• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

It is totality that is required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• pannvalan0010.jpg
    pannvalan0010.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 184
  • pannvalan0011.jpg
    pannvalan0011.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 140
Sir consider this. What about zero? What happens to the number on the left side of zero the negative numbers? I think there is one more group called imaginary number. are they all fractions? I know nothing about them as I did biology and not maths . The poetry I enjoyed. Any thing less than one is not a whole number but a fraction I am confused here. Academical answer would be appreciated. Jambu:humble:

Last edited:
Alright, I shall answer.

Any number which takes a negative sign (e.g. -20, -41 etc.) is a negative number. Since the sign itself shows it is a negative number, there is no confusion.

Coming to imaginary number, the square root of -1 is said to be imaginary, because our knowledge does not go beyond a certain limit to find out what it could be. Here too, as the imaginary number is an abstract concept, it is not understood by all.

So, when we are sure that a number is positive and not just greater than Zero, but equals 'One', it shows it is 'Whole', 'Total', 'Perfect' etc.

Kannadasan wrote thus for a film named 'Valarpirai':

"Poojiyathukulle oru Rajjiyathai aandu kondu
Puriyaamale Iruppan oruvan; Avanai
Purindhu kondaal avan thaan Iraivan".

Sir consider this. What about zero? What happens to the number on the left side of zero the negative numbers? I think there is one more group called imaginary number. are they all fractions? I know nothing about them as I did biology and not maths . The poetry I enjoyed. Any thing less than one is not a whole number but a fraction I am confused here. Academical answer would be appreciated. Jambu:humble:
Thankyou for your acdemic explanations Explanations like கவிதைக்கு பொய் அழகு will amount to பொருள் குற்றம் Not acceptable to Nakeeran. I thought fraction are part of any whole number and negative numbers are also whole numbers and they can also have fraction don"t you have numbers like -1/2 etc I get confused I will get more information on this and will be back to you Jambu:deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back