• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is there any other vital matter to be discussed

T

tri_vikrama

caste..caste...caste.?????

Dear mates,

Is there any other topics to be discussed other then, caste..hierachy..jati..varna..kula..gothra..fanaticism?

Well it is true long ago and even now some of our shallow minded community members so called brahmins still discriminating other members in society by belittle and degrading and classifying others are lesser then us

( who is brahmana?
janmana jaayithey sudra, karmana jaayithey dwijaya, wedha paadhanthu wibrana, brahma nyanathu brahmana/
othal ombal olugal/
othuvathu oliyehl/
karka kasadara..katrapin nirka otherku taga.
Those who work/think/pray/recites to the well being of others -regardless to diversity/ such as Emperumnaar Ramanujar, 12 Alwar, baktisarars, 64 Nayaanmar, santhaana kuravars, AathiSankarar, Madhwar, 21 karnataka daasar, Tallapaakam annamacharyar, Badrachalam ramadasar, tulsidasar, Tukaraam, Siddartha gauthama Buddha, Ramakrishna parahamsar, Vivekanandar, Maharashtra Nyaneswar, Sai Baba (not the puttapatti), Gandhiji, subramania bharathiyar, Some of our jeeyar's and some of the sankaraacharyas, thabhovanam gnnaananthar, haridasar, Sivanandar....even we can include jesus chris..etc..those are the brahmanas.)

Not just because we born in that lineage and claiming the royalty to being the highest in the society, one can become a brahmana. We may call ourselves as aiyan descendents but not every one of us are a brahmana. Brahmana is not being by birth , instead it is by being realise ourselves..self awareness.

We have so many diseases. So many problems, and the worse is yet to
come to be worried about instead of dicussing and debating I am a
brahmin, you are not, catholicity and leniency towards caste (by birth) issues.
It really pains my heart when I see caste-based feuds, and stick to the "holier than thou" attitude, just because he is a aiyer or aiyengar by birth. * Brahmana?? My foot. The next time any "Brahmin" in this forum opens his mouth about his Caste, I request him to kindly do some introspection, have a mini flashback. How many movies he had seen. How many "double-meaning" and vulgar jokes he had enjoyed. How many ladies he had drooled on. How many clubs he had been to. How many lies he had uttered. How many transgressions he had committed. How many people he had hurt. How many times he had exhibited arrogant behaviour. How many bad words (or should I say, "Curse words") he had uttered. How many times he had smoked or "sipped". *
tell me truth how many of you guys who wake up in the sandhya and doing the rites and riciting wedha, taken saulam or keeping sikha bandan and performing ritual rites in home and temple and taken the priesthood as a profession.

we are enjoying all the benefits which has been contributed by various members from various society, race, colour, lingua. And yet at end we discriminate them, aren't u think it is pathetic, cruel, wicked, worst then a leech or blood sucking vampire beast. Computer, IT, medicine, mobile phone, modern technology...who has endowed the knowledge...the caucasian who comsume ham & bacon, drink alcohol, who lives snogging and shagging.
If we think that they are Niichudaas, chandaalas, then I think we should farm ourself, sew clothes...everything a to z without any single contribution from non brahmins. Is that possible? So don't be a hypocrite.

It is painfull that the mistake & discrimination that has been comitted by some of our cruel ancestors as left with serious consequences to the present generations. And has been taken advantage by some of the evil corrupted politician to pinch the vote from the poor ignorative nations by brainwash them with inccidents and stories of the late discrimination and became stereotypical.

Instead of blaming each other, we should think how to troubleshoot the problem, by sincerely wining the heart of the non brahmins. And not to please them for personal profits. And should challenge discrimination, racisim, stereotype n prejudism. Why should everyone of us should take the punishment, when the mistake were committed by some of us and some of our ancestors. They are the one whom should be rotten in the hell and not us. We should find alternative route to resolve the reservation and claiming equal rights as we are also the child of the Tamilnadu.

First we should love our nation, community, language and country. We are indeed Tamilians. There are enormous of latest research with aid of modern technologies clearly stating that we are also the abrogine of the land and sharing the same DNA bands with other fellow tamilian, we are neither came from the sky nor from the ocean.

If we could mass murder (politician genocide) politician in tamilnadu that would resolve all the problem that being encountered by not only the brahmine society, the others as well.

Last but not least, I am a Vaishnava, therefore I would like to quote Gnadhijii's "vaishnava Janatho..."
not only vaishnava everyone of us who thinks for the well being of others are good souls or blessed souls.

So let us talk about other issues such as, career, education, medicine, culture, unity, friendship, communication, ...opportunities ..which would be more practical benefit.

come on guys we have to move on.. palaya panchangathey othuvathaal entha prayojanam kidhayathu.

