• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is Lord Shiva Brahmin or Nonbrahmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:But what is final conclusion on Shiva ? In my view if you go by the birth as the criteria (as in current practice) Lord Shiva is the son of Brahma is a brahmin by Birth.
Alwan

siva vishnu brahmaa are essentially beyond caste,imho :) or language or beyond any comprehension :)

So are you in favor of flaunting your caste around like a badge? Is it like a medal you earned with your own efforts?

just as you flaunt your name?its just another identifier,if one wants a identiy!!i am sure you had nothing to do with choosing your real name unlike this moniker in this forum.Nothing wrong imho saying that you are tamizhan and a brahmin.If thats a badge ,so be it.

....... but surely he didn't have to call my தெய்வம் as கண்ட கண்ட!! :)
Dear Amala, Nothing to do with your real தெய்வம்!!

Prof. meant a part of the proverb: கணவனே கண் கண்ட தெய்வம்!

:decision: . . :hail:

Dear Amala, Nothing to do with your real தெய்வம்!!

Prof. meant a part of the proverb: கணவனே கண் கண்ட தெய்வம்!

:decision: . . :hail:

மனைவி கண் கண்ட தெய்வம்! is my reality :)

மனைவி கண் கண்ட தெய்வம்!மனைவி அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடூத்த வரம் .in this case lord siva & goddess sakthi :)

me too!! And i was thinking yes i know Nara mama is an atheist but surely he didn't have to call my தெய்வம் as கண்ட கண்ட!!
manchivadu manavadu bangaru Amala garu, kanda kanda ledhu naiyna taravata intikku lopula bahavunnaru,

thats all folks, I am all out of Telugu words I know ....

மனைவி கண் கண்ட தெய்வம்!மனைவி அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடூத்த வரம் .in this case lord siva & goddess sakthi :)
What to do Sir! Sometimes, it is இறைவன் 'கெடுத்த' instead of 'கொடுத்த'! :fish:

Hey you guys still want to attribute a caste to Lord Shiva?
I cant stop laughing..why drag Lord Shiva down to a level of a mere mortal when
every Varna from Brahmana to Shudra dies.

Lord Shiva is Mrtunjaya.

May be some of us are always looking for a "God" to identify with..the best God in that case will be the Mirror!! and many can sing "I am stuck with the man in the mirror" for eternity.

Raji mami, Prof knows me well! And he knows I'm a girl. He was just saying all the Telugu words he knows.

Nara mama "na bangaru thandri" (my golden father) keep it up. You're getting there. See Telugu ain't all that difficult :)

Lord Shiva is "All In All Alagu Raja" and Devi Parvathi is "Miss. Universe" and "Alli Rani"...Thats all....Now both Alagu Raja and Alli Rani must be laughing at we humans in Bhoo Logam, seated together in Kailasam.

Alagu Raja - Devi, thangal manithagal pattri enna ninaikareergal?
Alli Rani - Swami, thangal kku theriyaadha? Neengal Ninaikirathai dhaane naanu ninaikiren...
Alagu Raja - Brahmin, Non-Brahmin endru solgraargle...Appadi naa enna Devi?
Alli Rani - Swami, thaangalum Maha Vishnu polave leelaigal saithu vittu, avar Mahalakshmi deviyai kekkum pola ve neengalum ennai kekareergale
Alagu Raja - Devi, ennakkum unnume puriyala. Nambalayum Jan Lok Pall Bill keezh amaithu viduvaargalo ena kavalai aaga irukirathu
Alli Rani - Kavalaigal vendam Swami. Namblodiya mootha magan Murugan irukkum varai entha aabathum nambalkku vanthu vidaathu.
Alagu Raja - Devi, thaangal koorvathum vaasthavam dhaan. Thaangul kudukkum dhairiyathil naan nimmathiyaaga oranguven

Last edited:
....... Nara mama "na bangaru thandri" (my golden father) keep it up. You're getting there. See Telugu ain't all that difficult :)

Amala, I know that he knows!!
naaku kooda Telugu thelusu, bangaaru thalli! :high5:

Kadavulukke Caste-aa? Adengappaa...
Welcome newB... You are yet to know about this forum! Any question with caste in the title will become 'hot' within a

few hours. That seems to be an unsaid rule!? Since more than enough topics have been discussed about human beings,

now it is shifting slowly towards The Almighty.

