Is 63 too young to move into a senior home community in coimbatore

Hello All,
Namaskarams. This is my first post and I request your valuable opinion. I am going to be 63 next year and my wife 60 and we are in the USA last 35 years. I have decided to retire and slowly start living in India. I am seriously thinking of moving to a senior home community in coimbatore area like Nana Nani etc. I know it is a big move and lot of fear of unknowns. But we have decided to take a plunge and test the waters. I am wondering if we are too young to move to a senior home community? Since independent living in India poses its own challenges we are looking for a care free living. Even though I have my siblings in India I don't want to be dependent on anyone. I have been vising India at least twice a year last 20 years so I know the pitfalls and advantages. But I am not able to figure out whether to live in a retirement community. We visited Nana Nani 2 years back and the staff were not able to give a convincing answer to this question. I will be really obliged if the forum members opine based on their personal experiences or learnt experiences. Thanks in Advance.

Rajagopal
 
Hello All,
Namaskarams. This is my first post and I request your valuable opinion. I am going to be 63 next year and my wife 60 and we are in the USA last 35 years. I have decided to retire and slowly start living in India. I am seriously thinking of moving to a senior home community in coimbatore area like Nana Nani etc. I know it is a big move and lot of fear of unknowns. But we have decided to take a plunge and test the waters. I am wondering if we are too young to move to a senior home community? Since independent living in India poses its own challenges we are looking for a care free living. Even though I have my siblings in India I don't want to be dependent on anyone. I have been vising India at least twice a year last 20 years so I know the pitfalls and advantages. But I am not able to figure out whether to live in a retirement community. We visited Nana Nani 2 years back and the staff were not able to give a convincing answer to this question. I will be really obliged if the forum members opine based on their personal experiences or learnt experiences. Thanks in Advance.

Rajagopal
hi

nice....im in the same boat....im receiving social security and medicare in USA.....we are living more than

2 5 yrs in usa....its big step to think to move to india.....we are having same dilema here too...in fact

my native place is coimbatore/palakkad area....still we have confusions....
 
Back
Top