Pardon me if any of my quotation would have offended your humanrights.

Last edited:
Okay, Tri vikrama,

How long has it been since you left India ? Especially Tamil nadu ?. Show me a post which "derides" Non-Brahmins in this forum ? Infact there was one post which tried to argue about brahminical superiority. Not only did the writer get arguments against his theory but the post itself was duly removed within days. So your accusation that this is a forum which indulges in 'Non-Brahmin' bashing is utter rubbish.

There are few points in your post which deserve merit. a) I do concede that the discussions sometimes become a bit stale especially when they get into finer discussios about caste, gothra & stuff like that & b) There is no escaping from living in a multi-caste, multi-lingual society so no community can distance itself from the mainstream.

You seem to be suggesting that the community has not been appealing to the good senses of the politicians but it is not so. "Appealing" alone wouldn't give the desired result especially when the person to whom you are appealing refuses a hearing. Hence you need to "assert" your rights. This forum is only trying to unite the community, provide a platform to discuss, deliberate & share views about the issues facing the community so that they can take an "assertive" form while actionising.

I don't think any person in this forum is "narrow minded" or has any legacy baggage about (non-existent) brahminical superiority. Also there have been enough exchange of views on removing "narrower" views on "segmentisation" of brahmins into - aiyers, iyengars - etc... so that the voice is united & hence loudest.

My mother tongue is 'telugu' (can't read or write, only speak) but i registered in the forum to understand & share views on issues affecting the community.

I am all for discussing other topics of interest but wish to state that 'issues affecting our existence itself' are as if not more important as the other topics you have mentioned.

Anyways, why don't you make a start, am sure lot of others would readily jump in.

1000apologise

Bro Hara,

so u r not tamilian? what r u doing here then? oopppps!!! just trying to wind u up, it is just a joke bro!, please do not open ur third eye HARA.

annaya ! Na matta koncha vinanthi, nehnu chepina artham allaa kaathu, meeru tapuka arthamcheskondaru. mana brahmins antharu nehnu blame cheyalethu, "I said some..some..some", anyway nehnu tapuka etheynu mattaladthey nannu kshaminchanthi.

And again we do not need to pacify or appease anyone whether the politician or the nation. Just try to be a good person, that's it asking not much and not less.

Offcourse, I didn't deny that, u would adhere the pain n vain of the political and social problems, and u may experiancing the agony and severity of the anti-brahminism better then myself, as I am neither born or bred up in India, hence it didn't mean that you are more Indian or Tamilian then myself. I can read, write, speak : tamil,malayalam, read n write sanskrit, read n speak telugu.. we celebrate pongal to paavai nonbu, thrukaarthigai to thruvaathirai, reciting wedhas to 4000 divya prabandhams. We also constantly update ourself with the happenings in tamilnadu n india as, it is my motherland n I love my motherland and the people.

What I am trying to say is: shall we find better way to deal or to comprehend the issues.

I were born in malaysia bred up in Uk; in malaysia, Indian comprised 15% of the population and they also has contributed towards the..from independence struggle to the present economic growth of the country, yet Indian still has been treated as a third class citizen and again quota system applies to them. The Latest news are: the quota culture is slowly dissipating, how n why? professional methodical engagement of that specific community has altered the stereotypical discriminations. well there are other factors such as: healthy politic, broad minded nations...which is still a horizon questionaire in tamilnadu.

What is so less in UK...? similar stories in different form. In society we are known as colours..blacks...paki bas****s.

I myself has encountered the brhamin-non brahminic discrimination in Tamilnadu: my own relatives in tamilnadu has ill-treated my non-brahmin mates when we were in thier home in manargudi for holidays in tamilnadu,
Not stops, there in palghat as well, they treated them like a puke. Well, when I were in my mates home, the hospitality was vice verse. This is only a statistic 3 in a 10. I leave it to you how u will justify it.

mee ooru Gunturaanthi, akkada meerchkaay chaala famous kaatha?

okay then taravatha chustaanley.

Nanbare,

Tamizh inaya thalathil yenakkenna velai yendru neengal vinaviyadharkku yen vidai idho :

Onnarai adigalil aram, inbam, kamam yendra muppalgalai vazhangiya tiruvalluvarai yenakku theriyum, sundara thelunginil paatisaippom yendra bharadiyum yenakku arimugam, kalaignarin kara kara tamizhum, sujathavin kalappada tamizhum naan ariven....Naan unarval tamizhan.

Congratulations, i honestly feel your telugu is much better than mine.

