• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is this a tv serial ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very difficult ow a days to open and read threads because of the ads in the left side. ads are becoming bigger, longer sidelining the main subject. At times I could read only the ads. It is as if in TV serial where main story is sidelined for the ads. Any person to express concern for this with me???? (Suggest that provision be made to close the ad as and when seen by the viewer)

krs,

i think it is the ads that make this site possible. the ads, if i am correct, provides some sort of revenue to praveen, so that he can afford to rent the server, hire code developers and also some minimal but strategic advertisements.

i live in canada, and so most of my ads are canadian oriented, though i do get offers of muslim matrimony once in a while. the ads have not (yet) bothered me, because i have been able to ignore them. but who knows some of them might turn useful someday.

there is also a small box, to the upper left, which has a caption 'Donate', and goes further like this 'Support TamilBrahmins .com Your donation helps us to sustain TamilBrahmins.com website and to improve our quality, reach, and levels of participation'

Maybe if the members take this appeal seriously, which i suspect currently not happening, then perhaps praveen can do away with the commercials :)

I find it very difficult ow a days to open and read threads because of the ads in the left side. ads are becoming bigger, longer sidelining the main subject.
KRS, I use Firefox and I have "adblock plus", a free add-on to FF, installed. It blocks most annoying ads. The other ads that appear on the sides is usually not a distraction, at least in my browser.

Cheers!

I find it very difficult ow a days to open and read threads because of the ads in the left side. ads are becoming bigger, longer sidelining the main subject. At times I could read only the ads. It is as if in TV serial where main story is sidelined for the ads. Any person to express concern for this with me???? (Suggest that provision be made to close the ad as and when seen by the viewer)

Some thoughts (as already said by Kunjuppuji and Naraji)

1. The ads help in maintaining this site. Unlike many other similar sites, this is not run by any trust/charitable organization. There is a monthly maintenance that is being levied to keep this website up.

2. "ads are becoming bigger, longer sidelining the main subject." please clarify what do you mean bigger?? from what i see, they are fixed size ads on the left side. They should not in any way interfere with the functioning of the website or pariticipation.

3. It could be that you are using an older version of the browser to view this site. If that is the case then there might be issues with it. As far as i know, Internet Explorer 6 and some versions of 7 do not display this site properly.

4. As Naraji said, if you do not want to see ads, please use Firefox and Install the Adblock Plus plugin. Then you will not see any ads here or in any other website.

5. Meanwhile, i will see what best that i can do about the ads.

6. And finally, i do not have control on the kind of ads that is being displayed. So, if there is any offensive ads, please make a note of the url and i can get it blocked.

7. On an another note, even newspapers have ads, so does it anyway affect the reading of the news?

Maybe if the members take this appeal seriously, which i suspect currently not happening, then perhaps praveen can do away with the commercials
Honestly, that donate box can be done away with. Its been more than 1 to 1 1/2 years since something came through that.
All revenue comes from the advertisements and that help in keeping this site up and rightly as you mentioned.

Dear Sri. Praveen,
Kindly let me know how I can donate? Is there any minimum amount/ If I send an outstation cheque, is it OK?
Regards,
Ramanathan.

Dear Sri. Praveen,
Kindly let me know how I can donate? Is there any minimum amount/ If I send an outstation cheque, is it OK?
Regards,
Ramanathan.

While there is no compulsion to donate, the amount is left to the member. Yes, you can send me a cheque. please email me or send me a message for address.

Ads make the site colorful also

Thank you :) Agreed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back