• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is Visakham star good for childbirth?March 14 which star?

March 14 which star

A child born is a gift, and should be celebrated. How the child turns out has multiple causes. It depends on the economic, social condition of the environment it grows in. It also depends on its own karmas. Stars have no impact on the outcome.

From your question, I assume that there is no love lost between the mother of the child and you. You just want justification for your anger at the mother. It is abhorring.
No sane person will have such thought.

You need psychiatric help, please consult a professional.

March 14 which star
Such a harsh and indecent reply.I am an actively practising 73 yr old gynaecologist who has conducted thousands and thousands of childbirths.This query was for my dear patient who has successfully completed seven and a half months now.She is carrying her 7th pregnancy,all the previous 6 pregnancies were stillbirths.You need not advise psychiatric consultation for me.I think you need that.Such an inhuman reply.I know about childbirths.better than you.My patient is also a doctor.In her situation she asked me about the star.Ok.This forum is not fit for me.Namaskarams.

Such a harsh and indecent reply.I am an actively practising 73 yr old gynaecologist who has conducted thousands and thousands of childbirths.This query was for my dear patient who has successfully completed seven and a half months now.She is carrying her 7th pregnancy,all the previous 6 pregnancies were stillbirths.You need not advise psychiatric consultation for me.I think you need that.Such an inhuman reply.I know about childbirths.better than you.My patient is also a doctor.In her situation she asked me about the star.Ok.This forum is not fit for me.Namaskarams.

Posting the same reply twice does not make it true.
If you are what you say you are (which I had no knowledge, nor does it matter), you should not post such messages in public. Your scientific knowledge is a suspect. You forgot your background and have given into some superstitions.
If you want to believe in some superstition delve into it and get knowledgeable. I am sorry for your patients. You should hang up your true profession and follow some other calling.

I am sorry if I come across as rude, that was not my intention, as I do not know you.
If a go to a brain surgeon, I want to know that he is capable and has the necessary training and experience.
If that surgeon is consulting his astrologer, I would run to some other capable person.

Let us say that you as a gynaecologist, asking strangers advice on the star a child should have performs a c-section (how do you judge the birth star when you make the incision or when the child's head is seen). Let us say that was the wrong decision because your scientific training told you to wait. The child is born with deformities, will you be happy?

We are not God, we can not determine or predict the outcome. We accept the results after all our best practice. Be true to your patient and not manufacture a convenient truth.

Explain all the medical reasons for miscarriage.
If you are the cause of her miscarriages send her to a better gynecologist. Never be afraid to accept your failures, you are human not GOD.

Last edited:
What are possible causes of stillbirth?
In addition to risk factors that can increase the likelihood of a stillbirth, there are also factors that can cause or contribute to stillbirth. Remember, though, that in some cases of stillbirth, the cause of death remains unknown even after extensive testing.
To learn more about the possible causes of and contributors to stillbirth, the NICHD-supported Stillbirth Collaborative Research Network (SCRN) examined more than 500 stillbirths that occurred in 59 medical centers around the United States over 2½ years. In almost one-quarter of these cases, the researchers could not determine a probable or even a possible cause of death. Also, many of the stillbirths had more than one likely cause.
The likely causes of and contributors to stillbirth identified by the study are listed below in order from most common to least common:1
  • Pregnancy and labor complications. Problems with the pregnancy likely caused almost one in three stillbirths. These complications included preterm labor, pregnancy with twins or triplets, and the separation of the placenta from the womb (also called “placental abruption;” the placenta provides nutrients and oxygen to the fetus). Pregnancy and labor complications were more common causes of stillbirths before week 24.
  • Problems with the placenta. Almost one in four stillbirths were likely caused by problems with the placenta. One example of a placental problem that causes stillbirth is insufficient blood flow to the placenta. In the SCRN study, placental problems were the leading cause of stillbirths that took place before birth, and these deaths tended to occur after 24 weeks of pregnancy.
  • Birth defects. In more than 1 of every 10 stillbirths, the fetus had a genetic or structural birth defect that probably or possibly caused the death.
  • Infection. In more than 1 of every 10 stillbirths, the death was likely caused either by an infection in the fetus or in the placenta, or by a serious infection in the mother. Infections were a more common cause of death in stillbirths before week 24 than in those after.
  • Problems with the umbilical cord. Problems with the umbilical cord were considered a probable or possible cause of about 1 in 10 stillbirths. For example, the cord can get knotted or squeezed, cutting off oxygen to the developing fetus. This cause of stillbirth tends to occur more toward the end of pregnancy.
  • High blood pressure disorders. High blood pressure in the mother—whether due to chronic high blood pressure or to preeclampsia—also contributed to stillbirths. These types of stillbirths were more common in the end of the second trimester and the beginning of the third, compared with other parts of pregnancy.
  • Medical complications in the mother. Problems with the mother’s health—such as diabetes—were considered a probable or possible cause in fewer than 1 in 10 of the stillbirths.
This research also showed that:
  • Women who experienced financial, emotional, or other personal stress in the year before their delivery had an increased chance of having a stillbirth.
  • Smoking tobacco or marijuana, taking prescription painkillers, or using illegal drugs during pregnancy is associated with double or even triple the risk of stillbirth.