If my response gave you any impression that i am claiming to be 'more indian or tamilan' than you, my regrets, i never meant that. So let me first correct the score on that count.

Shall we get another point out of the way ? Both of us are agreeing that we don't wish to paint the entire community with a single brush.

My only point is that your original post was too idealistic to say the least. I hope you will agree with me that when we are not in the "thick of things" it is sometimes (rather many) difficult to have a 'first hand feel'. From your response it is evident that you are a product of the 'indian / tamil nadu system' & hence i daresay that your perception would be a little different.

Much like Asians are victim of racial discrimination in UK (which is perhaps little easy to understand since afterall immigrants are not 'natural citizens'), the brahmin community has been the victim of discrimination. Brahmins are not even second class citizens in TN.

How does it feel to know that a poor (or even a middle class) brahmin student who secures say 90% is overlooked for a filthy rich OBC student who secures 75% ?

Did you know that both during Mandal I & Mandal II (which provides for 50% reservations to SC/ST/OBCs in Educational instituitions), the only state which didn't witness any protests was Tamil Nadu ? Before you rush to congratulate the Govt, here is the reason : a) TN already had reservation upto 69% & b) if you protest in TN against reservation, even god cannot save you.

Just imagine the might of the entire political machinery operating against a miniscule population of 4% ? Every single action of the Govt is

So how do you comfort the poor brahmin student ? what do you expect him to do ?

Yes, i agree that we have to deal with the issues facing the community. What we are doing in this forum is to exchange ideas / suggestions on the way forward. If we have to engage the political establishment, our voice should be united. We need to build a sense of togetherness & get comfortable with who we are. We cannot (needn't) be apologetic about who we are. In that process we should send a loud, clear message that by establishing our identity we are not demeaning anyone. we needn't lose our identity to proclaim our 'sincerity' towards other castes. I think we should encourage more debates of this nature to shed the inertia surrounding the community.

I completely agree with you that there is no premise for brahmins to ill-treat anyone & yes, if there are any such malaises in our community we should cure the same. I am surprised to know that such ill-treatment to non-brahmins was meted out in TN, but let me assure you that a vast vast vast majority of the brahmins don't carry such legacy baggages. Personally i have never viewed anyone differently & some of my best best mates are non-brahmins. (I am forced to say this, i have never thought about this dimension at all).

However for the sake of a few, we needn't feel apologetic about discussing our rights & our future.

To sum up, sure, we will have to deal with it & deal with it innovatively but again, i would repeat that, at the same time we should also encourage such debates, since only thru sharing of views, we learn & the more we share views, the more we learn.

I am not from Guntur. Originally Singara Chennai now Silicon Bangalore.

Dear Tri-Vikrama and Hariharan1972:
Good exchange, even though I didn't understand the Telugu! I am having enough problem understanding the Tamil!
You talk about "a poor brahmin scoring 96%, while....".. Well, we had a case coming to us a few months ago. Srividhya (whose father is a cook and poor) had scored 96%; yet she couldn't get any scholarship to the Engineering college JUST because she was a Brahmin. I appealed to all the members in this forum to come up and help out in paying her first year tuition of Rs.40k; not very many came forward. In any case, about five of us contributed and paid the first year tuition.
The point I am trying to make is that while it is great discussing about these issues, I would like see more of our members step forward in helping out the less fortunate among us, when the call comes in. If everybody chipped in even small amount, it would be more than enough.

We need to help Srividhya out next year for her tuition.

Last edited:
Hi Harianna,

well! I am speechless.. nevertheless again the fundamental issue is offcourse it is the corrupted filthy politics and not the entire naive non-brahmin Tamils.
"Nellukku peyhyum malzhai Pullukkum Peyhyum" in Tamilnadu's case it is the "grass" that much benefiting then paddy. And in the other hand "pullai arikka whendiya arikoohl nellai pathampaarkindrathu"
It is not brahmins alone facing the problem I think the other members of the forward caste group also facing the similar problems.
The flaw is in the system/policy/law of the country, whereby benefits/support should be endowed based on financial status and not by caste classification. (thats how the system works in UK and other european countries)
well, as long as uneducated, non-professional, inhuman, stereotypical, idiot, n rowdy politician were around it is hardly to achieve the justice.

"let me quote an inccident taken place in Madras: Mr XYZ has attempted to commit suicide, unfortunately he was saved n were in ICU and as soon as been discharged consequently been sentence 4 weeks in prison by a stupid and inhuman old frog who claims himself as a judge" what a bloody judicial system. I read the whole case file. Mr XYZ were deeply depressed from some personal reasons and was suffering from major depressive disorder. according to the indian judicial system commiting suicide is an offence, fine! even in any other country throughout the world it is the same. But u don't sentence them into prison instead refer or section them to psychiatrist or psychologist or any other mental health support team. Instead of helping that victim, that idiot judge has exaggerate his depression n mental health condition. B'coz the privy council which promulgated the legislation where comprised of some bunch of idiots."

