• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ishvara Kattalai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sri Ramakrishnan,

Few days back in our village development discussions (the development work is for all communities), one of my relative who still holds the ancient house in the village told me that you use my house for any noble purpose.

After reading your posting, I am just thinking whether we can covert his house for a Vedha Patasala.

Let the poor students from our community pursue formal education and at the same time, stay in the house and learn vedha through a learned teacher.

My village is just 5 KM from Tiruvarur and now a Central University has come up at Tiruvarur. Including a medical college which is likely to opened this year, Tiruvarur is going to be a great learning center of formal education.

Definitely I shall think over your proposal and discuss with my colleagues. May be lot of revenue expenditure is required and we have to see how it can be mobilized.

Thank you once again for your noble suggestion.

All the best

ramakrishnan, rvr,

first of all, i don't think vedas will disappear. in the olden days, with no recourse to mass printing or internet, knowledge had to be passed via word of mouth and the gurukula method.

today, we have the facilities not only to preserve the knowledge, but make it accessible to whomosoever desires it. with the internet, the vedic scholars can be all over the world.

also, i think, vedas for hindus, is not the sole domain of interest of the brahmins of today. we are not brahmins of yore except in name.

also, for academic and research purposes, vedas belong to the whole world.

rvr, why not open up your relative's house as a free hostel, to poor out of town college students irrespective of caste? that surely is a noble cause.

thank you.

Sri Kunjuppu said

rvr, why not open up your relative's house as a free hostel, to poor out of town college students irrespective of caste? that surely is a noble cause.

We are already running a school at our village for all communities. It was started by my father and relatives for the benefit of entire village and it is still running upto 8th standard offering free education for all. After noon lunch is also provided in the school. Two years back with the help of Sun Micro systems, computers were installed in the school.

My father was Manager of the school long back and one of my relative is managing the school now even though our community is almost doesn't exist in the village.

In our village temple, we perform Rudrabishekam to our village deity regularly. We require minimum eleven vadhyars for that and now mobilizing them has become a difficult proposition.

If we run a Vedha Patasala in our village, the students could be utilised for Rudrabisekham at our village temple. Those who visit the village also can stay in the house for performing the function.

Right now it is just a wild thought only and let me discuss with my other colleagues in the village.

All the best

Sri RVR,

Best Wishes for all your ( and any other person's) positive actions and efforts.

Greetings

re

Dear TBs,

Is it possible in this century to follow what the Shastras instructed the Brahmins to do ?
What is your take on this message of Kanchi Maha periyavaa ?

My mission

Are we not responsible to preserve the Vedas for the future ?

I request everyone to contribute your valuable thoughts on this main topic.

dear aramakrishnan1,

mahaswmigals sankalpa is carried on 'It is the duty of the Brahmins to do what all is necessary to maintain the glow of the torch of Vedic Dharma",the knower of brahmins are continuing in the holy spirit of kanchi mahaswamigal.Every one is doing in their own during present age and time,unlike following a traditional sampradaya,but neverthless vedas as the foundation.

nachi naga.

Talking about Sampradaya,
I would like to know the correct way of Abhishekam for Siva in the shrines. Yesterday I was present in the local temple during the Mudal Kala abhishekam and Archana. The priest did one by one-Rice flour in water,Manjal in water,milk, curds, Panchamirtham , Sandal water and Vibhoothi. After every item he anointed the deity with Sandal paste and Kumkum and then Harathi. The vastra was there all the time on the deity and so he found it difficult to clean well after every Abhishekam,esp. after Vibhhoothi. I was wondering why could not he have removed the vastra during abhishekam, as it was a Lingam. Again, in some places I have seen that only the deitees of Goddess have the Sari during the Abhishekam, but not the male counterparts. Which is the correct way as per Sampradaya.
arya

Today, Brahmins (including me) are Quasi-Brahmins and I have realised that we have abandoned the duty ordained to our community by the Lord. Just recently I have read this message below :

http://www.vrnt.org.in/Vedas-Discourses/c3-6-Who_is_responsible_for_the%20decay_of_Varna_Dharma.htm
Only then, I have made this new post about "Ishvara kattalai". I am convinced by the explanation given by Kanchi Paramacharyal in the above mentioned message that the Varnashrama has earned it's bad name due to the deviations by Brahmins. Nowadays "Vadhiyars" have become very scarce in numbers and there is no light in the end of the tunnel. The traditional Gurukulam type education could have produced more sincere Vedic scholars.
In Tamizhnadu, many huge temples were built in the time where there was no drop of petroleum used and no "watt" of electricity was there. People lived in harmony and worked on a useful common purpose. Now there is a stiff competition to snatch the available opportunities in pursuit of material wealth and associated pleasure.
But the time cycle usually will take us back to our past glory as the Hydro carbon reserves are fast depleting. Before 20 years, crude oil was flowing itself out of the wells and nowadays even artificial pumping is failing to bring out the same oil.
Internet or Music system, digital books or DVDs can still preserve Vedas, but then what is the need for a separate caste called 'Brahmins" at all. Abandon this very caste, the associated mutts and the Pontiffs.
Let us make a resolve of sending one boy at the age of 7 years to the Vedic gurukulam from each family and do a selfless service for the society. Let us see if the condition of Brahmins improve spiritually.

Sri Ramakrishnan,

Now a days people have just one child and at the most two children.

Sending a boy exclusively for vedic gurukulam is just impossible in the present day age.

Alternate is all the children can learn vedic studies along with school/college education.

If we promote vedic studies along with regular education,we can continue to do justice to our community goals and at the same time lead a modern life.

All the best

Sri Ramakrishnan,

Now a days people have just one child and at the most two children.

Sending a boy exclusively for vedic gurukulam is just impossible in the present day age.

Alternate is all the children can learn vedic studies along with school/college education.

If we promote vedic studies along with regular education,we can continue to do justice to our community goals and at the same time lead a modern life.

All the best
hi RVR sir,
i studied in veda patashala with school education....its in chittur
veda patashala....we had compulsory vedic studies with science/maths in normal curriculam...we are luckiest in kerala.'
i got vedic teaching with SSLC education...its well designed
for modern days...many student became vadyar profession..
i got college/university education too..we had 2 options..
either we can continue as vedic system or can continue
as enginerrs/doctors....with vedic background...we had 6 years
veda patashala....unfortunately i heard that the veda patashala
closed due to lack odf students...school still continues with
outside students...its sanskrit high school.....very beautiful
agraharam and well patronised....very rare type of veda
patashala...its unique....

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads