• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Live at workplace and work at home??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title might make some people ask the question “Isn’t this Work/Life balance?” Not exactly, I guess.

Most of us spend at work place the most part of the time we are awake. We are so much addicted to our work place environment that we worry about our colleague’s son’s academic results or the illness of the in-law of another colleague. We feel proud and privileged to use the office furniture, equipment and stationaries. Enthusiasm at Entry,
Elation on money,
Enjoyment on Continuation,
Ever-growing pride
So continues one’s work life.

Then arrives the time to retire. The time when the employer says, “Thank you. We do not need you anymore”. We have to walk away. We had made our workplace as our (heart’s) living place but now we are thrown away. Feel clueless, disturbed, emotional… The earth underneath caves in. Sky seems to be falling on our head.

Even in one’s own business, one bends backwards to please one’s customers/clients. One has “business compulsions” of taking part in the events in the lives of other people. One gets involved with “partners” in helping them out in times of difficulties.

So, work place is not just the place where one works. One actually lives there.

Now look at the scene at home, which is supposed to be our dwelling place.

One has to do a series of daily domestic chores like cooking, dishwashing, cleaning, buying groceries, buying furniture, etc. For many people, even watching a mega serial on the television is also a work. Haven’t we heard people telling, “I
have to watch so and so serial”? They HAVE TO. That means it is part of their “routine” and there is no life there. Even performing poojas is sometimes considered a work. That is why many people tend to skip it!

So, it is work, work and more work at home. There is little time left to live.

What changed the dynamism? Why did the work place become a place of living and home a place of work?
I would like to hear from our members.

I feel, the reason behind working place becoming absolute dwelling place with sense of bondage and satisfaction is, the lack of personal happiness in relationships and the desired attentions in home.

A house work turns out to be just a work and the house just as a work place, fulfilling daily chores as one's duty, including spending time before TV, watching serials etc.etc, due to the same reason as above.

A person who is lucky to have a happy home, happy relationship, happy official environment, happy & pleasant home environment and sense of togetherness with mutual respect and care would find HOME as a HOME with pleasurable home work and Office too as his/her HOME with official work and with official-personal friendship.

When good things are lacking, we can find people hating their Work Place and or hating their Home.

What about us the house-wives
who LIVE and WORK in the same place
as years, months and days roll on,
but never have the time to get bored,
nor go out of job, nor feel not-wanted,
without the earth caving underneath
or the sky falling apart overhead!!!

(Whew I too made a meaningful and
LONG breath taking sentence today!)

The demand of a business to increase productivity forces the employees to be squeezed. The employees grateful for the job becomes a willing slave of the job. The technology has enslaved us to our job. Our increased attachment to wealth, dependence on credit, and greed keeps us chained.

Like Mrs. VR said, housewife's work never ends. There is no financial reward either. They have to satisfied with the work itself and generally it is thankless.

Ravi's post hits the nail on the head with the opening lines
"I feel, the reason behind working place becoming absolute dwelling place with sense of bondage and satisfaction is, the lack of personal happiness in relationships and the desired attentions in home."

VRji and prasad1 ji's posts reflect the practical picture.

Thank you all for your inputs.

What about us the house-wives
who LIVE and WORK in the same place
as years, months and days roll on,
but never have the time to get bored,
nor go out of job, nor feel not-wanted,
without the earth caving underneath
or the sky falling apart overhead!!!

(Whew I too made a meaningful and
LONG breath taking sentence today!)

I had been pondering why women do all those things I have stated above without the harmful side effects like earth caving in or sky falling apart.

Then it dawned on me. Women make themselves useful - in every possible way, wherever that are. They may not know much but they are willing to learn what becomes necessary for survivl.

They will do anything to keep their loved ones happy and comfortable - instead wishing that all of them together should make her happy and comfortable.

She does not stay away unconnected with the family for any reason. The joy of making others happy is enough to make her happy!

Otherwise Why would women with many health complains carry on with their household chores as if nothing is wrong with them?

Why does the aunty whose left arm keeps coming off its socket just pushes it back in and goes about her business?

Why do women keep awake until every single member who has gone out returns home safely?

Why do they offer the best food to others and are happy with the left overs morsels?

They really CARE for others.

It is that quality THAT KEEPS THEM NEVER BORED, NEVER OUT OF

JOB, NEVER LONELY, UNWANTED AND WRETCHED.

Have you heard this saying before?

"I don't CARE how much you KNOW! :mmph:

I want to KNOW how much you CARE!"
icon3.png

That is the thought living in everybody's mind

and that is what makes them useful/lonely or heart broken.

Wonderful post, VRji!:clap2:

I thought you will ask why I think that women are more willing to learn things they need to know.

In my family circle the women have learnt to use the V.C.R, the washing machine, the grinding machine, the mobile phone the P.C and the lap top to name just a few, better than the menfolk.

The men draw blank in all these fields. THEY DO NOT WANT TO learn anything new. (P.C.and laptop may be the exceptions since they need them for office use also.)

In on incident the list of medicines needed by a lady was sent by SMS by her husband to all the contacts by a single click in the wrong place.

Then the packet stated arriving brought in by the friends who thought that the medicines were needed urgently by the sender.

To this day he does not know how he did it. But that is good in a way or else he may try it again! :)

I am aware that women are willing to learn much more than men. That is why I did not ask why you think so. Men have a more mundane life but are aggressive in their attempts to keep the women under their control.:(

akshara laksham thanthen thanthen! :popcorn:

I remember some old ladies saying that

"A wife should be kept under control!":whip:

to their sons and

"A husband must be kept under control!" :mmph:

to their daughters!

ithu eppadi irukku???
:rolleyes:

I am aware that women are willing to learn much more than men. That is why I did not ask why you think so. Men have a more mundane life but are aggressive in their attempts to keep the women under their control.

One more lo...........ng sentence from me! Siva Sir escaped without answering me in the literature section!!

So, copy pasting the same Q here...

சந்தேகம் தீர்க்க முடியுமா?

'என் தாயே' என்று பெற்றோர் போற்றி,

என் மீது தம் அன்பை முழுதும் கொட்டி,

சிறுமியாக நான் பேசிய மழலைகளே
அருமை என வியந்து, கேட்டு மகிழ்ந்து,

குமரிப் பருவம் வரை மிக நேசம் காட்டி,
குணக் குன்றாகவே என்னை வளர்த்து,

நல்ல கல்விச் செல்வம் மட்டும் அன்றி,
பல்வேறு கலைகளில் சிறக்க வைத்து,

குரு பலன் வந்தது என்று, மணாளனாக
ஒருவனைக் கொணர்ந்து, மணமுடித்து,

என்னை வேறு குடும்பத்துக்கு அளிக்க,
என் ஆசைகளைப் பின்னுக்குத் தள்ளி,

நான் சேர்ந்த குடும்பம் உயர உழைத்து,
நான் பிறந்த குடும்பத்தை நெருங்கவே

அதிக சந்தர்ப்பங்கள் வராது போய்விட,
அந்திக் காலம் வரை வேறாகிப் போன

நான், எந்த விதக் கைதி எனச் சொல்லி,
என் சந்
தேகம் தீர்க்க முடியுமா, நண்பரே?

icon3.png

One needs more inspiration, involvement, attention & concentration, if
one needs instant solution without waiting for the next working day.
If that be, it may be possible to combine both living and working environment
provided one has enough potential, infrastructure and undisturbed scenario from
family routine.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back