He wants to travel with a similar minded person. That means full trust is required. Can one find out immediately.

So, the saying, a good friend and a good teacher needs extensive search.

Now, if this forum has a section for : VRS/Retired and singles - then searching will be easy. Also a name sake friend in USA can not obviously form friendship with them. Thus locality should be specified. Then, if the two have almost similar education, employment and other qualification, it might work out. Honest friends never disagree but ask for explanation to understand anything.

We do form friendship in train travel in India and only very very few end up as close friends. Even in office environment, finding really trustworthy friend is not easy.

Most carry burden on their shoulders. In general, childhood friendship lasts longer.

Also look at the list of possibilities – how many will meet all these qualifications?

So to be realistic will avoid disappointments. Hope he finds at least one such real good friend.

Please say in a few words what is differentiation and what is integration to a fresh mind trying to understand what are these. Thanks
Good challenging questions. Thanks for asking.

If two are more related quantities affect at least one other quantity of an object, then how any change in one quantity will affect the other is the differentiation. For example, age and strength, weight and PB, speed and consumption etc. So, if you say carry a big box on your shoulder and tries to climb an Indian Railway station stairs, the strain on you will increase due to your age and you may even fall back. Ask a simple question: If a tank has 50 gallons of water and if the spout can discharge a cup (say 16 Oz) water how much time it will take to empty the tank? Here the rate at which water is discharged and the water pressure will be involved. Not a linear time say, 6400 Ozs/ (16/128) US measurement!

When liquids, gases, sound etc., which can not be counted, you add a very small quantity at a time to reduce the error in measurement and arrive at an approximate measurement. Since the error is involved in the measurement, you say, between this limit(of measurement) this will be the value. So, when you say I am driving at 55KM per hour, it is not 55Km rather it could be between 54.2 to say 56.5. That is why, in integration, we use graphical visual method to measure things. In Arithmetic and Algebra in general, you get an approximate numerical measure and any error will be on the decimal place or fraction.

So, even though you need arithmetic methods to calculate, you still can use other measures such as, Algebra, Calculus and so on, but must come back to arithmetic if a numerical value is needed.

So, arithmetic is the stem of an umbrella and all other branches are attached to it like the ribs and cover over the stem.

If you look at any text book, they will start with a definition, but not with any real life example. It is difficult but not impossible. Based on the observation and coming with a theory is “inductive reasoning”. Newton found his theorem in that way. Actually it is claimed that he stole “Acharya Kande’s – Gujarat scholar) theorem. See:the PDF.

Now, most text books starts with a theorem and provide proof with an example. This is what children memorize but can not solve real life problems. Thus neither the teacher has the inductive reasoning nor they teach with once in a while brilliant teacher who change your life.

So, I was very angry at many of my math teachers and started working on my own to understand mathematics (not all higher level math).

Here is another example: Ask any one to define “What is statistics” in this forum and I will give the definition later.

Understanding Algebra was tricky. There were no definition until `10th century when decimal system was established by al-Khwarizmi in today’s Iraq, decimal notation originally created by Ariya Bhatta for astronomical calculation, expanded by Brahma Gupta teaching Profit-loss to Arab traders and so on. It might have been known to others but documentation is lacking. So, 1760 text book is still used with new text books – old wine in new bottle. There is one great scholar Dr. Venkatasubramanian at IIT Bombay is the authority on this subject.

I need friends to interact online/Offline with interest in any of the following.
2)Discuss Science/Math
[email protected]
Sir..you could start threads on the topics you have listed.
Those who have similar interest would respond.

If two are more related quantities affect at least one other quantity of an object, then how any change in one quantity will affect the other is the differentiation. For example, age and strength, weight and PB, speed and consumption etc. So, if you say carry a big box on your shoulder and tries to climb an Indian Railway station stairs, the strain on you will increase due to your age and you may even fall back. Ask a simple question: If a tank has 50 gallons of water and if the spout can discharge a cup (say 16 Oz) water how much time it will take to empty the tank? Here the rate at which water is discharged and the water pressure will be involved. Not a linear time say, 6400 Ozs/ (16/128) US measurement!

When liquids, gases, sound etc., which can not be counted, you add a very small quantity at a time to reduce the error in measurement and arrive at an approximate measurement. Since the error is involved in the measurement, you say, between this limit(of measurement) this will be the value. So, when you say I am driving at 55KM per hour, it is not 55Km rather it could be between 54.2 to say 56.5. That is why, in integration, we use graphical visual method to measure things. In Arithmetic and Algebra in general, you get an approximate numerical measure and any error will be on the decimal place or fraction.

So, even though you need arithmetic methods to calculate, you still can use other measures such as, Algebra, Calculus and so on, but must come back to arithmetic if a numerical value is needed.

