• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kallidaikurichi Madasamy

The tribals in my country plant Lemon grass to keep away mosquitoes..hence we now have commercial lemon grass extracts mosquito repellent.

Young papaya leaves are crushed and the juice is used as a meat tenderiser..and in medical science the same extract which contains papain is used to decrease swelling.

If a curry is too chilli hot add tamarind juice or lime juice to decrease the chilli hot effect.

Kaffir lime is cut into halves and put at window sills as an air refreshner

Crushed guava leaves are crushed and used to ward off rodents.

Coffee waste and used tea leaves are used as organic fertilizers..again not an unknown fact.
Its so common out here.

Rose hip is used as treatment in western herbal cough syrups along with ivy leaves extract.

There is a type of ginger here called Halia Bara(Red ginger) which has a very hot heaty feel to it when made into a juice..used for joint pains and problems with wind in the body, for sinusitis etc..not to be taken often cos its very strong on the gut.

So you see..none of us know something that others dont always know.
What we know another might not know and what others know we might not know.

Most important fact is none of us are discovering anything..we are just recycling information.

Please take a random survey and find out the % of people know the facts you had stated. Tips are then useless.
The point every thing is known to nature, animals...?

Agreed, but what about in India? that is the question.
What are you thinking people in India dont know anything?

Simple stuff like drinking alcohol, they know to eat it with some fried protein.

Mostly if you see, the guys who visit alcohol shops by the road side drink and eat some fried eggs or fish.

Why?
Cos presence of oil and protein retards the sudden rise of alcohol in the body..so the kickku is a slow and steady rise and this allows a person to consume more.

How did they know all these?
Well, I studied it from medical books but the guy who is having a quarter cutting, he inherited this knowledge from the keen power of observation of his elders.

Dont worry about India, they know their stuff well.

Last edited:
What are you thinking people in India dont know anything?

Simple stuff like drinking alcohol, they know to eat it with some fried protein.

Mostly if you see, the guys who visit alcohol shops by the road side drink and eat some fried eggs or fish.

Why?
Cos presence of oil and protein retards the sudden rise of alcohol in the body..so the kickku is a slow and steady rise and this allows a person to consume more.

How did they know all these?
Well, I studied it from medical books but the guy who is having a quarter cutting, he inherited this knowledge from the keen power of observation of his elders.

Dont worry about India, they know their stuff well.
Or his Party working father? ! Well said. Your medicine and their medicine are opposie of each other. :)=

Unfortnately, even among Bahman community organizations, they do not allow others contact is not allowed. **** menas it is blocked and I don't know why? Jews are organized and able to survive among hostile environment, but Brahmans never cooperate. A sad state. All ego statements in this sie show that they have not done extensive community services. I had done it form childhood - I don't know why - and write here based on actual experiences.
So, lots of questions can not be answered here as we see more dogma and prescriptions rather than some one actually leading the services. We make more noise than actual actions.

I did receive some help here. And whoever replied have been helpful with sharing what information they know. But I was hoping that my gothram people from Kallidaikurichi can probably help. Unfortunately not much has been passed on by the elders in our family and we don't know any dhayadhis too.

I did receive some help here. And whoever replied have been helpful with sharing what information they know. But I was hoping that my gothram people from Kallidaikurichi can probably help. Unfortunately not much has been passed on by the elders in our family and we don't know any dhayadhis too.
If you try the Tamilnadu Brahman Association, Chennai Branch they might help. I don't have their address.

Our kuladeivam is Pilavadi Sastha. This temple is around fields. Go to Sankaran Kovil on the banks of Tambrabarni, from kallidai thru an auto, cross a canal thru a bridge which was constructed by our Pilavadi Sastha Samajam for access. On the right side of Sastha temple this Madasami coil is there. I have seen Brahmins come and do vazhipadu. Earlier there was only deity Madasami with cow face and raised hands with a weapon/stick. After we renovated our temple, they also renovated with compound and named it as Sastha, perhaps at the request of Brahmin devotees of the deity for more people to come. In Sankaran Kovil, one Rajamani Paatter is there since long, he may be able to throw some more light on your query. There is Sadai Udayar Samajam/Trust at Sreevarahapuram street, Kallidaikurichi. There are rooms to stay on payment. There are houses at sreevarahapuram to do catering service on payment. The manager can also throw some light. Sadai Udayar Kovil is different from Madasami Kovil. I hope this information may help you.

Latest ads

Back