So what u guys need today is a total political, law, legislation reformations. How to achieve it : unity that's it, all for one and one for all. Subjected to infinity question. AND HOW TO ACHIEVE THE UNITY GOD KNOWS!!!..

Malyaalis don't like Tamils and tamils hate kannadigas and kannadigas hate tamils and telugu hate tamil, northen indian depict southerner as sambar, Sri lankans hate indian, indian hate pakistanis, pakistani hate indian and bangladeshai hate pakistanis, brhamin hate non brahmin and non brhamin hate brahmin, nadar hate devar....what is going on !!!!!

Anyway, I didn't excepted Sanga Tamilzh been uttered by Madrasi TelluTamilan, I am amazed.

Hi Silverfox,

well I am still in my Univ, but I can contribute a short sum. anyway I hope it is not a bogus call. (b'coz it has taken place in a couple of sites). Kindly please provide me the necessary details for the remittance. Well done silverfox, Jana sevva janaathanan sevva-Manava sevva maathava sevva-makkal thondhey mahesan thondhey. Vidya dhaanam is a great dhaanam. I damn sure u will get the VIP entrance when u attain moksha.

Last edited:
hariharan1972 said:

I completely agree with you that there is no premise for brahmins to ill-treat anyone & yes, if there are any such malaises in our community we should cure the same. I am surprised to know that such ill-treatment to non-brahmins was meted out in TN, but let me assure you that a vast vast vast majority of the brahmins don't carry such legacy baggages. Personally i have never viewed anyone differently & some of my best best mates are non-brahmins. (I am forced to say this, i have never thought about this dimension at all).

However for the sake of a few, we needn't feel apologetic about discussing our rights & our future.

To sum up, sure, we will have to deal with it & deal with it innovatively.....
Sri Hariharan,

Good post.

My view is that we are too gullible as regards the myth that Brahmins have been cruel towards the other castes. We should look at this allegation with some suspicion. Does it tally with what we experience every day ? In fact most Brahmins are more than willing to introspect & correct their 'mistakes'. If anything, they over-correct. Going by the way Brahmins are weathering the storm inspite of all the blatant misinformation that is being propagated against them, one can only admire them. This argument may be countered by saying that the new Brahmin generation is more tolerant and flexible because of 'modern' education. Again does it fit the facts ? This is another myth (like the Aryan/Dravidian myth) that Hindus have become civilized only after the British invasion. According to this theory then, all out forefathers and Rishis were primitive brutes given to all kinds of cruelty towards other humans. Does this tie in with facts ? The people who have given us the religion and philosophy the whole world admires, can they be brutes ?

Of course there might have been some Brahmins who were cruel etc. But can a whole community be blamed for what a small minority has allegedly done ? (That too some centuries ago)

Do we blame all the Muslims of being terrorists ? The argument that 'secular' people give us is that the majority of the Muslims are against terrorism and that only a small and misguided minority support it. Let us not debate this point now. Over the centuries they have ransacked and plundered Hindu Temples, Unversities etc. Nobody is allowed even to voice a protest against this, even history books are tampered with to project the Muslim invaders as very humane and kind monarchs. But when it comes to Brahmins, the whole machinery is up in arms crying foul.

So the attitude is that we can 'correct' history as regards people who have plundered us. But Brahmins will have to pay for what their forefathers did (allegedly).

Double standards, to put it mildly.

-- Viswanath

Viswanath: Good observations.

Dear Tri_vikrama:

When I was talking about not very many people coming forward to donate, I wasn't referring to you or Hariharan personally; I was speaking in general terms. For all I know, you and Hariharan probably didn't even know about this. My apologies if you inferred otherwise. In any case, thank you very much for your offer. As I had said, we have paid her first year tuition. We will come to everybody next year for her tuition.
In the meantime, Ramki, Praveen and I are looking into generating a fund by asking each member to contribute a one-time contribution; this way, we dont have to keep asking from members every time a request comes in.

Believe me, before we hand out the money, we do our due-diligence; we check out the person and the type of request. Also, next year, we will directly pay the tuition fee to the University where Srividhya is studying.

Finally, thank you for your kind words on my attaining 'moksha'!! I am not sure about that. In any case, if I am fortunate enough to go there, I am not going there alone! My fellow members who havealso contributed should go before me!! (Some day! guys! not now!).

