• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

location - dark side of the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri.Kunjuppu, I chuckled..

My earlier set 'location' was India, until our Mod. asked me to reveal my TB ID card (not Tuberculosis!) before posting in sensitive topics. Instead, I moved away and got 'obscured by clouds' and futher jet packed to 'The Dark Side of Moon'.

However, I have hired a re-conditioned Apollo-11 for making quick 'Madras trips', to take part in the 'Integration of Tamil Tribes' thread!! Couldn't resist the temptation ,so, clipped the Tamil insignia in my coat of arms!

If I were to share the feelings of being in DSOTM... yes, without revealing identity, its become, so convenient to take any 'U'Turn in discussion,change colours like Chameleon, topsy-turvy talks like Cho Ramasamy and above all, it also gives the pleasure of shooting from some one's shoulders. I'm so mean, i guess!!

Re my taste, I share a good accomodation with 2 Floyds..Pink Floyd for music and Keith Floyd for his TV cookery show 'Floyd's India'.

Btw, I would dedicate this song of Pink FLoyd to our Strict Pedagogue Moderator..:"Hey ! Teachers ! Leave them kids alone ! . All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw

(watch the emotions of this teacher,when he faces his wife in dining table..We all would imagined our teachers this way, in our school)

Once I played it in my 7th sem college fest, and ended up in getting a strong punishment by princi's secret order expedited through his KGB agent (thermo prof.). I had to take it on the chin, for he put an 'kozhi muttai'(zero) in my practical paper. I pray, Mod. wont take his scissors now... Jokingly !!

Having said that, I love our Mod.Shri.KRS, if not for his well balanced judicious moderation, I wouldnt have been so much addicted to this forum.In the absence of mod's photo identity, I can only imagine him, like that 'British teacher' :)

So I say... i invite you all to 'The Dark Side Of The Moon'... a convenient identity for jotting interesting /non-emotional posts, in this forum.

Last edited:
sapr,

i agree that KRS is the unsung hero of the forum. the decor and dignity of the forum, is par none.

i have eschewed all other forums in favour of this one.

i am somewhat disappointed though, that most of my posts does not solicit any responses.

in fact, you are the only one, on a regular basis replies to me. the others, i feel, are conducting a one way monlogue with the forum.

i think, 'the wall', is even a better album than 'the dark side'

one interesting backyard story about the band.

in 1975, pink floyd gave a concert in the city of hamilton, about 80 kms from toronto. hamilton is a small (300,000 population in '75) steel city, with a major university.

the fans at the end of the concert got so excited and worked up, that they went wild and trashed the city.

even now, 38 years later, the city will not permit any major band to play within its limits :(

thank you.

i am somewhat disappointed though, that most of my posts does not solicit any responses.

keep your fingers crossed... bringing out an advertisement in the local newspaper (times of india). lets hope that gets new members and much needed participation too :)

bringing out an advertisement in the local newspaper (times of india).:)

Shri.Praveen,

Somehow, I dont like TOI.. its nothing but an 'Yellow Journalism'...

My all time favourite for long years of family tradition(Grandpa to me) is "The Hindu'....Atleast you would get good class crowds, if you got to advertize there... just a thought!

i think, 'the wall', is even a better album than 'the dark side'>>

>>even now, 38 years later, the city will not permit any major band to play within its limits :(

thank you.

Shri.Kujuppu,

You said it right.. 'Dark Side' is the real classic one, and 'The Wall' is of more a commercial kind.. Like our masala movie..

The sadest part is, before the advent Internet revolution in India, I was always 20 years behind when it comes to western music.. I think Flyod must have been of my Dads taste, but off late we picked them up, when it came on Chrome tapes. We used to have some of our rock hero's poster in hostel room(amidst Gabriela Sebatini/Steffi graff), without realising that they were dead a decade ago and some times dead before we were born.Trust me, as a great fan of Beatles,I didnt know John Lennon was dead, until my college mate told me.

I've also been to one of floyd show.. The catchy slogan for selling ticket was '1 Lac watts audio power'... Tickets got sold on first week itself.... finally, on D.day,the crowd waiting out, broke the fence and barged in and created a fuzz, that the show had to wind up much before, than it was planned..

Thank God! The municipal admin didnt stop further shows..Rather, put some strict rules for issuing tickets.. Now, all show tickets are mandatorily e-tickets and can be bought only through online with proper ID cards.. No ciggy/bottles permitted in! Even,one need to tap out the shoes, in security check!

Shri.Praveen,

Somehow, I dont like TOI.. its nothing but an 'Yellow Journalism'...

My all time favourite for long years of family tradition(Grandpa to me) is "The Hindu'....Atleast you would get good class crowds, if you got to advertize there... just a thought!

The Hindu is not responding... A year or so ago, they rejected the advertisement saying they do not carry such promotions. ever since, stopped going to them.

My contact in Indian Express is not there anymore, so trying through alternate means.

TOI is good. moved to it from hindu when it came to chennai. know someone, so it is easy to push the ad through :)

Water on the Moon ?

Never did we heed to the alarm bell
Of Fast drying rivers , deepening well
Will moon quench the man’s thirst
Or will it disappoint the man’s tryst

Would parched throats look to the sky
Will souls stop at the moon as bodies die
Would karma and sin any longer matter – Or St Peter
Favor only those with a bucket of water

Will this send astrologers into a jitter
Will it make horoscopes any wetter
From mineral to celestial, making a switch
Celestial water now for the very rich

Squandered chances to save the planet
Forced to look for water even in a comet
In unbridled greed we failed to nurture
Compromised the beautiful planet’s future

good to see hari back in form :) hope your busy days at work are getting a break.

ps.. also overpopulation, in addition to unbridled greed..wouldn't you say?

ps.. actually we hope hari would visit here more often..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back