The research found that stillbirth was more than twice as likely among women who had experienced major financial, emotional, traumatic, or partner-related events in the year before delivery than among women who had not.

So instead of blaming it on the star, find the true cause of stillbirth for that poor patient.

If someone came to the surgeon with a bullet hole in his chest and bleeding I hope that the surgeon does not put a bandaid and look for the right star alignment.

So Puzhavaiji, get off your high horses and use your training and God-given intelligence to help your patient and not give some lame excuse.
If they wanted some Hocus-pocus they would have gone to a witch doctor and not to a certified gynecologist. Please do justice to your training.

Last edited:
If you are what you say you are (which I had no knowledge, nor does it matter), you should not post such messages in public. Your scientific knowledge is a suspect. You forgot your background and have given into some superstitions.
If you want to believe in some superstition delve into it and get knowledgeable. I am sorry for your patients. You should hang up your true profession and follow some other calling.

I am sorry if I come across as rude, that was not my intention, as I do not know you.
If a go to a brain surgeon, I want to know that he is capable and has the necessary training and experience.
If that surgeon is consulting his astrologer, I would run to some other capable person.

Let us say that you as a gynaecologist, asking strangers advice on the star a child should have performs a c-section (how do you judge the birth star when you make the incision or when the child's head is seen). Let us say that was the wrong decision because your scientific training told you to wait. The child is born with deformities, will you be happy?

We are not God, we can not determine or predict the outcome. We accept the results after all our best practice. Be true to your patient and not manufacture a convenient truth.

If you are the cause of her miscarriages send her to a better gynecologist. Never be afraid to accept your failures, you are human not GOD.

Hei,go on be arrogant to your blind followers you.....and let them suffer.Feel sorry for you and them.Bye.