Last edited:
Just saw a news item that a minster in the Malaysian Govt has asked Muslims not to greet Hindus on Diwali, as it would be un-Islamic. The Govt is supposedly distancing itself from this. Just thought it might be of interest.

-- Viswanath

Dear Viswanath:

Interesting.... but it is ok with our Hindu politicians (if Mr.Karunanidhi can be considered a Hindu) as well as other North Indian Hindu politicians to mingle with the Muslims and participate during the Ramadan feast after the sunset. I forget the name for this feast (Urdu/Arabic).

Long live Secularism!

Shocking news: Cambridge University has shut down the Sanskrit Dept after nearly 150 years. The irony is that with one hand Man Mohan Singh was honoured with a doctorate and with the other Sanskrit was shown the door, so to speak.

-- Viswanath

silverfox said:
Dear Viswanath:

Interesting.... but it is ok with our Hindu politicians (if Mr.Karunanidhi can be considered a Hindu) as well as other North Indian Hindu politicians to mingle with the Muslims and participate during the Ramadan feast after the sunset. I forget the name for this feast (Urdu/Arabic).

Long live Secularism!

Iftaar ?

-- Viswanath

Srividya

Where can we send contributions for Srividya?

re: Cambridge University shutting down Sanskrit departments.

One of the malaise that afflicts some Indians is how much we value a white man's approval. We will never be a great people if we do not reach a state where a white man's approval does not matter much to us because of the confidence we have in ourselves. First let me see all the IIT's have Sanskrit Departments and then we can think about Sanskrit Departments in Cambridge University. We do not learn to value our own treasures, why do we expect others to? If we prefer our children to study French and German instead of Sanskrit, why do we expect the world to respect us? We should reach a state when the French and Germans start complaining that they have stopped teaching these languages in the IIT's. At one point in History, Takshashila had that status in the world.

In the world of technology, Indian are out-performing the rest of the world and setting new standards. If we can replicate this in all the speheres of life, we will not lose sleep over Cambridge closing the Sanskrit Depratment. The richest man in UK is an Indian - our people work long hours protected by the wholesome family values of Hinduism. The rest of UK by contrast is a society in decline - often because their core values are of doubtful wholesomeness.

The new breed of youngsters in India want to conquer the world with their intellect and creativity and do not have the diffidence of their older generations whio labored under yoke of imperialist rule. In other words, the nucleus of the rennaissance in India is already there for all of us to see. Let us all jump on this bandwagon and excel in all spheres of our endeavour and to start with - realize that we are capable of beating the world.

silverfox said:
Dear Tri-Vikrama and Hariharan1972:
Good exchange, even though I didn't understand the Telugu! I am having enough problem understanding the Tamil!
You talk about "a poor brahmin scoring 96%, while....".. Well, we had a case coming to us a few months ago. Srividhya (whose father is a cook and poor) had scored 96%; yet she couldn't get any scholarship to the Engineering college JUST because she was a Brahmin. I appealed to all the members in this forum to come up and help out in paying her first year tuition of Rs.40k; not very many came forward. In any case, about five of us contributed and paid the first year tuition.
The point I am trying to make is that while it is great discussing about these issues, I would like see more of our members step forward in helping out the less fortunate among us, when the call comes in. If everybody chipped in even small amount, it would be more than enough.

We need to help Srividhya out next year for her tuition.

Last edited:
Dear Silicon Valley_an:

Bravo! Bravo! way to go! Very powerful arguments! Very thought-provoking!
Let me chime in! I was visiting Chennai a few years ago and went to someone's house. Of course, all the kids were going only to English-medium school and watching 'Friends'!! I asked them if they understood the humor and they felt somewhat insulted!!
When I tried to speak in Tamil, these kids answered me in English. One of the adults proudly said to me that they do not speak in Tamil!! I asked them how could that be .. they being right in the middle of Tamil Nadu?
Go figure!
Silicon Valley, you are absolutely right! we dont have pride in our own mother-tongue; we send the children to study French, Spanish...
Like you have beautifully stated, until we start taking pride in what we are without needing the approval of a white man, we will not be a great people!
Thank you so much for your offer of contribution for Srividhya. I will come back to you later.

caution! do not propagate or relay insufficient info

Viswanath said:
Just saw a news item that a minster in the Malaysian Govt has asked Muslims not to greet Hindus on Diwali, as it would be un-Islamic. The Govt is supposedly distancing itself from this. Just thought it might be of interest.