So, arithmetic is the stem of an umbrella and all other branches are attached to it like the ribs and cover over the stem.

If you look at any text book, they will start with a definition, but not with any real life example. It is difficult but not impossible. Based on the observation and coming with a theory is “inductive reasoning”. Newton found his theorem in that way. Actually it is claimed that he stole “Acharya Kande’s – Gujarat scholar) theorem. See:the PDF.

Now, most text books starts with a theorem and provide proof with an example. This is what children memorize but can not solve real life problems. Thus neither the teacher has the inductive reasoning nor they teach with once in a while brilliant teacher who change your life.

So, I was very angry at many of my math teachers and started working on my own to understand mathematics (not all higher level math).

Here is another example: Ask any one to define “What is statistics” in this forum and I will give the definition later.

Understanding Algebra was tricky. There were no definition until `10th century when decimal system was established by al-Khwarizmi in today’s Iraq, decimal notation originally created by Ariya Bhatta for astronomical calculation, expanded by Brahma Gupta teaching Profit-loss to Arab traders and so on. It might have been known to others but documentation is lacking. So, 1760 text book is still used with new text books – old wine in new bottle. There is one great scholar Dr. Venkatasubramanian at IIT Bombay is the authority on this subject.
Actually its not the fault of Al Khawrizmi..I read an arabic article about him where he clearly stated that decimal notation was created by Arya Bhatt.

He only expanded on it but when the knowledge reached Europe it was the Europeans who did not acknowledge Arya Bhatt and ended up coining the word Algorithm..deriving it from the name of Al Khwarizmi.

Actually its not the fault of Al Khawrizmi..I read an arabic article about him where he clearly stated that decimal notation was created by Arya Bhatt.

He only expanded on it but when the knowledge reached Europe it was the Europeans who did not acknowledge Arya Bhatt and ended up coining the word Algorithm..deriving it from the name of Al Khwarizmi.
Algeba(r) is the basis. Al Kharzmi got a Persian translation of the Brahma Gupta's book and the Sultan of Iraq who patronized science etc., like the MIT, Stanford etc., got it translated and that via Italy (Rome Vatican did not like any thing else) got to Newton etc. The history of Mathematics tells lots of stories and written document. Al Khawrizmi did not steal. One north Indian scholar who was versatile both in Sanskrit and Persian translated it.
I was trying to each Algebra to my sons, and I had to make them understand thus, I ended up spending hundreds of hours of learning about the history of mathematics. It turns out, that no proper named object could be squared such as (2Apple +3 Bannna) ^2 which will be abusurd ? So, only symbols were introduced for calculations. If you imagine an Arab trader telling his servant, Abdul, send (2Apple +3 Bannna) ^2 to Maula Inbrahim, how would the servant react? This funny scenario forced me to rething about Algebra, Trigonometry etc. My children enjoyed and love mathematics now.
So, I do not blame any one, rather try to see Why is mathematics too difficult to learn for most students. The typical answer is that is the way it is.
Sorry this is not the right forum and just gave an example to illustrate why it is difficult to communicate in general.

I thank Al Kharzmi for explicating Algebra.

Algeba(r) is the basis. Al Kharzmi got a Persian translation of the Brahma Gupta's book and the Sultan of Iraq who patronized science etc., like the MIT, Stanford etc., got it translated and that via Italy (Rome Vatican did not like any thing else) got to Newton etc. The history of Mathematics tells lots of stories and written document. Al Khawrizmi did not steal. One north Indian scholar who was versatile both in Sanskrit and Persian translated it.
I was trying to each Algebra to my sons, and I had to make them understand thus, I ended up spending hundreds of hours of learning about the history of mathematics. It turns out, that no proper named object could be squared such as (2Apple +3 Bannna) ^2 which will be abusurd ? So, only symbols were introduced for calculations. If you imagine an Arab trader telling his servant, Abdul, send (2Apple +3 Bannna) ^2 to Maula Inbrahim, how would the servant react? This funny scenario forced me to rething about Algebra, Trigonometry etc. My children enjoyed and love mathematics now.
So, I do not blame any one, rather try to see Why is mathematics too difficult to learn for most students. The typical answer is that is the way it is.
Sorry this is not the right forum and just gave an example to illustrate why it is difficult to communicate in general.