What are possible causes of stillbirth?
In addition to risk factors that can increase the likelihood of a stillbirth, there are also factors that can cause or contribute to stillbirth. Remember, though, that in some cases of stillbirth, the cause of death remains unknown even after extensive testing.
To learn more about the possible causes of and contributors to stillbirth, the NICHD-supported Stillbirth Collaborative Research Network (SCRN) examined more than 500 stillbirths that occurred in 59 medical centers around the United States over 2½ years. In almost one-quarter of these cases, the researchers could not determine a probable or even a possible cause of death. Also, many of the stillbirths had more than one likely cause.
The likely causes of and contributors to stillbirth identified by the study are listed below in order from most common to least common:1
  • Pregnancy and labor complications. Problems with the pregnancy likely caused almost one in three stillbirths. These complications included preterm labor, pregnancy with twins or triplets, and the separation of the placenta from the womb (also called “placental abruption;” the placenta provides nutrients and oxygen to the fetus). Pregnancy and labor complications were more common causes of stillbirths before week 24.
  • Problems with the placenta. Almost one in four stillbirths were likely caused by problems with the placenta. One example of a placental problem that causes stillbirth is insufficient blood flow to the placenta. In the SCRN study, placental problems were the leading cause of stillbirths that took place before birth, and these deaths tended to occur after 24 weeks of pregnancy.
  • Birth defects. In more than 1 of every 10 stillbirths, the fetus had a genetic or structural birth defect that probably or possibly caused the death.
  • Infection. In more than 1 of every 10 stillbirths, the death was likely caused either by an infection in the fetus or in the placenta, or by a serious infection in the mother. Infections were a more common cause of death in stillbirths before week 24 than in those after.
  • Problems with the umbilical cord. Problems with the umbilical cord were considered a probable or possible cause of about 1 in 10 stillbirths. For example, the cord can get knotted or squeezed, cutting off oxygen to the developing fetus. This cause of stillbirth tends to occur more toward the end of pregnancy.
  • High blood pressure disorders. High blood pressure in the mother—whether due to chronic high blood pressure or to preeclampsia—also contributed to stillbirths. These types of stillbirths were more common in the end of the second trimester and the beginning of the third, compared with other parts of pregnancy.
  • Medical complications in the mother. Problems with the mother’s health—such as diabetes—were considered a probable or possible cause in fewer than 1 in 10 of the stillbirths.
This research also showed that:
  • Women who experienced financial, emotional, or other personal stress in the year before their delivery had an increased chance of having a stillbirth.
  • Smoking tobacco or marijuana, taking prescription painkillers, or using illegal drugs during pregnancy is associated with double or even triple the risk of stillbirth.

The research found that stillbirth was more than twice as likely among women who had experienced major financial, emotional, traumatic, or partner-related events in the year before delivery than among women who had not. Black women were more likely than women, in general, to have experienced at least three such stressful events in the past year.

So instead of blaming it on the star, find the true cause of stillbirth for that poor patient.

If someone came to the surgeon with a bullet hole in his chest and bleeding I hope that the surgeon does not put a bandaid and look for the right star alignment.
Ha ha.Great effort by the arrogant to get this extract on stillbirth.What is wrong with you man??Going on with unnecessary irritating chats?Stop it I say.
So Puzhavaiji, get off your high horses and use your training and God-given intelligence to help your patient and not give some lame excuse.

A single miscarriage can be a devastating event for expectant parents, and multiple miscarriages can be increasingly traumatic. When a woman has multiple miscarriages, it often indicates an underlying problem that will require diagnosis and treatment before she can have a successful pregnancy. Some of the most common underlying causes of multiple miscarriages include chromosomal, hormonal or uterine abnormalities. Additional possible causes include immunological issues, illness or exposure to environmental toxins.

The most common cause of miscarriages occurring in the first trimester is the presence of chromosomal or genetic abnormalities. These abnormalities interfere with the development of the embryo and could be present in either the mother’s chromosomes or the father’s chromosomes. The risk of these abnormalities increases for women older than 35. If a couple experiences multiple miscarriages because of chromosomal abnormalities, the couple might consider visiting a genetic counselor for guidance.

A hormonal imbalance referred to as luteal phase defect can lead to multiple miscarriages for some women. With this problem, a woman’s body does not create enough progesterone to sustain a successful pregnancy. Other issues with the thyroid or adrenal glands can affect a woman’s hormone levels and possibly can lead to miscarriage. Some women might benefit from hormone therapy as directed by a physician.

Structural abnormalities in the uterus also can lead to repeated miscarriages. In some cases, a miscarriage might occur because of the size, shape or formation of the uterus. If a woman has uterine fibroids, or growths, she also could have difficulty sustaining a pregnancy. For some women, these issues can be addressed with surgery.