-- Viswanath

Hi Viswanath,

Thank you for the news; the Malaysian Govt or the member of the Govt has neither issued the statement nor would issue such nuisance as the member of parliment comprise of many Hindu Tamilian , Christian and Buddhist as well. The Ruling party (Barisan national itself, is a three racial teamed up party).

the statement came from the head of the muslim law (shariah) department and it is his personal view.

Kuala Lumpur, October 11: The head of Malaysia's Shariat Department has asked Muslims in the country not to greet​

Hindus a 'Happy Diwali,' a directive the government distanced itself from saying it is a narrow interpretation of Islam.
Fauzi Mustaffar, head of Shariah department, in an email directive to office staff has said that Diwali was a religious
festival in which Hindu deities were worshipped and greeting Hindus on the occassion was like practising polytheism to
Muslims."So Muslims who have inadvertently wished Hindus a Happy Diwali, Happy Durga Pooja or Happy Lakshmi
Pooja must immediately repent and not repeat it in the future," Fauzi said in his e-mail, according to 'The Star' daily.​

Government distanced itself from the controversial directive. Abdullah Zin, a minister in Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi's
Department, said the email sent by Mustaffar was his "personal view," according to the daily."He (Mustaffar) has no
authority to say Muslims shouldn't wish Hindus because that is like a fatwa (edict). And fatwas can only come from the
National Fatwa Council and Jakim," Zin was quoted as saying.
"Just because you wish someone Happy Diwali does not mean that you have embraced his beliefs and religion. It is not
syirik (practising polytheism). In a multi-religious and multi-racial country like ours, it is important to live in harmony and
be nice to one another," the minister said.Fauzi when contacted said the email was in response to employees enquiries
and meant only for internal circulation.Malaysia is a muslim majority country but has a minority population of Hindus and
Chinese who are freely allowed to practice and Diwali is a national holiday.​

Last edited:
Discrimination

As long as you are a minority community, no matter where one is in the world, one will encounter discrimination. There are two things one can do about discrimination. Either make it work to your advantage it or complain about it. I read the comments about discrimination against Brahmins in TN. I guess the best strategy is to excel in whatever you do and go where one is welcome. It is exactly the same stategy India and China are using in the international marketplace. If you can do a much better job for much less than the pampered brats, business will automatically come your way. The laws of economics do not care about a person's heritage.

The oppressed survives by dividing and conquering the oppressors. If the German do not treat Indian software professionals well by not offering them residence status, they will prefer to go to USA which will benefit as a result. This is the strategy one must adopt. It is a waste of effort to try and change the heart of the opressors when their agenda is discrimination. We have to use the selfishness of others to our advantage.

What we have to ensure that they have to gain more by fair treatment than by discrimination. The muslims have have realized this well and have formed vote banks where they will vote en-mass for a politician who will work for their interests. Brahmins have to unite as well and designate and support politicians who will work for their interest and be willing to switch loyalties if they fail to deliver.

What Brahmins lack is the ability to organize and unite - and they lack leadership qualities. Brahmins are a mere 4% of the population of India. But the Sikhs are even less but have organized their communities better. But unfortunately we Brahmins either only look after our own interest or we complain. This has to change. The reason I joined this site is to try to do my bit - even from afar.

Rather than having faith in the goodness of others we must have absolute faith in the selfishness of others :eek:)

Last edited:
that is called nach adi

Silicon Valley-an said:
One of the malaise that afflicts some Indians is how much we value a white man's approval. We will never be a great people if we do not reach a state where a white man's approval does not matter much to us because of the confidence we have in ourselves, If we prefer our children to study French and German instead of Sanskrit, why do we expect the world to respect us?

ur absolutely right mate, it is nothing wrong acquiring vast knowledge, but leaving behind your own identity...as a price!!!! pathetic, I felt sorry for those type of people. They think by speaking English or French they would become Prince William or Harry's cousin and would be coronate with Queen Elizabeth's surname. Those morons didn't know that however good is your English ur still a Paki Basta** or third world uncivilised slums, black, colour that is the name u will get in the society.
We are the only one who hails others culture and glorifying their history. My cousins; they call their parents Mum and dad, and there are many out there like them, their parents whom should be blamed, they think that they will be lifted up to the sky when they speak English. I can't find any reasons what is wrong with us, aren't we intelligent, smart enough compare to the whites!!!

Vellaikaaranukku kujaa thukkura antha kothadima buthi ennum samudhayatha vittu pohghala, eventhough 50 years passed,

Yes sir, no sir three beg fool sir.

