• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Justice league! Some Nyaya/Dharma Questions...

A

agopal

1) Krishna had always sided Dharma wherever it points to. Suppose for e.g Dharma points to the Souls /lives who were innocent and caught between crossfires and who's life had been cut short mercilessly in an totally irrelevant wars/actions of humans w.r.t to their life, and, needless to say there is a whole bunch of them through ages. Essentially, right now Righteousness scale tips towards the dead. What should he do? Bear in mind, it will affect the living ones!

2) Jesus, Nakeerar etc. are some examples in our stories who have "risen" from the dead. Whomsoever was responsible for that, God in the case of Jesus, Shiva in the case of Nakeerar, or Others in several other stories (such as Tarakasura) and boat load of people who were brought back from the dead ...did they do the correct thing? If so, then why in stories such as Harry Potter the villain Voldemont who is truly trying his best to come back from the dead considered wrong? Why is it OK for Jesus and Not OK for Voldemont? Who would know what they would do after they come back from the dead? You might say, one would be evil and the other would not be...but that means this particular "bring-back-from-dead" power doesn't apply uniformly! Isn't that bad?

3) Markandeya, Hanuman, Mahabali are purportedly good immortals. However, If Immortals cause countless Murders to happen, how should they be punished? Remember they are immortals! On the dead front, there are powerful "Brahmarakshshas" who are Brahman realized rakshasas. How should they be punished? Remember, they are dead!

4) Illegal immortality should be punished by _________________

5) If everything in our world is Maya/Simulation and some "higher" level beings such as MahakaalaBhairava/MahakaalaBhairavi, could potentially pull the plug on the Simulation, what should he be looking for to *Not* pull the plug? Remember, Traditionally, Pralaya is not new... and it is such a simple job to pull the plug. In fact, All Kaalabhairava needs to do is Laugh Aloud to End it all, Attahasa binna padma janda kosa santhatheem, for e.g... Remember, Destroying anything is Way Way easier than building something, particularly, if it is done by some one else besides the actual builder who have no way of knowing How hard it was! So, through the ages, the "destroyers" need not be very "creative" and all one needs is Rage to end it all - Narasimha Avatar included!! The question is suppose you were asked him to give a directive saying - if these these properties are met then do not pull the plug...What are those properties?

Answer Wisely!

First off, in the karma bhoomi aka earth, karma is supreme !! Hence our religions are centred around karma, prayashchittams, pariharams, etc..

And even our gods could not escape karma without appropriate pariharams. Hence the only solution is to follow Dharmam in all our dealings in life. Dharmam gives us the code of righteousness for this life !!

In the above examples, your question is about the seemingly contradictory things happening in life.

1. Karma has stood the test of time, and reigned supreme generation after generation. No one has suffered in life without a prior bad karma either in this life or previous lives. So your points on innocents losing life needlessly is not correct.

2. Yes they did the right thing. Bringing back from dead does not mean it is wrong. It has been illustrated to explain how "extraordinary good" can even defeat death. That's why is wrong for evil to come back from dead.

3. Our entire lives are temporary except for the associated karma. Only karma is permanent and goes with the soul everywhere till liberation. Remember the statement - "yenna pannalum karmam udamatengardu" so destruction is only natural in this world of continuous rebirths.

1. OK Sir. Suppose it is mandated that it is YOUR Responsibility to SAVE Minimum One innocent being from certain death or dire situation in your entire lifetime and make the same rule for EVERY being on this planet. This is similar to Sandhyavandhana, where if you DON’t do it you accumulate severe pavam and no other punya actions will matter anymore.do you think this will help? One of the innocent is waiting for You to save him. Would that help?

1. OK Sir. Suppose it is mandated that it is YOUR Responsibility to SAVE Minimum One innocent being from certain death or dire situation in your entire lifetime and make the same rule for EVERY being on this planet. This is similar to Sandhyavandhana, where if you DON’t do it you accumulate severe pavam and no other punya actions will matter anymore.do you think this will help? One of the innocent is waiting for You to save him. Would that help?

Just curious, even if you do Sandhyavandhana, will it be enough to overcome papam?
In Mahabharata, there is the story of Jayadratha's father who was coolly doing Sandhyavandanam, in his hermitage outside the warfield, when suddenly the head of his son falls on his lap. As he rises up in amazement, his head bursts into a thousand pieces.

