• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kavya Thalaivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to watch a new Tamil film Kavya Thalaivan yesterday

A good film on stage artists of pre partition era based on lives of singers K B Sundarambal and S G KIttappa

Set in early 20th century , it deals with rivalry between two theatre artists played by siddarth and prithviraj as to who will play the "RajaPart' , the principal role

in plays

The way of working of old drama companies in which destitute or poor boys were trained and brought up by Guru heading the troupes is nicely depicted.

The director vasantabalan takes you back to another era and captivating music of A R Rehman who seems to have researched a lot before composing the tunes

besides good background score is the highlight of the film. It is good in parts though not a brilliant film.

Our TB senior citizens in late seventies and eighties would definitely like it . It is a clean and interesting film which keeps one absorbed for couple of hours.

Our TB senior citizens in late seventies and eighties would definitely like it . It is a clean and interesting film which keeps one absorbed for couple of hours.

The hero is Siddharth who is a TB..He was present in the recent Super singer Junior show..He is a play back singer too

Siddharth acted in Rang de basanthi a hindi film also .Also in Kadalil sodappuvadhu eppadi. In Kavya thalaivan, He plays 25 different parts as a stage artist . very

versatile.Prthvirajs malayali accent lets him down. Nasser as Guru has done well.One of Rehmans tunes in the film has made it to itunes list

Siddharth became famous after Boys where he played a teen aged boy Munna...That film gave him the break

krish44ji,

My daughter, who is a modern young working woman, saw the movie and recommended it to me and my wife yesterday. It appears the movie is so good it touched a chord in young ones also.

We intend to go and see this week-end.

The hero is Siddharth who is a TB..He was present in the recent Super singer Junior show..He is a play back singer too

Yup..he is a TB..a cousin of actor Bharath.

Siddharth was married to a TB girl..divorced her..then had some small time relationship with Saif Ali Khan's sister but it did not work out and then had a live- in relationship with Shruti Hassan and parted ways after 1 1/2 years of being together...currently he is in a relationship with Samantha Ruth Prabhu and rumored that they might get married.

So he has married a TB before..divorced her..dated a Muslim..live in with another TB and finally might marry a Christian.

Secular guy!

Last edited:

Siddharth was married to a TB girl..divorced her..then had some small time relationship with Saif Ali Khan's sister but it did not work out and then had a live- in relationship with Shruti Hassan and parted ways after 1 1/2 years of being together...currently he is in a relationship with Samantha Ruth Prabhu and rumored that they might get married.

So he has married a TB before..divorced her..dated a Muslim..live in with another TB and finally might marry a Christian.

Secular guy!

Yeah. A bull is secular. It does not distinguish between a Jersey cow and a vechoor desi cow. LOL

Yeah. A bull is secular. It does not distinguish between a Jersey cow and a vechoor desi cow. LOL

Wow! After changing to Neelakantha..you seem to love your Vahana and know him well!LOL

Last edited:

Secular guy!

Male TB movie stars are more interested in showing their secular credentials..Even Bharath has married a Christian...Will they get less business if they marry a fellow TB..Or is they perceive that if they marry outside their community their TRP will go up...

Wow! After changing to Neelakantha..you seem to love your Vahana and know him well!LOL

Yeah. An Apsaras gave me poison and I drank it and stopped it at the upper end of my thorax. When she started chasing a temple bull I had to know the bull and his love better. Apsarases are indeed tricky. LOL.

One interesting question.

Do such theatre groups like the old groups of twenties and thirties with youngsters being put into a company with a guru still exist in tamilnadu.?

I had heard of drama groups of TKS brothers , seva stage of sahasranamam, or manohars group and some urban groups in theatre business .

drama groups of well known persons performing in rural areas seem to be extinct with advent of cinemas.

Yeah. An Apsaras gave me poison and I drank it and stopped it at the upper end of my thorax. When she started chasing a temple bull I had to know the bull and his love better. Apsarases are indeed tricky. LOL.

Yet again I see the Shaivite in you.

The Apsaras worship you as in:

Namanti rishayo deva namanty apsara sanganaa
Nara namanti devesham nakaraya namo namah

Male TB movie stars are more interested in showing their secular credentials..Even Bharath has married a Christian...Will they get less business if they marry a fellow TB..Or is they perceive that if they marry outside their community their TRP will go up...

After crossing 70, a popular TB Tamil Actor married a Christian lady. The marriage was performed in Kapaleeswar Temple and a church in Besant Nagar.

Another actor's daughter who is from a family of actors, married a Bengali, divorced and married a British. The marriage of Iyengar and British (Christian ?) marriage was performed in Kapaleeswarar Temple.

Film personalities VAZHI THANI VAZHI.

One interesting question.

Do such theatre groups like the old groups of twenties and thirties with youngsters being put into a company with a guru still exist in tamilnadu.?

I had heard of drama groups of TKS brothers , seva stage of sahasranamam, or manohars group and some urban groups in theatre business .

drama groups of well known persons performing in rural areas seem to be extinct with advent of cinemas.

Bharathi Raja's films changed the fate of Studios. Almost all studios are gone. Even cinema has changed a lot. Change is inevitable.

Of course, There is no change for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back