For the purpose of education, knowledge, communications, career language such as English..french..german..Japnese..Russian language are essential. But it didn't mean that u have to strip off ur skin and wear a caucasian fur.
If u ever been to Spain, Italy, France, Turkey, Chez, Portugal, Finland (as I been there I am quoting as an example) they don't give u damn whether u r English ass or French donkey. U have to buy dual lingua guide books, otherwise u won't survive, they are happy with thier own language and they don't care whether u speak English or German, If u speak to them in English only one in thousand would be available to answer ur query otherwise, they would say NAH! ENGlISH! NAH LIBRE!, they proud of their language and they respect thier identity and who they are. only we still trying to please whitemen's buttock.

Do u guys know that the british people aren't happy with enormous number of IT companies has been shifted their job tasks to India. They said u guys aren't good enough. It seems there are communication problems, our people out there sometimes could not able to pick up their strong accents, well the damn South East Englishman himself finding it is difficulty to understand the wales, scots, irish, midland and yorkshire accent and yet blaming others.

You guys speak and write better grammatical english then these VELLAKAARA KOSHA KUPPANS. Still u have to satisfy their requirements to score band 7.0 in IELTS another method or day robbery of the british from the poor third world country.
Doctors have to sit n pay for >IELTS>PLAB I>PLAB II> exams at there is no assurance or guarantee for a JOB. MRCS..MRCOG..etc..money..money..recognitions
Same for Pharmacolgist, Aviation Engineers,.. Pilots..teachers..dentist..engineers.recognition..recognition and recognition required and u have to empty your pocket.

In my personal view honestly I think U guys has acquired better education then us in UK,(but still u need to obtain the NARIC's recognition and u have to pay for it, in most cases Indians qualification always been degraded)
In numerous occasion I felt envy on my fellow INDIAN students achievements. I wish I have acquired my studies in India ..or perhaps not!!! ...I have to think about it..properly... Hahahah...it is scary...

India is a gigantic country and with largest linguistic and skillfull professionals, I don't why they still need to beg for foreign recognisation, French do not pay any royalty to britain or usa, germans don't.. Russia...China.

Just us the south n south east asians and affro-carribeans who are still paying to pamper whitemen's bottom.

telugu movie- neeku nehnu naaku nuvvu- song lyric "Talli tandri nehrpinatte maatru baashra...marachi pohthey vaala marachi nattura..." sang by SP Charan, music RP Patnaik Choreography by Uday Kiran.

Meaning of the song" Thaai Tanthai padipitta thaai bhaasyai..maranthu pohnaal avarkalay marathathukku oppaagum"

very good song worth listening.

Meendum Vellaikaara raajiyam, long live whitemen, hail! hail!

Last edited:
tri_vikrama said:
Hi Viswanath,

Thank you for the news; the Malaysian Govt or the member of the Govt has neither issued the statement nor would issue such nuisance as the member of parliment comprise of many Hindu Tamilian , Christian and Buddhist as well. The Ruling party (Barisan national itself, is a three racial teamed up party).

the statement came from the head of the muslim law (shariah) department and it is his personal view. ....
I am sorry. I realize my post was not complete.
That someone, especially the head of a department, could issue such a notice is in itself strange. In India the Hindus get very strong public/government reaction for 'saying' things much less vindictive.

I would prefer to drop this topic as it has no great value in itself.

Sorry once again if it offended anyones sensitivities.

-- Viswanath

Last edited:
Silverfox,
I would be lying if i say i didn't know about Srividya's case, but the vortex of issues i was into at that point in time didn't allow me to contribute. The idea to create a fund out of one time contribution is a fabulous one. Kindly let me know further details & rest assured, i will be an early bird contributor.

Sagodharar 3 Vikrama,
Your point is absolutely valid. It is the political leadership which is re-enacting "divide & rule". Already in this country there is an "uneasy calm" between Hindus & Muslims & very soon, this would extend among castes as well. As far as your list of who doesn't like whom goes, i would blame it on - a) Creating States on linguistic lines b) Lack of Decentralized growth which meant that everyone is protective about his/her turf c) Political polarisation - you are either for or against, no midground. The only hope as i see for the young leadership coming to the forefront - Rahul Gandhi, Sachin Pilot, Junior Scindia et all. We need fresh minds.
'Sangha Tamizh' mattumallamal yenakku 'singa tamizh' (singara chennai) teriyum. I have been brought up on a healthy dose of tamil - school, college, neighbourhood, serials & magazines. Will you do me a favour dropping 'anna' in your future posts. I don't know whether you say this in jest, but it gives me jitters for sure. As i am only celebrating 16th anniversary of my 18th birthday, i wouldn't want to assume the mantle of 'anna' as yet.