I thank Al Kharzmi for explicating Algebra.
I wanted to share the review of this book which describes Srinivasa Ramanujan in poetry. Can someone infer about the numbers the reviewer talks about I will be happy to take

Please contact Prof. V. Ramasubramanian, Authority on Veda Mathematics, IIT Bombay and I am sure he will explin it very clearly.
Just by reading it, he says that once you take two minutes from my place to reach the University- say 500 yards or less, I have to walk a long distance inside the Universtiy to reach my research place, during night if you watch outside the train, it appears the speed of the train is slow, thus gives the illusion that Oxford is coming towards you. In Sound, when a train passes a person moving in the same direction will feel it moving less fast than the other way. So, he is joking the illusion of the slow train.
But in reality this just a guess. May be hopefully some one from USA will provide a better explanation.

Two dependent object can also have the differential property. For example, when price of any thing goes up, the consumption goes down at a given ratio ; when husband is angry, the wife's mental status or stress my increase by some ratio(what is the ratio is not known). It seems that two or more properties of the same object or properties of two are more independent objects with some relation to each with ratio analysis will have this property. Indepdent objects in not the same as independent objects without any relationship at all. Thus, if x and y are two variables (of the same object or two related objects) if they have a ratio relationship such as x/y, then change in x will affect the change in the y. If the change is directionally proportional, then for every unit of change in x will produce the given amount of y change.
d/dx is the way differentials are shown in text books.

We need to rewrite all mathematics books starting with real life example, then people will not say I don't need math for job. Every one needs and only the amount will vary. I hate math. I am scared of math are all the result of poorly written and poorly taught math. So, you may say why don't you do some thing. That is what is my hobby now and I have written understanding Arithmetic, understanding algebra and understanding trigonometry and is working on Calclus and differentation. My best Math. rofessor friends don't want to go there. Hopefully it will come out as a pioneering book if I live that long.

More clarification:

If two variables (or objects) have 1;1 relationship, shipping cost goes up, price of goods go up; weight gain goes up, BP goes up by the similar amount; all mangoes belong to mango group, thus solid mangoes can be counted :arithmetic; 1:m one to many relationship is if one object or property of an object changes, it may affect many related objects or properties such as, one father dies affect many family members; climate change affects animals, plants, increased global temperature...; m:m many to many dependency will affect many properties of many objects, say metals will affect their cost, long term environment damages, conductivity, malleability,...

What is not done is to teach such relationships in real life and then show mathematically (symbolically) how they are related and how to make use of them. Engineering and medical research do this, but not ordinary college education. For example, when we learn Tamil or English command over the syntax, vocabulary, humor, intonation, presentation etc., not only affect your grade but also your relationship with your family, office relationship etc. So, it is not for just learning but to apply in every situation which can not be taught but should be investigated by a student.

This long write is not for showing how much I know, rather a sad feeling, gosh if I had known this earlier in my life I could have done X,Y,Z in my family life, office, romance..

So, while the question was simple, its ramification is enormous

I found the following introduction missing in my response:

I forgot to explain that in Static systems say, Total Payment = Cost of Apples + Cost of Banana, simple arithmetic or algebra is enough. However when you have dynamic systems say, velocity of wind and the amount of sand it will spread, you need dependent ratio analysis. That is the rate at which a variable changes either in space or time or both affects or influences the other related dependent variables is the study of differential equation. That is, it is related to dynamic system in general.

Please contact Prof. V. Ramasubramanian, Authority on Veda Mathematics, IIT Bombay and I am sure he will explin it very clearly.
Just by reading it, he says that once you take two minutes from my place to reach the University- say 500 yards or less, I have to walk a long distance inside the Universtiy to reach my research place, during night if you watch outside the train, it appears the speed of the train is slow, thus gives the illusion that Oxford is coming towards you. In Sound, when a train passes a person moving in the same direction will feel it moving less fast than the other way. So, he is joking the illusion of the slow train.
But in reality this just a guess. May be hopefully some one from USA will provide a better explanation.
The Doppler effect or Doppler shift (or simply Doppler, when in context) is the change in frequency of a wave in relation to an observer who is moving relative to the wave source. It is named after the Austrian physicist Christian Doppler, who described the phenomenon in 1842.

Dopplerfrequenz.gif

I found the following introduction missing in my response:

I forgot to explain that in Static systems say, Total Payment = Cost of Apples + Cost of Banana, simple arithmetic or algebra is enough. However when you have dynamic systems say, velocity of wind and the amount of sand it will spread, you need dependent ratio analysis. That is the rate at which a variable changes either in space or time or both affects or influences the other related dependent variables is the study of differential equation. That is, it is related to dynamic system in general.
Here is a draft of my response with some examples. These are my personal notes and is not based on detailed research. i am sharing it the way I understand and have been teaching to my sons.
Hope it is useful and you can suggest what is missing etc., so that I can ask my brain the same question.
Thanks.