Some immunological issues can keep a pregnancy from progressing. In some cases, the woman’s immune system views the developing embryo as a foreign object and attacks it. This might occur if the parents’ genetic material is too similar. Couples who experience multiple miscarriages often are encouraged to undergo immunological testing.

Women with chronic health conditions, including diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure could experience repeated miscarriages if their health is not under control. Untreated infections, such as rubella or herpes, also can lead to problems sustaining a pregnancy. Women with health conditions should work with their doctors to manage the conditions in order to help prevent recurrent miscarriages.

Exposure to environmental toxins also can lead to miscarriage. This includes chemicals, radiation or substances such as alcohol, tobacco or drugs. Expectant mothers should limit their exposure to any of these toxins.

If a woman experiences multiple miscarriages, she should work with her doctor to determine the underlying cause and make a plan for treatment, if possible. She might be able to lower her risk of another pregnancy loss. Many women recover from miscarriages and go on to sustain successful pregnancies.

Hei,go on be arrogant to your blind followers you.....and let them suffer.Feel sorry for you and them.Bye.

Sir, you are not what you claim to be. You seem like a fraud masquerading as a gynecologist.
I do not have followers, and I do not follow misguided individuals.

For your information:

Vishakha (20.00 Libra-3.20 Scorpio) is ruled by Agni and Indra and is a constellation of four stars forming the left half of the scales of Libra. Agni and Indra stand for heat, power and authority.

Positive Traits
The natives of this nakshatra are very sharp and keen to learn new things, due to this positive trait they like to be more inclined towards modern practices and do not like orthodox procedures and beliefs. They are full of energy and enthusiasm and quite single minded. Their resolution to something that they decided to do is another of their positive traits, and they will work exceptionally hard and go to any lengths for their accomplishments.

It could be Vishaka or Anuradha depending on the timing. So go ahead and schedule your delivery.

Last edited:
Hi..
I am also a doctor.

What is the cause for 6 still births?
Its rare to see so many?

Usually causes are
Rh negative ( hydrops fetalis)
Gestational diabetes
TORCH

I am sure as a gyanec you would have ruled all of this out but its very very unusual to have 6 still births..usually its at least 1st trimester miscarriages for those who have missed abortions for reasons not to well known or cervical incompetency in 2nd trimester.

Has any genetic screening been done?

Now coming to the whether which star is good ...i feel may be knowing a good star would have a placebo effect on the mother...but being a doc herself her mind would know that it would be a placebo

Now though I am doc myself i have seen some cases (i am not a gynaec)...i have seen some local patients in my country who do consult shamans to make sure there is no " curse" on the family that prevents a continuation of lineage...as much as i dont know how curses work but i have seen some patients improve after doing some rituals...may be a psychological effect or may be some actual inner engineering.

So as a doc..i am sure at times we cant find reasons for everything...this is where we realize our limitations as humans..tell your patient to pray to God..dont plan too much on good star or bad star..when one surrenders their worries to God..there would be an answer but at times the answer isnt what we want to hear.

hi

here looklike EGO clashes....the OP has some reason for star....some experts can say.....may not be for

everybody.. SILENCE IS BEST POLICY.....NO NEED GIVE ANSWER EVERY QUERY...for info..just go through

www.mypanchang.com...you may get answer...better than here...

Authentic discussions and debates with proof/links/quotes are always a great feast for us the readers. The OP and the other participants (unrelenting prasad1) are wonderful participants delving upon several factors. We, the readers demand that the OP and other contributors should continue healthy discussions like this. No temper or ego or teasing please. A good argument sometimes turns into ferrocious one. But contain it. btw, visaka star is also a very good star and i can show you proof that the said star born kid now fully grown up and a great scientist in my family and incidentally his mother is O Rh Negative, coupled with several other dificiencies in horoscopes and medical defects, they are now fine. So, all the stars are wonderful and all the planets are great ( as advised by maha periyava in one of his narratives) It is something else like Karma and other related matters that gives desired/undesired effects. Offcourse, the GOD is Great. This is my humble submission.

