• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

IYER POEM..A time line of Iyer life....[ TVK ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are answers for irresponsible sons.

Sons/single child daughters should be forced to take the parents along with them once they get a job abroad.

In our family, [extended included] we insist on parents staying with cjhidren [boy /only girl familes.

my nephew keeps his mother 85 years and father 92 years with him in dubai.

If families put pressure on children and make them outcastes if they do not conform to basic responsibilities then they will I am sure will

listen.

the other day , one middle aged lady tamil brahmin from US was begging relatives in india to take care of her father in an

oldage home in india as her mother alreadty there died suddenly. none of her relatives were ready for it.

I have no sympathy for these irresponsible offsprings . we require strong laws to book these people for negligence.

Only fear of strong laws coupled with speedy judgement is protection of the old in india

One neighbour iyer died desiring his son in USSR to perform the last rites
the family had brought the body home and held the body for four days on ice for the son to return . Ridiculous.

how oldies are left to be looked after in last days by children and die uncared for without a proper funeral.

Is there any sense in performing sraddhams and immersing ashes in kasi and not doing enough during lifetime of old

people.

The embedded logic and message appears to be:

It is ridiculous to wait for four days to bury/burn the body. It is ridiculous to leave old parents and go far away to foreign co0untries. It is ridiculous to give a routine funeral. So it is also ridiculous to perform sradhdhas. It is also ridiculous to go to Kashi and immerse the ashes in Ganga.

Better hang your poonool in the coat stand and forget everything. It is like the first drink. Once the transgression is done you go on a binge. LOL.

One neighbour iyer died desiring his son in USSR to perform the last rites

the family had brought the body home and held the body for four days on ice for the son to return . Ridiculous.

how oldies are left to be looked after in last days by children and die uncared for without a proper funeral.

Is there any sense in performing sraddhams and immersing ashes in kasi and not doing enough during lifetime of old

people.

Hope there was no Tremple near by! Sometime back I went to Srivilliputhur Temple But the temple was closed - reason a dead body lying in one of the houses near by. Temple authorities were urging to complete the funeral early They were waiting for the sons arrival to perform funeral! He was working in Chennai! But temple could not be opened till then I was told and hence retured back with out Dharshan!

vaagmiji
there is nothing more or less than what I have said. you are free to draw your own inferences.

where does poonool come into it ?

It is not easy to take parents to some countries, due to visa problems. In the U S of A, till the son / daughter gets the citizenship,

green card can't be processed for the parents. So, it will be kAdARu mAsam; nAdARu mAsam life, even if the parents are welcomed

to stay there! Another problem is the 'time' when the green card or citizenship is under process. Last week, Ram's friend's wife

passed away and their son could not make it for the funeral. His passport was with the authorities for processing his green-card.

So, the husband did the last rites for his wife! :sad:

In one of the senior resorts in the outskirts of Sing. Chennai, there is a form to be filled by the son / daughter of the inmates, to

allow the caretakers to proceed with the funeral, if he /she is unable to turn up on time!

BTW, hope the members read the last stanza of the IYER poem! :ranger:

RRji
US can have strict laws for entry of parents as it is their sweet will.

either parents could shuttle regularly.

I do that 4 months a year with a child in bangalore and singapore.

Children can always shift to a better country like the UK or europe or gulf or singapore with better laws or easy

access. even down under australia or newzealand are not bad.

the basic issue is one of will and not hang on relations to look after parents or send them to senior resorts

we require strong laws to book these people for negligence.

As of now, go and take a strong coffee and think wisely.

There are enough laws existing already.

Do you have any knowledge about the law - 'Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007'.

If you desire to have more strong laws than this, since you are at Delhi explore the possibility of forming and implementing of new laws with more teeth, of course with your own influence and try to save the society which is going to dogs as per your own version.lol

As of now, go and take a strong coffee and think wisely.

There are enough laws existing already.

Do you have any knowledge about the law - 'Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007'.

If you desire to have more strong laws than this, since you are at Delhi explore the possibility of forming and implementing of new laws with more teeth, of course with your own influence and try to save the society which is going to dogs as per your own version.lol
you do not have laws that send people to jail for not looking after parents, some indian parents south indian IT pro. in uk or somewhere I think recently got booked for not looking after their children and the children were taken away from them

the indian govt and grand parents in india had to work hard to get them back.

indians abroad put up with atrocious laws and observe them and some face consequences for breaking them

how many parents go to court and get maintenance under the act

is the state pro active in taking action against defaulters?

you do not have laws that send people to jail for not looking after parents,

Just go through the law first and then come up with your expert comments.

It is punishable with imprisonment and fine

I have been reading reports in local Dailies regarding local police taking action and booking cases against sons for their default of taking care of their parents against complaints. This is happening in Tamil Nadu.

If you want more information, just apply through Right to Information Act and you can get the number cases registered under this law either in Chennai City Police or through out Tamil Nadu.

There are provisions. You cannot blame the State. Citizens are also expected to be more responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back