Sorry my pictures are not that clear.
Unfortuntely the PDF generated may not render properly well . So I had tried another one. If tht is not clear, I can post one without drawings - drawing sused LiberOffice Draw .
Let me try once more and see if you can read that. Thanks for the feed back.
2)Discuss Science/Math
[email protected]
Please do not think that I was attacking . I am aware of the need and difficulties to find honest, trust worthy and lively companion for travel and discussions. The best way is to visit the humor society at T'nagar, visiting scholarly meetings, conferences etc., and you might encounter a person or group you like becuase your values and their match. If you can meet some one with a jovial extrovert person your travel and journies will be nice.
I use to lead a group of five people with the condition that they should listen to me and do nothing that will bring harm to any one. So, we had visited more places and Nepal without a hitch. However on one occasion one of the guys did not follow my instructions - do not bring camera to Nepal, otherwise we have to register and they may give us trouble. But he did. It was with difficulty and tricky plan we got out, otherise the checkpoint guys would have confiscated the camera as it was a nice borrowed one.
Your goals are many and finding with those requirement, you might search IIT and other higher learning place and find retired guys who can play Chess, good in maths and science etc.
I do realize that without intention if I have hurt your feeling, I apologize for the hurt.
What you are looking is a person with "domain general intelligence" one with versality and like with one with knowledge umbrella. I hope you find one and enjoy your travel.
Again since you have the sam Atma, I apologiize to your athma.
Thanks for the understanding.

Attachments

• What is Calcuus and Differentialo equation_Oc t-2021.pdf
    319.7 KB · Views: 59
Here is a draft of my response with some examples. These are my personal notes and is not based on detailed research. i am sharing it the way I understand and have been teaching to my sons.
Hope it is useful and you can suggest what is missing etc., so that I can ask my brain the same question.
Thanks.

Unfortuntely the PDF generated may not render properly well . So I had tried another one. If tht is not clear, I can post one without drawings - drawing sused LiberOffice Draw .

Please do not think that I was attacking . I am aware of the need and difficulties to find honest, trust worthy and lively companion for travel and discussions. The best way is to visit the humor society at T'nagar, visiting scholarly meetings, conferences etc., and you might encounter a person or group you like becuase your values and their match. If you can meet some one with a jovial extrovert person your travel and journies will be nice.
I use to lead a group of five people with the condition that they should listen to me and do nothing that will bring harm to any one. So, we had visited more places and Nepal without a hitch. However on one occasion one of the guys did not follow my instructions - do not bring camera to Nepal, otherwise we have to register and they may give us trouble. But he did. It was with difficulty and tricky plan we got out, otherise the checkpoint guys would have confiscated the camera as it was a nice borrowed one.
Your goals are many and finding with those requirement, you might search IIT and other higher learning place and find retired guys who can play Chess, good in maths and science etc.
I do realize that without intention if I have hurt your feeling, I apologize for the hurt.
What you are looking is a person with "domain general intelligence" one with versality and like with one with knowledge umbrella. I hope you find one and enjoy your travel.
Thanks.

I would appreciate if you can share your reaction - what was clear or what was not. In general in my presentation or representation. The writer thinks that he/she expressed the ideas clear, preciously and completely until some one comes back and say - I don't understand this. So, your help would be appreciated. I am writing these ideas first for me to understand which I did not, but used these ideas for my education cursing the teachers. Most would say, "that is how things are". It became clear when you study the history of math, and until 1760 Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, developed calculus ( more details in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mathematics ) and we are teaching following those earlier text books – I am not talking about the contents but the way to teach.

So, when you read a text book, it will say “assume there is a Cukko bird…” When I have not see it or know what is it, in general I get struck up.

While this is not a mathematical or teaching forum, I am sharing my thoughts so that I can learn. I was sitting near a student of my friend. He was angry in that his first chapter on Signal Processing (speech, sound, telecommunication..) there is a word noise introduced without any explanation. So, he ways what the hell is this noise? My friend smiled and said, he (I) will explain to you. So, the boy looked at me. I said like one of my best teacher, boy, have you seen your mother picking small kallu (stones) in her rice vessal? Yes he said. Can you eat the stone. He sarcastically said, no, it will break your teeth.

Then I said, similar to granite or quartz stone in rice is not rice, it is junk and any junk is technically called “noise”. So, when you hear All India radio news or music, do you hear :gorr… “ and that is called static noise, if some one is also talking at the background when the recording is being done, that is “dynamic noise”… He smiled, OH ! Any thing unwanted in communication is noise!.

So, unless people say what is clear and what is not, we can not rewrite what we write to convey correct information. You will see this is the reason for “family fight”- why don’t you put the shoes in the shelf ? - rather, our child will crawl on the floor, so would you mind to put your shoes inside the storage area” – how many tell the actual intention.

Sorry for the long rant. Please help me.

Latest ads

Back