Blame it on the greed and unethical behaviour of private hospitals or superstitious parents opting for auspicious dates of birth or psychological fear coupled with desire for a painless delivery, the rates of cesarean section are sky-rocketing in the Telugu States.

While Telangana tops the list with 58 per cent C-sections, Andhra Pradesh is catching up with 40.1 percent.

Cesareans, which are considered a life-saving procedure and important indicator of an area’s ability to provide full pregnancy and delivery related emergency care, has become the most preferred option for expectant mothers who want to avoid risks. The steady increase in the number of cesarean sections has become a cause of concern.

Dr Dinesh Banswal, deputy commissioner for Maternal Health in Union ministry of Health said the Union government is concerned about the steep rise in C-sections. “The government is closely monitoring the situation. While ensuring that all women have access to quality, comprehensive obstetric services, we need to expand our vision to include the rapidly escalating rates of C-sections,” he opined.

hi

here looklike EGO clashes....the OP has some reason for star....some experts can say.....may not be for

everybody.. SILENCE IS BEST POLICY.....NO NEED GIVE ANSWER EVERY QUERY...for info..just go through

www.mypanchang.com...you may get answer...better than here...

TBSGaruji, I respect your opinion. You are right I could ignore some question and I do. I never answer the questions in certain sections of the forum. This topic is in Chit-Chat,

Secondly among the Indian population (even in the USA), the fad is to have a c-section birth for the convenience of the mother, or the Doctor's golf time, or Horoscope advice by astrologers. Unless we as educated seniors raise of voice and put our foot down, This practice will do harm.

"silence is best" or "ignorance is best" may be the good mantra for the pacifist and the autocratic dictators, but are bad for the society.
We must challenge bad practices everywhere.
You do 100 MPH on the highway with the speed limit of 70MPH, and you get caught and pulled over. You plead Ignorance of speed limit see how far it takes you.
Or you see a child being kidnapped, "silence is NOT the best" policy.

We must fight ignorance, misinformation, and superstition.

Dear Doc, I don't see anything harsh or indecent in Prasad 1's reply to your enquiry. I hope you will have more trust in your skills as a doctor than on the placement of stars on a given day. The fault dear doctor does not lie in. the stars, but in us poor underlings who resort to fate for our own fears and distrust in our skills. You deliver a good child and the child will take care of its future.

TBSGaruji, I respect your opinion. You are right I could ignore some question and I do. I never answer the questions in certain sections of the forum. This topic is in Chit-Chat,

Secondly among the Indian population (even in the USA), the fad is to have a c-section birth for the convenience of the mother, or the Doctor's golf time, or Horoscope advice by astrologers. Unless we as educated seniors raise of voice and put our foot down, This practice will do harm.

"silence is best" or "ignorance is best" may be the good mantra for the pacifist and the autocratic dictators, but are bad for the society.
We must challenge bad practices everywhere.
You do 100 MPH on the highway with the speed limit of 70MPH, and you get caught and pulled over. You plead Ignorance of speed limit see how far it takes you.
Or you see a child being kidnapped, "silence is NOT the best" policy.

We must fight ignorance, misinformation, and superstition.
hi sir,

i agreed sir...but we respect other's view too...i know many c section stories in USA....all want custom made

babies....i can understand ur point...We must fight ignorance, misinformation, and superstition. Thanks

In my humble opinion, the purpose of asking our views by the OP in spite of being a highly acclaimed very well experienced medico and the patient too being a medico but having some serious background history was to gain/gather more similar info and peep into the real problem. Not exposing any detail, but just asking about the star itself was the indicator that the query was half hearted. No one was pounding or insulting, but giving logical answers. The participants are long life members and have posted many points and participated in all possible discussions. These discussions are healthy and do not take it as negative or insulting. We should also consider the ground situation and console, express relevant data to satisfy and bless for fruitful outcome.