Sri Vishwanath :
I do agree that Brahmins quite often 'over compensate' for the real & ficticious attrocities perpetuated by our predecessors. I also feel that today's brahmin is the most adjustable of the lot who has learnt to live even next to a Mutton Stall. The 'jaggiradhai unarvu' that a brahmin carries today is much much higher & his ante is up the moment he steps out of home so that he doesn't utter a single word or do a single action which is perceived to be 'anti-non-brahmin'. This extends to even the way he handles a sub-ordinate in office especially if he is a Non-brahmin.

To all my friends in this thread:

Quoting Silicon Valley: "What Brahmins lack is the ability to organize and unite - and they lack leadership qualities. Brahmins are a mere 4% of the population of India. But the Sikhs are even less but have organized their communities better. But unfortunately we Brahmins either only look after our own interest or we complain. This has to change. The reason I joined this site is to try to do my bit - even from afar."

I would ask all of you to go back to what Ramki has proposed somewhere in this forum - political clout in today's volatile elections where even a margin of 200 votes can make a difference.
Ramki, perhaps you may want to post it again in this thread! Thanks!
We should be talking about how we go about doing this - organize ourselves as a political group - it has merit!

silverfox said:
To all my friends in this thread:

I would ask all of you to go back to what Ramki has proposed somewhere in this forum - political clout in today's volatile elections where even a margin of 200 votes can make a difference.
Ramki, perhaps you may want to post it again in this thread! Thanks!
We should be talking about how we go about doing this - organize ourselves as a political group - it has merit!

Hi Silverfox what abt the political party started by *******. The party MDJK(Makkal desiya jananayaka katchi). Can we(brahmins) organize into that party? And joined hands with non brahmins who are also welcomed to join the party. But i still dont know any other detailes about the party. anybody knows about it?

thambrass

whisper said:
Hi Silverfox what abt the political party started by *******. The party MDJK(Makkal desiya jananayaka katchi). Can we(brahmins) organize into that party? And joined hands with non brahmins who are also welcomed to join the party. But i still dont know any other detailes about the party. anybody knows about it?
Dear sir, pl., visit www.thambrass.com

Dear friends:
Ramki will write some more on this. Praveen tried to contact them thru several means - email, phone calls - but no reply, no response, nada, zip!
I am terribly sorry to say this but based on our experience I feel they are completely useless bunch of morons, interested only in promoting their own personal agenda. Why don't any of you send them an email and see if you receive any response at all? Their email id is on their website.
Once I reach Chennai (Oct. 29th), Praveen and I are planning to visit their address to see if there is really such an organization exists!

well said man? someone need to draw the pillayar shuli

That is a fruitfull thought, joining a good party, instead of being an independent brahmanic party.
Just imagine, an educated society who governs the country, sounds great, wonderfull.

I couldn't find the web address,,,,,!!! for MJDK, anyway who are this MJDK, are there same like any other old frog party??

Last edited:
Silicon Valley-an said:
Where can we send contributions for Srividya?

re: Cambridge University shutting down Sanskrit departments.

One of the malaise that afflicts some Indians is how much we value a white man's approval. We will never be a great people if we do not reach a state where a white man's approval does not matter much to us because of the confidence we have in ourselves. First let me see all the IIT's have Sanskrit Departments and then we can think about Sanskrit Departments in Cambridge University. We do not learn to value our own treasures, why do we expect others to? If we prefer our children to study French and German instead of Sanskrit, why do we expect the world to respect us? We should reach a state when the French and Germans start complaining that they have stopped teaching these languages in the IIT's. At one point in History, Takshashila had that status in the world.
Dear Silicon Valley-an,

Nice post, on the whole.

Re the Cambridge University part of your post, I think you missed the point of my post. It was not the white mans recognition (or lack of it) that I was lamenting. It was the irony of the situation - Man Mohan Singh's doctorate on the one hand & Sanskrit shoo'ed out on the other. The context is this: Unlike other Indian languages, Sanskrit is iconic. It is the backbone of Indian culture. I made that obsevation in the backdrop of all the anti-Hindu propanganda that is going on in India, the conversions, the utter contempt of the media for anything Hindu....
It would be as much a matter of shame if it had happened in India. Whether it was done by a 'white' man or purple is not the point of debate. That an institution which taught the language for more than 150 years decided to close it down is a matter of regret. Of course the reason could well be that there were not enough students showing an interest in the language.
Entirely agree with you when you say that we should set our house in order first before we complain about others.
The other point is when you compare Cambridge University with the IIT's.
Cambridge University, being a university, has many disciplines under it - sciences, technology, languages etc whereas IIT's are not univerisities in that sense. They (IIT's) are there to impart education in technology, period. They need not have Sanskrit in the curriculum.

Just my 2 bits,

-- Viswanath

Latest ads

Back