• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kathula Poo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balinese Hindus after worshipping sport poo behind their ears .

Poo plays a prominent part in their worship.By poo I mean flower

Gods are colour coded.Black and white squares on cloth around pillar for. Siva,orange for Vishnu and yellow for brahma.

In Archana plate of very small rectangular plate they carry single poo of different colours plus agarbati ,food fresh cooked rice.After worship,they keep the poo behind ears.Most Balinese are religeous

Even in theppa. Kulam they insist on sarongs wearing,prohibit foreigners.Women are barred on certain days of the month,

In Jakarta there are many dilapidated temples...Even inside the zoo where we can find very old temples more than 1000 years old present

I have seen many in and around my place place the flowers behind the ears. Not sure if this is a sign of anything, but perhaps only a matter of convenience. In those days, I have seen people with a pen or pencil tucked on top of their ear while working... carpenters do that regularly.

Shakuntala wears flowers as ornaments!

attachment.php

Source: Manju Warrier Shakunthala Dance

Attachments

• Manju-Warrier-Shakuntala-Performance-dance.jpg
    Manju-Warrier-Shakuntala-Performance-dance.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,628
Last edited:
I told the guide in the largest temple in Bali that I am a Hindu and I went thru the ritual of Kathua poo.

The temple priests were women.

First prayer to Eshwar with theertham to be taken in our temples and flower to be thrown overhead..

Next round is for Trimuthis Vishnu,Siva. And Brahma.theetham to be taken in Palm and consumed and flower to be put behind ears.

Last round is for all Gods ,same rituals and some more single poo for putting behind ears.

Finally Dakshina for priests who put it in temple box.

They also have the Hindu varna system.
In the largest temple they have separate praying places for family Gods,separate ones for professionals b lack smiths ,masons etc in addition to common temple for all..

.......... There was some news about காத்தல poo! ...........
Once a reader Ramasami asked writer Sujatha whether it is true that some airlines empty the toilet tanks in mid air.

The answer was, "bayappadAdheenga Ramasami; adhu unga thaliyilE vizhAdhu!" ;)

In the colloquial languages words from various languages are strung together.
So sometimes it is good to give an implied meaning, so there is no misunderstanding.

The phrase 'kAdhula poo' in Tamil means cheating / lying! :)

(Those who wear flower on their ears are usually naive and innocent) :baby:

In the colloquial languages words from various languages are strung together.
So sometimes it is good to give an implied meaning, so there is no misunderstanding.

Sometimes even literary language lands in this ' poo' like. funny situations - Small irrigation is promoted by government as சிறநீர் பாசனம்!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back