• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

krishna janmashtami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The star RohiNi stars at 4-18 P.M on 28th which also happens to be the Ashtami day.

It will be best to celebrate it on 28th night (at midnight if possible) :)

images

HAPPY JANMAASHTAMI!!!!

May Krishna bless everyone here

and the members of their families.

May His message spread far and wide!

Lord Krishna at Swami Sivananda Ashram ( Divine Life Society ,Rishikesh ) , fully decorated on the occasion of Krishna Jayanthi on Wed 28 August 2013
998791_568605639867432_1171059026_n.jpg

Pardon me for the intrusion, since when did Brahmins start wishing each other in such unmistakably Western ways?

Ever since everyone started writing in English!LOL

BTW I wonder why everyone here calls themselves by the western word "Brahmin"??

As far as I know the word is Brahmana.

So it should be Tamil Brahmana.

Last edited:
Pardon me for the intrusion, since when did Brahmins start wishing each other in such unmistakably Western ways?

Man is a social animal...We can use occasions such as these (Festivals) to increase social bonding

Did not Bal Ganghadar Tilak use the Ganapathy Festival in Pune as a platform to kindle patriotic fervour amongst the people against the Colonial rule?

<edited and removed keeping in mind the beliefs and sentiments of others>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sangom

Your post # 11

The OP was a simple, plain question which was answered clearly by Tmt VR in post # 2.

I don't see any reason for this unnecessary rambling - if you've been asked to 'edit' or 'withdraw' some earlier
posts / parts of it, I guess there must've been very good reason for the same.

Yay Yem

Man is a social animal...We can use occasions such as these (Festivals) to increase social bonding

Did not Bal Ganghadar Tilak use the Ganapathy Festival in Pune as a platform to kindle patriotic fervour amongst the people against the Colonial rule?
No problem vgane, I really don't mean to intrude in your celebrations. It is just my observation, for what it is worth, this wishing "Happy Janmashatami" was not there in earlier times, this seems to be a recent invention.

regards ...

No problem vgane, I really don't mean to intrude in your celebrations. It is just my observation, for what it is worth, this wishing "Happy Janmashatami" was not there in earlier times, this seems to be a recent invention.

regards ...

The formal wishing may be recent...Otherwise the usual dialogue is "Seesanthi achha" and sharing of Vella seedai, Uppu seedai, Murukku and Thirathu pal with relatives and friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back