• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

List of Chennai Temples - Temples in Chennai City

List of temples in and around Chennai
My friend from Delhi (we went to the same graduate school in early 1970's) had visited a few temples around Chennai. Among the six temples he visited, I could not the description of the following two temples. It is possible that I did not look at it closely enough. The two temples are - all the comments are by him:
1. Pratyangira temple, Sholinga nallur. Never heard that there was a goddess by this name. When Narasimha was raging even after killing Hiranyakasipu, Lord Shiva was requested by Devas to pacify him. Lord Shiva took the form of a creature with lion's face, wings of an eagle, and body of a lion. This is known as Sarabeswarar, and there is a separate temple in Kumbakonam that I saw 15 years ago. The two wings are two goddesses called soolini and Pratyangira. Some swamiji has set up a general Hindu temple with Pratyangira was the main diety. Apparently he even got a Ph.D. Recently! There was a board announcing that fact.

6. Pillaiyar Kovil, Velacheri. Never imagined that such a small place can hold a temple at a busy intersection. [ added by me I may have also visited this temple]

சென்னைக் கோயில்கள்... ஒரு வாஸ்கரின் வேண்ட&#300

சென்னை கோயில்கள் அனைத்தையும் தமிழில் கொடுத்திருந்தால், அனைவருக்குமே பயனளிக்குமே? ஏன் ஆங்கிலத்தை மட்டுமே எழுதியுள்ளீர்கள்? இன்னும் அருமையான வண்ண புகைப்படங்களையும் நவீன காலத்திற்கேட்ப சேர்த்திருந்தாலும் அழகாயிருக்குமே? செய்வீர்களா? ஆவலோடு காத்துள்ளேன்.

Latest ads

Back