Krishna says in the Gita, "Na me Bhaktah Pranashyati" - it is his vow to protect his Bhakta from all dire situations.

Krishna says in the Gita, "Na me Bhaktah Pranashyati" - it is his vow to protect his Bhakta from all dire situations.

Just curious,
"what are the dire situations"? If what he said why did he not come to rescue in all their dire situations, like playing the dice, getting cheated in dice, the humiliation of Draupadi, getting exiled, or the Mahabharat war.
Krishna could have protected and prevented all that.

Just curious,
"what are the dire situations"? If what he said why did he not come to rescue in all their dire situations, like playing the dice, getting cheated in dice, the humiliation of Draupadi, getting exiled, or the Mahabharat war.
Krishna could have protected and prevented all that.
these are all situations where if Krishna had actually come and stopped the rest of the " paapams" being committed, there would be no further story ! - draupadi was saved from further "maana bhangam "; yudhishtir had to learn hi s lesson [ which he did not !], and the war had to be fought to exterminate all the kauravas who were born to die. May be I am irreverent, but some of the stories have to be taken at face value and not too much read into them - they are there to teach us lessons in dharma.

Sorry I am not clear what the moral dilemma here.

As I said, many innocent people suffer bad things in this life because of their past actions in this life or previous lives. No bad karma will ever go unpunished and no good karma will ever go unrewrded.

And NO innocent wil suffer if he has not committed any crime.

Such is the nature of the all encompassing Brahman !!

I think one cannot attribute sufferings without any wrong to Prarabda Karma. This can also be due to test admistered by the supreme. Or using present management concept, one is put into the fire of experience.

Sorry I am not clear what the moral dilemma here.

As I said, many innocent people suffer bad things in this life because of their past actions in this life or previous lives. No bad karma will ever go unpunished and no good karma will ever go unrewrded.

And NO innocent wil suffer if he has not committed any crime.

Such is the nature of the all encompassing Brahman !!
Unfortunately the karma theory is not transparent.one should
Know for what sin one is punished now.Then only one
Can avoid such sins.If one is born blind one should
Know for what sin he is born blind.Simply saying
Past karma is not fair.

I think one cannot attribute sufferings without any wrong to Prarabda Karma. This can also be due to test admistered by the supreme. Or using present management concept, one is put into the fire of experience.

No. Our karmic view is clear - everything is a result of our karmas, good or bad. No one is tested outside of this.

I assume you are referring to some of the bad managers who put their teams deliberately through torture by playing mind games, or the fire of experience..or otherwise called building reliance or building leadership, etc.. LOL.

I can assure you, if you do a study on these bad managers, you will see them suffering innumerable disasters in their lives. As usual, there is no instant karma, but it slowly and surely catches up with each one of them.

I know cases where some of them have lost their kids, have suffered cancer and died a terrible death in their 50s, some were bound to wheel chair for 20 yrs - punishment for the 20 yrs of "mental torture" they gave to their team members, etc... LOL.

Despite so much focus on religion, doing good, karma, helping others, in our homes we treat guests so well, etc..the terrible tragedy is in our corporate offices, where there is a toxic relationship between managers and the team members !!

Many of these managers are corrupt, and to camouflage this, they play mind games with the team every day to instill fear and distract them from finding out the truth. They adopt a deliberate strategy of mental torture saying this will build resilience, etc.. And this creates a toxic environment for employees which ultimately consumes these managers!!

My experience is more based on the numerous horror stories I have heard, read on Indian corporates. Other members may be more experienced in this regard.

The point is people join companies to work and deliver on the goals. No one repeat no one has the right to put them through mind games, torture in the name of building resilience, leadership etc..unless the employees voluntarily agrees to go through all this crap.

In my life, I have seen "just being ritualistic and not knowing our philosophy" is the root cause of later life disasters.

My advise to youngsters, follow Dharmam in everything you do, and never ever deviate from it. Today, most of the youngsters are from solid family background with good money. Hence you have no need to deviate from the righteous path and indulge in corruption to feed hungry kids, or work for unethical managers.

And don't ever fall for that Chanakya stuff, you will straight go to hell !! LOL.

There is no great Intelliegnce in cheating, using spies, and destroying friends and employees. I mean, you don't go to war with employees. LOL.

Chanakyas arthashastra was written specifically for administration of kingdoms and should never be used in our regular life. In the end, by some accounts, if you don't know, Chanakya was burnt alive !! So beware !!

LOL.

Latest ads

Back