In my humble opinion, the purpose of asking our views by the OP in spite of being a highly acclaimed very well experienced medico and the patient too being a medico but having some serious background history was to gain/gather more similar info and peep into the real problem. Not exposing any detail, but just asking about the star itself was the indicator that the query was half hearted. No one was pounding or insulting, but giving logical answers. The participants are long life members and have posted many points and participated in all possible discussions. These discussions are healthy and do not take it as negative or insulting. We should also consider the ground situation and console, express relevant data to satisfy and bless for fruitful outcome.
Everyone is forgetting that a doctor too is very much like anyone else in certain circumstances when culture and science meet.

In my country it is very common for a Muslim doctor to recite Bismillah before he or she does any procedure or surgery or even administer an injection no matter what religion the patient belongs too.

But surely religion alone isnt enough ..we as docs do have to follow standard operating procedures and clinical guidelines to follow

Then comes the cultural believes that need to be respected.

I once had to handle a case of meditation gone wrong and it lead to hysteria of tamil school teenage girls and so many at one time brought in screaming.

No doubt I sedated all of them but before that i did tell them to think of God so that they would calm down.

In the same rural set up I once had to treat a girl with hysteria cos she said she saw a ghost.

I sedated her too but before that the medical assistant wanted to recite quranic verses cos the family being from the village really felt it was a possession.

So I said Ok..go ahead and i will sedate the patient too.

As a doc many think we are supposed to be technical sans religious sentiments attached to our work..but believe me enough docs do pray before each procedure...
May be this senior gynaec felt he just needed some bit of info on stars for his patient.

I dont dabble with astrology for my patients but i do silently recite prayers if I am handling a difficult case.

Whatever said and done we as humans have the option to be considerate in our choice of words.

REnukaji,
Please do not equate saying a prayer before an examination to taking home the examination papers to answer at the appropriate time according to star.

Scheduling a birth time for proper alignment of the stars is sinister, saying a prayer is harmless.

REnukaji,
Please do not equate saying a prayer before an examination to taking home the examination papers to answer at the appropriate time according to star.

Scheduling a birth time for proper alignment of the stars is sinister, saying a prayer is harmless.
There is nothing wrong in your approach and my approach, bcas, both aim at the same goal. You are riding on the modern technology, while i ride on the olden time tested medieval technology. Why should i take so many hardships and penance for several decades to meet god and ask him to accompany me to appear before you to prove my point. Instead i would instantly become bigshot and attain all the powers and make you kneel before me. There is nothing new to be invented. Everything is existing, it is only discovered and shown to everyone who wants to see/verify. In my technology i.e. olden method, it was simplified and made as a rule just simply to follow. Which ever way you tread, your end result is the same. My response maybe confusing, if not i will try once more to confuse you better this time.

There is nothing wrong in your approach and my approach, bcas, both aim at the same goal. You are riding on the modern technology, while i ride on the olden time tested medieval technology. Why should i take so many hardships and penance for several decades to meet god and ask him to accompany me to appear before you to prove my point. Instead i would instantly become bigshot and attain all the powers and make you kneel before me. There is nothing new to be invented. Everything is existing, it is only discovered and shown to everyone who wants to see/verify. In my technology i.e. olden method, it was simplified and made as a rule just simply to follow. Which ever way you tread, your end result is the same. My response maybe confusing, if not i will try once more to confuse you better this time.

I have no problem with your position.
I am an activist, not a violent activist or Jihadist but an activist. My methods may be modern but they are scientific. I have no problem with traditional methods when all else fails. I will not accept a bad action or wrong action when I see it.
Like I responded to TBSji post we must fight against superstitions if it can harm.
Like Rajiji used to say that she likes her lucky blue sari, no harm done.
I buy stock or sell a stock when the market timing is right and not when my astrologer tells me.

Last edited:
REnukaji,

I didnt equate it...i dont condone seeing time for a C section.
But here for patients who are scheduled for Non emergency C section like breech etc or 3rd pregnancy with 2 previous C sections they are allowed to choose their day and time.

Indians choose good time and non indians here choose a good number day.

Latest ads

Back