I am reminded of the 'Dharumi' episode in ThiruviLaiyAdal, and enjoy this particular dialogue very much:

Lord Siva: kELviyai nee kEtkirAyA, illai nAn kEtkattumA?
Dharumi: nAnE kEtkirEn..... enakku, kEtkaththAn theriyum! :decision:. . :dance:

Lord Shiva is "All In All Alagu Raja" and Devi Parvathi is "Miss. Universe" and "Alli Rani"...Thats all....Now both Alagu Raja and Alli Rani must be laughing at we humans in Bhoo Logam, seated together in Kailasam.

Alagu Raja - Devi, thangal manithagal pattri enna ninaikareergal?
Alli Rani - Swami, thangal kku theriyaadha? Neengal Ninaikirathai dhaane naanu ninaikiren...
Alagu Raja - Brahmin, Non-Brahmin endru solgraargle...Appadi naa enna Devi?
Alli Rani - Swami, thaangalum Maha Vishnu polave leelaigal saithu vittu, avar Paarvathi deviyai kekkum pola ve neengalum ennai kekareergale
Alagu Raja - Devi, ennakkum unnume puriyala. Nambalayum Jan Lok Pall Bill keezh amaithu viduvaargalo ena kavalai aaga irukirathu
Alli Rani - Kavalaigal vendam Swami. Namblodiya mootha magan Murugan irukkum varai entha aabathum nambalkku vanthu vidaathu.
Alagu Raja - Devi, thaangal koorvathum vaasthavam dhaan. Thaangul kudukkum dhairiyathil naan nimmathiyaaga oranguven

That was hilarious Ravi Sir. Few points to ponder:

1. On the Vishnu comparison - Aduthavanga kudumbatha pathi pesaradhu angayum irukku pola irukey...
2. Vishnu yaenpa Parvati Deviyai keka poraar... Caste kondu vandhaachu, aduthadhu kudumbathula kuzhapamuma?
3. Namba mootha magan, you mean Subramany Swami? Read recently that MK surrendered to SS to not bring his family (further) down with anti-corruption law suits.

KadavuL Manidhanai Padaithaanaa? Manidhan KadavuLai Padaithaanaa?

Anbudan,

Siva

Welcome newB... You are yet to know about this forum! Any question with caste in the title will become 'hot' within a

few hours. That seems to be an unsaid rule!? Since more than enough topics have been discussed about human beings,

now it is shifting slowly towards The Almighty.

I am reminded of the 'Dharumi' episode in ThiruviLaiyAdal, and enjoy this particular dialogue very much:

Lord Siva: kELviyai nee kEtkirAyA, illai nAn kEtkattumA?
Dharumi: nAnE kEtkirEn..... enakku, kEtkaththAn theriyum! :decision:. . :dance:

Thanks Mam. I particularly like the jokes and literature section, but stumbled upon this thread - interesting read !

Raji mami,

Naaku telusu that meeku telugu chaala baaga telusu :). Vizag right? :)

(i know that you know telugu very well)

Hey you guys still want to attribute a caste to Lord Shiva?
I cant stop laughing..why drag Lord Shiva down to a level of a mere mortal when
every Varna from Brahmana to Shudra dies.

Lord Shiva is Mrtunjaya.

You have the answer already!

May be some of us are always looking for a "God" to identify with..the best God in that case will be the Mirror!! and many can sing "I am stuck with the man in the mirror" for eternity.

We haven't yet moved away from the TV screen , to know ourselves even in the mirror! We have decades to know who is Shiva, by then we will be already late in knowing Allah ;)

சிவனை, சிவனே என்று எப்போது விடுவார்களோ! சிவ சிவா!

Lord Siva is now :bolt:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back